Liked: 84

Default Conversion project

Anyone interested in doing a conversion on a Mygale FC?

Liked: 43

JP,

I hope you didn't wad that thing up. Did you?

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Groan

Dude - Seriously?

You gotta see a Dr about the flip-flop!

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    JP,

I hope you didn't wad that thing up. Did you?
    No the car is fine

Quote Originally Posted by glenn cooper View Post
    Dude - Seriously?

You gotta see a Dr about the flip-flop!
    lol, this is a hobby not politics!! I'm more suited to MC cars, I can't shift H pattern to save my life! my brain don't work that way. I'll probably run it as an FC for the rest of this year then figure something out.

Liked: 896

NovaRace can do it right.

Thanks ... Jay Novak

Default Wha?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
    No the car is fine

lol, this is a hobby not politics!! I'm more suited to MC cars, I can't shift H pattern to save my life! my brain don't work that way. I'll probably run it as an FC for the rest of this year then figure something out.
    The H pattern car is a TON easier to shift than a (non Geartronics!) m/c powerplant, re. the ability to not have to go through each gear, rather straight to neutral while braking, while driving at the limit, specifically...

What's the issue?
    Slip the thing into neutral as you let off the throttle into brake zone, blip throttle with right foot as you decel, one last blip before you select the proper gear just prior to turn in, then fire that bish through the corner.

If you are selecting the wrong gear during downchanging AND turning, it may be due to the cornering G's pulling your body/arm.

As the "gate" is quite tight, THAT will take practice to get right; glad I learned this in a car w/ no valves (FM), and no blowups due to going from 5th to 2nd trying for 4th!

PM me for additional free advice. This offer is only good for newbs from NJ, any and all other wanks/newbs need not apply...

what would I do without you coop!

Contributing Member blackbmwk1200r's Avatar
    Liked: 9

We have 01 Mygale FC. When i talked to Novarace a year ago (maybe longer) a conversion package for Mygale FC's had not been developed. If one is available now or can be developed cost effectively, I am interested.

Sid Smith

Quote Originally Posted by blackbmwk1200r View Post
    We have 01 Mygale FC. When i talked to Novarace a year ago (maybe longer) a conversion package for Mygale FC's had not been developed. If one is available now or can be developed cost effectively, I am interested.

Sid Smith
    it hasn't been developed yet. The list of potential builders that I put together is: Hickman, Devins, Novak, Prince, Wright. I don't really know anyone else but up for any suggestions or proposals...

Default So...

You ARE from Joisey!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by glenn cooper View Post
    You ARE from Joisey!!!!
    you know I'm not but my pops always told me not to argue with a fool because people watching won't know the difference.....love ya you long island fool

Liked: 8

Default Great Car

A Mygale FB would be a great car. Good mechanical grip, decent aero, and then with a 1Litre engine.....you have it all!! And the engine bay would be a (relatively) easy job.

DO IT!!!

Tom Owen
    Owner - Browns Lane and Racelaminates.com

Default I think

therefore I have been burned
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Liked: 23

Has anyone converted a Mygale yet? If not, the first would be a costly project.

Sell the car- shouldn't be a problem. Find a VD RF99ish donor car, make a deal with Jay(he may already have a kit available), and you're on your way.

thanks for the advice my long lost brother but what fun would that be?

Liked: 23

You're welcome. If you consider the time, R&D, and money for a one off conversion, then....... Have fun!

Liked: 126

Citation rear drive box, diff, and A-Arms then weld up a tube structure to connect it to the chassis. Piece of cake!

Classifieds Super License HayesCages's Avatar
    Liked: 180

The left side of the engine bay would be easy since it's bolted at the roll bar structure...
    only took us a year to notice this
    Lawrence Hayes
    Hayes Cages, LLC
    Sagle, ID.

Quote Originally Posted by RobLav View Post
    Citation rear drive box, diff, and A-Arms then weld up a tube structure to connect it to the chassis. Piece of cake!
    I thought that whatever was built would have to mimic the exact layout of what is existing for handling. Is this true? I tried to get Mygale to send me some CAD files of the rear end but I might as well asked for his first born.

TTMRacing

Not being critical, but why don't you just sell the Mygale as an FC, buy a sorted out FB and have fun racing it? Seems like a lot of work, money and time just trying to convert your Mygale. Or maybe you just get more fun out of tinkering than driving. By all your posts, it just seems like you spend more time tinkering, buying and selling than racing.
    Last edited by TTMRacing; 04.11.12 at 1:03 PM.

Liked: 49

I'll trade you my vee for the rest of the season. Only two gears to worry about, it's about as close to a sequential transmission as it gets in an H-pattern car!

Quote Originally Posted by TTMRacing View Post
    Not being critical, but why don't you just sell the Mygale as an FC, buy a sorted out FB and have fun racing it? Seems like a lot of work, money and time just trying to convert your Mygale. Or maybe you just get more fun out of tinkering than driving. By all your posts, it just seems like you spend more time tinkering, buying and selling than racing.
    the short story is I really enjoy both tinkering and racing. I'm on a race track between 2-3 days a month in a car or on a bike so if you ask my wife I spend a decent enough time racing and playing. As far as selling the Mygale, I don't see it selling anytime soon unless I give it away (which I wont)I really like the car so next best thing is to do conversion. Mygale is a great car so it'll be fine. I do this for fun so I don't take it very serious, the build and jerking around on here is a part of the whole package of fun......answer your question?

Liked: 2

Default Cool!

I love the idea of a Mygale FB. The tried and true, fully sorted F/C chassis have proven time and again to be highly competitive in FB -- witness Piper and Citation.

The transformation would be pretty straight forward. Any good fabrication shop should be able to do it with relative ease.

Hope you follow through on it, John Paul. It'd be great to see that French chassis in FB.

Liked: 8

Default Me Too

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Crowe View Post
    I love the idea of a Mygale FB. The tried and true, fully sorted F/C chassis have proven time and again to be highly competitive in FB -- witness Piper and Citation.

The transformation would be pretty straight forward. Any good fabrication shop should be able to do it with relative ease.

Hope you follow through on it, John Paul. It'd be great to see that French chassis in FB.
    John Paul, if you have the desire, I think the Mygale is capable of being right at the front.
    And I get the sense that you are unafraid to strike out on your own. I respect you for that!
    It would be awesome to see another make in the FB paddock.
    Tom Owen
    Owner - Browns Lane and Racelaminates.com

TTMRacing

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
    the short story is I really enjoy both tinkering and racing. I'm on a race track between 2-3 days a month in a car or on a bike so if you ask my wife I spend a decent enough time racing and playing. As far as selling the Mygale, I don't see it selling anytime soon unless I give it away (which I wont)I really like the car so next best thing is to do conversion. Mygale is a great car so it'll be fine. I do this for fun so I don't take it very serious, the build and jerking around on here is a part of the whole package of fun......answer your question?
    Cool, just wondering. Good luck with the conversion.

Liked: 444

JP, why did you sell your FB.?

stupidity.....

Liked: 126

The issues will be roll centers - making the front and rear happy with each other. You don't necessarily have to match the rear roll center of the Mygale FC in a converted Mygale FB. In fact, you might want something different anyway because of the increase in power.

Liked: 2

Default Why an RC change?

More power -- yup. And a lower C/G (which would probably mean just a lighter rear bar). But why is it you feel an rear R/C change would be in order? Same front end... same track, same wheelbase, basically the same tire size...

I'm sincerely curious as to why you think a roll center change would be smart? I'd HATE to toss all those years of Mygale development, personally.

Liked: 0

"then fire that bish through the corner"

Thats what I'm talkin bout!
    Better to have raced for a day...
    than been a spectator for life!

Liked: 13

Default Mygale to FB

You can always ask me if I would like to trade for the mygale. Remember I was considering buying it! It is a much cleaned up car with more Ben Cooper goodies.
    Tony
    P.S. Still has your company logo on it!
    Last edited by BRONCO; 04.11.12 at 9:25 PM. Reason: add content

Liked: 43

Wow, that's throwing down the gauntlet.

Thread Information