F1000champ

Default There's still time....

There's still time to get in on the action. Racing in the Formula 1000 Championship Series is one of the most cost effective venues in open-wheel racing. Cars with advanced technology, engines that rev over 12,000 rpms, standing starts, high-profile events, on-demand webcasts, great prize money and more.

For driver opportunities visit: http://www.f1000champ.com/driver_opportunities.html

16 cars are currently entered for the first event at Mosport in May. Don't miss out on a great season of competitive racing.

Liked: 26

What is with the bait and switch on the 2012 towing?

F1000champ

No bait & switch. Tow fund was for those who registered by February 1st. Which is all who have registered to date. It is not available to those who register after the 1st of February. Plain and simple. All who have already registered are eligible for the tow fund.

Which is why it clearly states this on our Annual Registration forms to inform anyone who registers after that date, as well as on our Tow Fund Page.

The tow fund was meant for full season drivers, not one off teams.
    Last edited by F1000champ; 03.30.12 at 9:07 PM.

[FONT=Calibri]2012 Formula 1000 Championship Series Tow Fund[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]The Formula 1000 Championship Series (F1K Series) has officially announced a Tow Fund for 2012 events. The Tow Fund is available to all Teams participating and competing in 2012 F1K Series events.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]“With today’s rising fuel costs, we have put in place a program to assist teams and drivers with travel costs for the 2012 season,” commented F1K Series Manager, Jon Lewis. “We realize that travel in North America can be extensive due to its size and can be a major expense in a team’s budget. Therefore, this program has been put into place to make the F1K Series more accessible to teams all across our continent."[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]To be eligible, Teams must pre-register for events by the entry deadline, and start both races at an event. Distances are determined by the distance from a team’s physical address to the event by way of the shortest distance route on MapQuest.com. Determined distances are one-way, not round trip. Tow Fund is per car entered. Multiple car teams are eligible for multiple car Tow Fund payments.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]The following are the mileage brackets and their corresponding Tow Fund payments:[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]1 – 500 miles $200[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]501 – 1,000 miles $400[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]1,001 – 1,500 miles $600[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]1,501 – 2,000 miles $800[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]2,001 + miles $1,000[/FONT]
    Where in the 2012 tow fund announcement that was previously posted and downloaded as a PDF file from your website is there anything about the tow fund only being available to full season drivers or there being any cutoff date other than entering by the event deadline and starting both races at the event.The fact that you have recently changed the wording is defently a switch from the above that was downloaded from your site before the change.

Contributing Member Nicholas Belling's Avatar
    Liked: 1

Lots of time for new teams and drivers to register and get in for this event.

If you own a F1k car or are getting one soon. Dont miss this event for sure.
    Nicholas Belling
    email@nicholasbelling.com
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

F1000champ

John,

We have changed the eligibility of the tow fund since our original announcement and instituted a cut off date. But, it has not effected anyone who has already registered for the Series. It only effects those who register after February 1st. We reserve the right to change our tow fund eligibility at any time as long as it does not effect those who have already registered. It is clearly marked on both our current Annual Registration form and Tow Fund PDF on our website, so that those registering for the Series after Feb 1st are fully aware of it.

Changing the tow fund for those who have already paid (registered) would be a bait and switch, which we have not done.

The intent was a tow fund for full season teams to assist them with travel expenses. You don't need to be a full season driver to receive the tow fund, but that was its intent. The fact is, those who registered for the Championship early got to take advantage of the Tow Fund. Those who didn't register early aren't eligible.

If a tow fund is going to make the decision as to whether you run in a series, I don't know of any other junior open-wheel racing series that has a tow fund.

Besides John, I don't see you having a registration for the Series anyway, nor have I ever heard anything from you regarding running in the Series.
    Last edited by F1000champ; 03.30.12 at 11:39 PM.

Jon,
    I am building a car and will not have it completed until the end of May or middle of June.I was planning on doing the last three events.I thought that your series announcements were the real thing and took your word to be the truth on your series so saw no need to enter until I have a finished car. In fact the below announcement specifically stated that the towing was available to teams only entering a single event.

As far as I'm concerned it was a bait and switch for those of us not able to do the whole series that believed the announcements to be true.It appears that you posted the bait and as soon as you got the min. 15 entries you wanted you switched.It is your series and you can do what you want. I'm just glad that I did not get involved if you are not telling the truth in your announcements and posts.

Formula 1000 Championship Series
    sets lowers single event registration fee

Cape Coral, FL (September 16, 2011) – In recognition that there are some Formula 1000 drivers that may not be able to commit to every race on the 2012 schedule, the Series has established a reduced single event registration fee of $400. Each Single Event registration Form may be used up to a maximum of two (2) events. This option has been initiated to reduce the cost of annual registration for those drivers able to only participate in a few select events.

“We realize that in today’s economy, work and school restraints and let’s not forget family time, that there may be some drivers who would very much like to participate in our Series, yet may not have the ability to participate in every event,” commented F1000’s Jon Lewis. “Therefore, we have set a reduced single event registration fee to assist those drivers looking to compete at just a few select events in their local area. We want as many drivers to participate as possible in each event and we hope that this measure will help to gain a few more entries at each event.”

Drivers who register for a single event are still eligible for the Series tow fund program, but the car number will not be reserved for the season. A Series Tow Fund Program has been put in place to assist teams with travel expenses, making participation in the entire Series more attractive.

___

Jon Lewis
    Formula 1000 Championship Series
    F1000champ@gmail.com
    www.F1000.CO

Liked: 84

[FONT=Verdana]John, don't cut your nose to spite your face. This is going to be a awesome series with great drivers and cars. You should be racing there. It's a new series so I'm sure there will be lots of changes and tweeks but that's the way it goes in any new venture. Ok, maybe Jon should have put out an announcement that he was going to set a date on the tow fund (and maybe he did, I don't know) but all and all he seems to be a pretty straight up and accommodating to the drivers needs. Give him a break, he's busting his hump and has made alot happen in a short time period. Maybe if he has some budget and is feeling generous he will extend the date a week or two to for the guys that got caught out there...... [/FONT]

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default This

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
    [FONT=Verdana]John, don't cut your nose to spite your face. This is going to be a awesome series with great drivers and cars. You should be racing there. It's a new series so I'm sure there will be lots of changes and tweeks but that's the way it goes in any new venture. Ok, maybe Jon should have put out an announcement that he was going to set a date on the tow fund (and maybe he did, I don't know) but all and all he seems to be a pretty straight up and accommodating to the drivers needs. Give him a break, he's busting his hump and has made alot happen in a short time period. Maybe if he has some budget and is feeling generous he will extend the date a week or two to for the guys that got caught out there...... [/FONT]
    (JP - Wow, It's like the newer, kinder V2.0 JP. You are full of suprises my man!)

Liked: 84

Quote Originally Posted by glenn cooper View Post
    (JP - Wow, It's like the newer, kinder V2.0 JP. You are full of suprises my man!)
    I know it's sickening. My first reaction is to tell everyone to go to hell and throw my computer across the room....Excuse me while I go reattach my nuts....

F1000champ

John,

I see you're point, but bait & switch it is not. I'm glad to hear that you are building a car. However, if you're looking to run in a particular series, wouldn't one contact that Series to ask questions? I know I would. I make decisions based on what I know is out there. I can't make them on speculation. I don't have a crystal ball.

But, here's what I'll do...consider this an announcement that we will be extending the registration deadline for those who want to take part in the Tow Fund till April 15th, 2012. Those who register after April 15th will not be eligible. This should give everyone who is looking to run in the Series the opportunity to take advantage of the Tow Fund. We will place this announcement on our website as well as change it on our registration forms.

You will also note that the single event registration fee has also been changed (increased) since September of last year. In our initial season, there are going to be tweaks to the program.

Now, it's up to you and everyone else as to whether you want to register in time or not. Let's see how serious you are.

Liked: 14

Jon

That is very accommodating, I will try to push my car build and see if it can make a couple of F1000 Championship events this year. I am happy to see how you manage this series and look forward to meeting you someday. Keep it up
    Juan Marchand

Thread Information