Thread: G Force Suit

Liked: 94

Default G Force Suit

Can anyone give me an opinion on G-Force suits? I was planning on getting a Simpson or OMP but had a chance to try-on a G-Force suit today and it fit well and seemed to be of pretty decent quality. The suit was a GF505 Triple-layer Pyrovatex suit that conforms to SFI 3.2A/5 and since it is triple-layer I don't need Nomex undies, right?

Throw the new guy an opinion, please.

Thanks,
    Matt Rehm
    Coraopolis, PA
    Vindicator FV #17 (if I can get through driver's school)

Liked: 42

It's a bit heavy from what I've been told by those who have it.. The Gforce suits are great. I've sold a few of them but they were always the 545. One was to a guy switching from the 505. One of the best bangs for the buck out there IMO. Everyone that I've sold is loved by the owner so I'd readily recommend that one to anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by cooleyjb View Post
    It's a bit heavy from what I've been told by those who have it.. The Gforce suits are great. I've sold a few of them but they were always the 545. One was to a guy switching from the 505. One of the best bangs for the buck out there IMO. Everyone that I've sold is loved by the owner so I'd readily recommend that one to anybody.
    Thanks for the advice. You make a good point about the weight. It was definitely a heavy suit.....reminded me a little bit of my Carhartt suit when I first put it on.

Any opinion of the 545 compared to the OMP Sport?

Thanks again,
    Matt

Liked: 42

Quote Originally Posted by lucky13 View Post
    Thanks for the advice. You make a good point about the weight. It was definitely a heavy suit.....reminded me a little bit of my Carhartt suit when I first put it on.

Any opinion of the 545 compared to the OMP Sport?

Thanks again,
    Matt
    I can't remember the Sport well enough to comment but I'd bet that the 545 is a bit lighter more comfortable. At least in my experience the Gforce was a bit lighter than the equivalently priced suits from sparco, OMP and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by cooleyjb View Post
    I can't remember the Sport well enough to comment but I'd bet that the 545 is a bit lighter more comfortable. At least in my experience the Gforce was a bit lighter than the equivalently priced suits from sparco, OMP and the like.
    Thanks. The 545 seems like a viable option. Not to be superficial about it but the one thing I'm concerned about is the super-shiny finish. I just don't know if I like the look of that....I remember the 70s and 80s and it kind of has the "Member's Only" look. I'll bet I'd love it in late July though.......

Liked: 111

I have a black 545 and it is light, wore very well, and was comfortable. It was a quite a good deal. I happen to have a Redlin Impact suit from Runoffs custom made. It was worried about weight so I had them make it (for extra money) in their superlight model. It weighs nearly double what the Gforce does....

I wear the custom just because it is custom, but always carry the Gforce with me incase of rain, etc. I still like it.

Liked: 0

I'm very happy with G-Force suit and other products.

I'm a bit old school and believe that Nomex underwear with a lighter suit is more comfortable in hot weather as well as being more protection as long as you choose a size for the outer suit that is big enough to allow air/space. Too tight a fit reduces protection.

I tried a three layer in Texas and almost died of heat exhaustion. Temp and high humidity in the East can be worse than high heat in Texas.

[FONT=Univers][SIZE=1][FONT=Univers][SIZE=1]From GCR: "All suits shall bear an SFI 3.2A/1 or higher certification
    label or FIA 1986 Standard or FIA Standard or 8856-2000
    homologation label. Underwear of fire resistant material shall
    be used, but is optional with suits carrying an FIA Standard
    1986 Standard or FIA Standard 8856-2000 label or SFI 3-2A/5
    or higher (e.g., /10, /15, /20) certification label."

I would go with Nomex underwear and the lighter suit meeting SFI 3-2A/5 or /10.

Good luck at the Driver's School.

[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Contributing Member
    Liked: 101

The 545 is a nice suit. The lower models are well.....lower models, heavy, stiff, and lots of other things you won't be happy with.

The 545 compares well to OMP and Sparco suits.

Thread Information