View Poll Results: Do you want to restrict the power of FB engines?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Restrict the power of FB engines to the current level (method TBD)

25 73.53%
  • Do not restrict the power of FB engines

2 5.88%
  • Restrict the power of FB engines to a higher future level (method TBD)

5 14.71%
  • Limit the available model years of engines for use in FB

2 5.88%
    Liked: 896

Default poll on maximum engine power for FB

Do you favor restricting the peak power of FB engines. The method of restriction is not defined at this time.

1 - if you think the power of FB engines should be restricted to the current level

2 - if you do not want the power of FB engines to be restricted.

3 - if you want the power restricted to a higher future level

4. - if you want to limit the model years of engines available for use in FB
    Last edited by Jnovak; 04.23.12 at 6:34 PM.

Liked: 2

Default A not-sure vote...

I truly don't know how to vote. Things are pretty good now; the challenge is to keep it that way...

I kinda like the notion of tabling the issue until someone shows up with an engine that makes everything else obsolete. If that happens -- and only after a full season's reward for the daring soul who gets a BMW (or something) to run properly -- I'd suggest looking into restrictor-plates to re-level the field for a time (as is stated as an option in the current rules).

Basically, I think the great appeal of F1000 lies not in engine-madness, but in the challenge to max out things in the aero and chassis departments. There is just SO much latitude in the rules for good, healthy, progressive development in these areas.

I'm not sure another ten or fifteen horsepower would necesarily be bad for the catagory from a safety point of view... but if a new engine were to create the situation where everyone would have to toss their GSXRs and upgrade... well, that could put a real dent in the growth of the class.

I guess I vote for continued rules-stability in the class. I hope for continued engine parity. And if a serious problem arises in the engine-area, implement the restrictor-plate rule already in place. Above all: Keep the engines relatively cheap... and keep the preponderance of the competitor's powerplants from sudden obsolescence.

Contributing Member Thomas Copeland's Avatar
    Liked: 165

100% Chris.

The real winners in this class are going to be those that come up with the slickest aero package, not some horsepower monster that'll evenually get pulled back. Aero design in F1000 hasn't even started yet. Right now we are all just bricks hurling through space.

I voted for restriction, but at a higher HP level because I believe now is not the time for it, but later, perhaps a year or two when most of us (the smart ones anyway) would be probably running Kawi's.

But I don't know if I'm that worried about it to care one way or the other right now.

By "current level" I'm supposing you were talking about the proposal for 175 hp in Fastrak. If you are talking more in the 195-200 hp range then I'm ok with that...uh maybe....Chris is right, not sure how to vote on this either...
    Last edited by Thomas Copeland; 04.25.12 at 7:02 PM. Reason: added last 3 sentences

Thread Information