Liked: 30

Default Memphis Rational

Pete Frost took a pretty bad tumble (rolled the car several times) Saturday at Memphis and had to be transported. Just wondering if anyone knows how he is. Hope he's OK. The car is sure a mess.

Liked: 151

Please keep us updated if you hear anything.

Liked: 830

FYI,
    I just talked to Pete on the phone and he's OK. No so much for the car - no corners left and LOTS of other damage.
    Pete said he just 'lost it' on his own at the end of the drag strip straight when he hit an unexpected bump - dropped the LF into the grass and it dug in - rolling the car several times.

He's sore, but otherwise the damage is to his WALLET. Thankfully, others stepped in and loaded the remnants of his car into his trailer and 'protected' his belongings until he returned... returned, BTW via cab. Pete was alone for the weekend and the ambulance deposited him and left. When they released him, NO ONE was there to help and he had to call a cab to get back to the track.

All in all a scary situation and a reminder to each of us to make a real effort to have SOME ONE ELSE at the track who knows you well enough to follow up at the hospital in a situation like this.

A double shame since Pete was hunting Runoffs points and was the ONLY car in class - DNS for both races. Pretty bad turnout at the event overall - only about 60 cars.

Steve, FV80

Liked: 0

Many thanks to all those folks who helped me this past weekend from the corner workers to the competitors and their crews, it is greatly appreciated. I am O.K., the car not so well. It is going to take a few months for me to get the car ready to race again.

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Wow Pete, glad to hear you're ok. Sorry to hear the car is not. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

ASRF1000

Default on-track insurance

Pete,

Did you have insurance on the car? Only around $5,000 for the full season of club racing and it can save to a bunch under these circumstances.

Liked: 2

Default Insurance ---

Glad everyone is in good shape.

I've never heard of on-track insurance... who does one contact regarding same?

Thanks,

Chris

ASRF1000

Default insurance

For on-track insurance;

MIG - contact Peter Sereda at 888-305-4442

Their club racing policy is very affordable. Something around $5-6K for the entire season with a $30,000 max coverage. I think it's like up to 20 races or something like that. It includes all practice sessions, etc. You can get higher coverage if you want. It can really pay for itself under a crash like Pete's.

Glad to hear you're OK Pete!
    Last edited by ASRF1000; 04.03.12 at 7:46 AM.

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Damn Pete

Glad u r ok. I just heard about this from Dernehl/GT3. He thought it was an FA.
    Sorry to hear, glad u r not hurt!

GC

Liked: 22

Really glad to hear your ok Pete, hope to see you soon.
    Fletch

Liked: 1

Ditto. Glad to hear you are ok Pete. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help get your Phoenix back on the road.

Liked: 52

I can't believe I just saw this. I'm sorry to hear about your car, but I'm glad you're ok. I hope you both make a full recovery. Let me know if I can help! It won't be the same without you. Hurry back.
    Tim Pierce - #81
    2018 JDR F-1000
    www.area81racing.com

Liked: 11

Default Sure sorry to hear the news, hang in there guy.

Pete,

As Tim mentioned, we hope to see you soon at SEDIV events.

Glad to hear you're OK.

Richard
    Working hard to enhance my Carbon Fiber footprint....
    2011 Stohr F1000
    www.Area81Racing.com

Liked: 10

Pete,
    Glad to hear you are OK. I was in the FE parked near you and we spoke briefly at the start of the weekend. I didn't see the incident, only you in the grass after it was over. After the start to your season its too bad it actually got worse.

The bright side is the car and your safety equipment worked well and you can get the car back together.

Better luck from here on in

Mat Cutter
    FE #24

Thread Information