Liked: 74

Default WTB, used CM Hoosiers

First off, to the moderators, Sorry, I know this isn't technically the right place for this post but this forum really hits my target market. Feel free to move it if you'd like

The new car is getting close and I'll need a set of used tires soon ( but not soon enough ;-) )

I'm looking for a used set of Hoosiers, the usual 7.0 fronts and cantilevers rears, something around 30-60 runs would be prefered (sorry Mark, not looking for you old tires with 130+ on them :-) ) Something with plenty of life left so I can put lots of laps in at the local cart track, but not so new that I'd want to keep them for autocross events (I'll get a new set for that)

Hoping to pay around 1/3 to 1/2 of new price.

Thanks!
    Barry Ott

Please pm me or email:
    barryott

at

my
    awai
    dot
    com

Liked: 309

Default John Berget?

Barry,

Have you checked with John Berget? http://www.jbracingtires.net/

Back when the Goodyear R120 was available/competitive, I would buy a used sets once in awhile. I was always very pleased at the quality of tires I received given the price.

Take care,
    Chris Pruett
    Swift DB1

Thanks Pru, I kinda forgot about John. I'll give it a couple days here to see if somebody wants to get a couple bucks for some tires they may not use, then I'll give John a call.

Barry

Liked: 9

I'm looking for a used set of Hoosiers, the usual 7.0 fronts and cantilevers rears, something around 30-60 runs would be prefered (sorry Mark, not looking for you old tires with 130+ on them :-) ) Something with plenty of life left so I can put lots of laps in at the local cart track, but not so new that I'd want to keep them for autocross events (I'll get a new set for that)

Hoping to pay around 1/3 to 1/2 of new price.

Thanks!
    Barry Ott

Please pm me or email:
    barryott

Hey, there were no cords showing and I would have let you have them for the cost of shipping The new ones worked quite well, but I still can't brake and turn at the same time.
    Mark
    1990 Van Diemen, the Racing Machine, CM AutoX, 2016 Frontier
    You can try to make a street car into an autocrosser or you can do a lot less work and make a race car into a great autocrosser

Liked: 6

As of yesterday John Berget has a set of 3/4+ rubber R25B's in stock, might want to give him a call if you're still looking.

Liked: 1432

I have some 7', R35s with VERY little time if anyone is interested. You would get a lot more life out of them at the kart track than an R25.

Thanks guys, I picked up a set from Berget. *Very* reasonable

Reid, thanks for the offer, but I feel like I should stick with R25b's because that's what I'll run at Autocrosses. Related story: I used to work with a member of the US small bore shooting team. We were talking about all the practice shooting he does and I said "Practice makes Perfect" and he corrected me: "No, Perfect Practice makes Perfect". That phrase always pops into my mind in situations like this. On the other hand, I feel like I should get a set of your take offs, you've been going soooo fast in that car that maybe some of it will rub off on me ;-)

Thanks again!
    Barry

Thread Information