It's all good Allen!
    Jacques N. Dresang
    Kettle Moraine Preservation & Restoration
    1977 All American Racers Eagle DGF #005
    1972 Elden Mk10B AM73-49 - #140/1

Contributing Member racingflyboy's Avatar
    Liked: 71

Quote Originally Posted by Gokart Mozart View Post
    In rainy and overall dismal conditions, here were the results from yesterday's 12-lap's of rain and nastiness:

1. #70 James Stiehr
    2. #48 John Vlasis - 1:21.021
    3. #10 Steve Barkley - 2:49.261
    4. #15 Ethan Mackey - 2:52.791
    5. #27 Raymond Lecuyer - 1 Lap
    6. #90 Walter Stark - 3 Laps
    7. #30 Jeff Fritz - DNF
    DNS #9 Allen Wheatcroft
    DNS #33 Jeff Bartz
    DNS #38 Dan Johnson

They started the FF and FST cars together in the first group and the FV and F5 cars together in group two. It was a fun race for me in the F5, as I hadn't been in the rain since 2006, and only then in a Miata. I caught up to Ethan and Steve, who were having their own race for third in FF, while I was a few miles ahead of the other F5 competitor. After trying a few times to get by both, I let Ethan back by, as I couldn't keep him behind on the straights. Hope I didn't screw up your race at all!

Cheers,

jacques 'FF5' dresang
    Jacques, no worries, you didn't screw up our race at all. Especially not for me! Glad we didn't hold you up so as to cost you. Ethan and I had a great battle. I was skating around in the corners like I was on wet ice, but thanks to Curtis Farley, I could pull Ethan pretty well on the straights, and he'd be all over me in the braking and turns. I just realized tonight, I think my rain tires may be older than Jeff Bartz. May be time to mount the newer ones. I was faster on the slicks in the wet Qual than in the race by like 7 secs a lap! Then again, it may just be the driver. But it was fun, and I was very thankful to finally see that "one" finger at Start, as I was about to just give Ethan a wave by as I had Stiehr and Vlasis early on. He was all over me, and I could see a F5 and a FST just behind Ethan. I had no idea who they were, until after the Checker. On the cool down lap, Ethan pulled along side between T2& 3, and gave me a big thumbs up, and dropped back, then out of T3, this F5 guy passes me, and suddenly another big thumbs up, and I realized it was Jacques. Thanks, very cool. Class. Thumbs Up to you also.

In spite of the rain, it seems most everyone I talked to had a great time.

Steve
    Steve Barkley
    1969 Palliser-Winkelmann WDF1 FF1600

Quote Originally Posted by Allen_W View Post
    Me Allen?

....... Steve Barkley had his fastest lap at RA in qualifying but looped it on lap 1 (I think) in Canada Corner during the race......
    . . . ?
    Yup, Lap 1. Bruce Lindstrand had made the comment that you can't win it in Turn 1. Apparently, I thought he said Turn 12 was where you do, so I went for it.

Actually, it was a simple problem where the transmission only does what you force it to do, not just what you intend for it to do. Missed the downshift, lost the rear coming past the apex, held it sideways for a while as I progressed toward the grass and wall on the inside. Decided to apply brakes to stay off the wall at that point, grabbed reverse, and watched the rest of the field pass by behind me before I could rejoin. Made for a fun race passing lots of traffic, although I would have preffered to stay near the leaders, if I could have. Maybe next time.

Steve
    Steve Barkley

Liked: 124

Steve,

I think rather thana thumbs up, you should have received a hug for your multiple saves in the transition into 13. There was one lap when I thought for sure you were going to dive nose-first into the inside wall. Nice job keeping your car intact!

Cheers,

Jacques
    Jacques N. Dresang

Quote Originally Posted by Gokart Mozart View Post
    Steve,

I think rather thana thumbs up, you should have received a hug for your multiple saves in the transition into 13. There was one lap when I thought for sure you were going to dive nose-first into the inside wall. Nice job keeping your car intact!

Cheers,

Jacques
    Ahh, gee thanks Jacques, I didn't know anyone was looking. Come to thnk of it, Ethan did mention something about it too. He may have video of it. Yeah, that was a bit more excitement than I really needed at that point. Believe it or not, I was already awake. The clean shorts do feel nice.

Steve
    Steve Barkley

Liked: 20

Default Fun Race

It certainly was a slippery race. I think everyone out there would do pretty well driving in a good mid-western snowstorm.

When I could catch up with Steve, it was just too risky to attempt a pass. The last thing I wanted to do was to crash us both out with one week to go before our home race at BIR. But it sure was fun putting the pressure on him and watching his impressive car control skills.

I had my hands full with Dave Blevins (FST) and Jacques for at least half of the race. My eyeballs are still sore today from looking in the mirrors. It was good close racing, I think we went two-wide through the carousel and the kink a couple of times. I'm sure I held you guys up on more than a few occasions, but thought that if I let a couple cars between Steve and I, I would never catch up with him after that. I hope you guys had as much fun as I did.

I'll post some video soon.

Anyone planning to come up to BIR this weekend? It should be great weather and it's a Double Regional and a Double Trans-Am event. If you haven't been to BIR yet, it's a really fun track and the SCCA LOL staff put on a really good driver-friendly event.

Ethan Mackey
    #15 EuroSwift SC94

Quote Originally Posted by emackey View Post
    I.

Anyone planning to come up to BIR this weekend? It should be great weather and it's a Double Regional and a Double Trans-Am event. If you haven't been to BIR yet, it's a really fun track and the SCCA LOL staff put on a really good driver-friendly event.

Ethan Mackey
    #15 EuroSwift SC94
    I second that. It would be great if everyone from last weekend came up for a second round of fun! And anyone who didn't make it last weekend, come on up, you'll be glad you did. Club Racing, Vintage Racing, TransAM ProRacing, plus, over on the Dragstrip, for those with short attention spans , it's the Muscle Car Shootout.

Uff Da, Up Nort' in Minnesota, Yeah, you betcha..

Steve Barkley

Liked: 124

Here is my on-board footage from Saturday, starting last after failing to post a qualifying lap due to some issues, and I played it rather conservative the first few laps...the video features Ethan and Dan Johnson, so I guess in the FF forum it belongs!

http://vimeo.com/48369680

Cheers,

Jacques
    Jacques N. Dresang

Liked: 9

I just realized tonight, I think my rain tires may be older than Jeff Bartz.

I dont know about that I am 16 now. Im getting way too old for this...

Default Bruce Lindstrand - Candidate for Area 5 Director

Hey guys,

In case you guys haven't seen it yet, Position Papers for SCCA Area 5 Director have been posted to the CenDiv Website and Bruce Lindstrand is a candidate. Here's the link, check it out.... Vote for Bruce!

http://www.cendiv-scca.org/07area_5.html

On a side note, looks like we have 7 FF's and 2 CFF's signed up for the Fall Sprints at BFR and I know of a couple more guys that are planning to go and just haven't registered yet. Should be a fun weekend and I look forward to seeing you guys there.

Ethan

Default Bruce Lindstrand - Candidate for Area 5 Director

Quote Originally Posted by emackey View Post
    Hey guys,

In case you guys haven't seen it yet, Position Papers for SCCA Area 5 Director have been posted to the CenDiv Website and Bruce Lindstrand is a candidate. Here's the link, check it out.... Vote for Bruce!

http://www.cendiv-scca.org/07area_5.html

On a side note, looks like we have 7 FF's and 2 CFF's signed up for the Fall Sprints at BFR and I know of a couple more guys that are planning to go and just haven't registered yet. Should be a fun weekend and I look forward to seeing you guys there.

Ethan
    I second Ethan's Vote for Bruce!
    Steve Barkley

Liked: 0

Fall Sprints report?

Liked: 9

Ed Midgley was dominant in his Piper Honda. No one was even close all weekend. Ethan Mackey was doing well. The only other FF that was out there with any regularity was Alan Murray. I went out for qualifying on Saturday and did a 360 in the carousel on 2 different occasions. My rain tires are junk. I contemplated parking it but was shamed by my rescue buddies in to doing the sprint race. After dealing with a devilish car and a spin in 6 I parked for the weekend.
    Currently Without Car

Liked: 8

Default The Long Race

As mentioned, we will be at this years running of the Midwest Council 50 lap, Looong Race, held October 20th and 21st, at Blackhawk Farm Raceway.

Which, as of this post is NEXT WEEKEND. The forecasted weather looks to be Sunny for Saturday.

We want to close out the year on a high note with a personal show of gratitude for all Gib Gibson has done for the formula classes. We are planning an all day...all Gibson event.

Bring your car, bring your own lamp shade, Hot Pants are optional, have some fun, share some stories. The Formula classes run in a “wings and things” kind of grouping/format with the practice and race on Saturday, see the Midwest Council link below.

Kautz Racing is working with John and Jackie Taylor on this event. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

---

Glad to see you back on track, Brad!! Now that your car is together, are you going to bring it over for the Long Race next weekend? We hope so.

After not doing anything all summer, see ya at the long race!
    ---------
    Mike Green
    Piper DF2 FF

Default We have terrific news from Hoosier!!

We have terrific news!!

Any Formula F Driver participating in the Mid West Council's Long Race this Saturday, will be entered into a drawing for a full set (4) of Hoosier Race Tires for your Formula F.

Gibb Gibson has been a huge supporter of Hoosier Race Tire's for many years. He has worked with Hoosier in their testing programs and with Hoosier factory staff to develop and assist in the creation of the excellent racing tires that we all enjoy running on.

Hoosier heard Gibby was attending and gave us a call with this gracious offer honoring Gib Gibson's work within the Formula Car Community . You don’t have to win, place or show, just enter your Formula F with Mid West Council and you will be entered to win.

When was the last time you raced and someone offered you a substantial prize? Well....Hoosier just has!

Keep Gibby close...and good things happen!

Thanks
    Kautz Racing
    www.kautzracing.com

Default 2013 CenDiv Schedule

The 2013 CenDiv calendar has been posted and the National Plus program has been announced.

http://www.cendiv-scca.org/

Cheers,

Ethan

sweet. schedule time!

I made a 2013 thread here:
    http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55687

-Mike
    ---------
    Mike Green
    Piper DF2 FF

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456