Liked: 5

Default MyChron 3 XG gear indicator

I the I just purchased has a MyChron 3 XG Log and the gear indicator is not hooked up. Anybody know what I have to do / what i'll need to hook it up?

Thanks
    Grant

Liked: 49

I *think* you can program the gear indicator as a ratio between wheel speed and RPM..

fake edit: Yeah, this should help you - http://www.aimsports.com/pdf/Gear-Position.pdf

It's written for karts, but might work the same way of give you an idea of where to start.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 60

Liked: 11

Default Perfect Thanks ApexSpeed

Thanks Tiago & Mike!

Just what I needed.
    Working hard to enhance my Carbon Fiber footprint....
    2011 Stohr F1000
    www.Area81Racing.com

So it looks like I either need to porgram the gear indicator while driving or buy a GIPro gear indicator system. I think i will go with the GiPro as it seems its a lillte more reliable.

Liked: 553

My experience from a few years ago: The Aim works well but you need to reset it after a sprocket change, and the display is small. The GiPro is larger and easier to see (depending on your placements) and it has some performance settings you can play with.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Quote Originally Posted by RussMcB View Post
    My experience from a few years ago: The Aim works well but you need to reset it after a sprocket change, and the display is small. The GiPro is larger and easier to see (depending on your placements) and it has some performance settings you can play with.
    Do you think I need to get one made for my GSX-R100 or any one will do? I ask this because the onlt one they list for an 07 GSX-R100 has the timing retard function. I' not sure if I want or need that. The car has a mtor and power commander built and tuned by Rilltech so i'm not sure if that timing function will mess with their work.

Liked: 0

Openwheeler, My XG log gear indicator worked in the calculate mode with my 2L FC car. Think you only need wheel speed sensor and RPM. You also have to tell the AIM system how many gears are available. I don't remember the specifics, but AIM always seemed to have great tech support... I'm sure they can talk you through it. And if you use the "calculate" option, you don't need to know all the details or do anything while you're driving, it learns the ratios and displays the gear.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
    Openwheeler, My XG log gear indicator worked in the calculate mode with my 2L FC car. Think you only need wheel speed sensor and RPM. You also have to tell the AIM system how many gears are available. I don't remember the specifics, but AIM always seemed to have great tech support... I'm sure they can talk you through it. And if you use the "calculate" option, you don't need to know all the details or do anything while you're driving, it learns the ratios and displays the gear.

Tom

The car has wheel speed sensors so i assume I should be able to program it. I read up on how to have the AIM calculate it but i have just seen a lot of reports of people saying its very slow and unreliable.

Default Very happy w/ Healtech Gipro-ATRE Series Gear Indicator!

Just installed Healtech Gipro ATRE Series Gear Indicator today.

The LED read-out is quite large & installation could'nt be easier...Just connect the triangular connectors & provide 12V (switched) to the red power lead.

Only thing I'd change is: Neutral is indicated as " 0 " vs. " N "
    Last edited by Revs2-12k; 11.16.12 at 10:19 PM.
    2011 Stohr F1000
    www.Area81Racing.com

Contributing Member Richard Dziak's Avatar
    Liked: 3

The AIM dashs also show neutral as "0", rather than an "N'.

The new readout looks very nice and super easy to read.

Happy racing. Enjoy the new ride.
    Richard Dziak
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Former Phoenix F1K-07 F1000 #77 owner/driver
    email: sonewmexico@gmail.com

Liked: 57

Default GiPro

I just installed a GiPro last night and... no luck. I extended the 4 wires, plugged in the triangular connector, and gave it 12v to the red wire. But it doesn't light up.

Any suggestions?
    George Bugg
    -----------------------------
    NovaKar
    F600

Default Hmmmm...probably something simple.

I ran the Red jumper to the master switch. When I turn the "Master" switch ON the GiPro display lights up for a few seconds then goes out. It comes on to full brightness ( Neutral or whatever gear) when the " Ignition" switch is operated and engine is started.

The instructions said you can take the Red 12V lead direct to the positive post of the battery, but it would draw about 4 mili amps over time.
    2011 Stohr F1000
    www.Area81Racing.com

Just thought i'd update everyone on what I ended up doing. I got a hold of Veracity Racing Data - Who, might I add, have some of the greatest customer service I have ever had - and they set me up with a patch cable and a harness that hooks right up to the factory pink wire off the transmission and gives direct feedback to the MyChron system. Used it this weekend and it was flawless.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 9

Veracity ,,,, those guys and gals are the bomb!!!!!! I cannot recommend them enough,,, just AWSOME

Liked: 20

Quote Originally Posted by openwheeler37 View Post
    Just thought i'd update everyone on what I ended up doing. I got a hold of Veracity Racing Data - Who, might I add, have some of the greatest customer service I have ever had - and they set me up with a patch cable and a harness that hooks right up to the factory pink wire off the transmission and gives direct feedback to the MyChron system. Used it this weekend and it was flawless.
    We did this on our F600. Works like a charm without any additional hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Wheless View Post
    Veracity ,,,, those guys and gals are the bomb!!!!!! I cannot recommend them enough,,, just AWSOME

Thread Information