Classifieds Super License Messenger Racing's Avatar
    Liked: 160

Default Enterprise Sports Racer list

I am trying to gather a contact list of all owners of Enterprise Sports Racer owners. If you have one or know were one is sitting as a track day car, post here with a picture of the car, car number and region located.

Or if you are the shy type you can contact me with a pm/email at

muleshoeracer at yahoo dot com

Jay Messenger

806-946-7252
    Last edited by Messenger Racing; 03.02.12 at 10:24 PM.

Liked: 13

Default Enterprise SR list

Hello Jay, I don't believe there are very many of them out there. Are they your latest interest?

Default ESR list

Not a lot actively run because of the lack of competitiveness in CSR but that is not due to a lack of interest in the car itself. There are several cars and/or kits sitting around. We have 7-8 in the middle of the US. Hoping to get them all together at some events.

Yes, it is my interest but not new.

You should try one - would be great for your program.

JM

Default Enterprise Sports Racer List

Bump back to the top.

Looking for names, contact info, on anybody with an Enterprise Sports Racer or anyone with a FE who is interested in participating in national races featuring the Enterprise Sports Racer.

email, pm or call

Jay Messenger

806-946-7252
    Last edited by Messenger Racing; 09.12.15 at 8:31 PM.
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Liked: 0

Im sure Enterprises could help you out with a list of who they've sold sportsracer body-work to...

Could also go back and search through the IMSA days 2007-09 or so and see who was in L3.
    Matthew Inge
    http://www.MatthewIngeRacing.com
    Never Forget VT 4-16-2007

Default List

Thanks Matthew,

I am going to coordinate with Enterprises. I have been giving Eric a few days to recover and catch up from the convention.

Good idea about the old Lite 3 results. I will have to look around and see if I can find some archived info.

Jay
    Last edited by Messenger Racing; 03.12.12 at 11:28 AM.
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Liked: 53

Jay, we have the sports racer bodywork. We ran the car in IMSA Lites in 2007. We've run the car as an FE ever since. However, we run it as a sports racer once a year in Decemeber at Carolina Motorsports Park because they don't allow open-wheeled cars for that event. FEs and SMs don't get along...

Have you compiled a list of guys that have the bodywork? If so, can you share that? I may know of some guys that have it that are not on your list.
    Paul Schneider SEDiv FE 73
    www.facebook.com/paulschneiderracing

Default ESR List

Paul,

I am just getting started good. If you don't mind, please PM me your email and phone and we can compare notes.

Jay
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Default KC Racing is in!

Chris Funk and Kelly Toombs at KC Racing are stepping up and willing to serve as the official hospitality center for these events. Many of you know these guys. They are well respected great competitors at of Kansas City.

Here are some photos Chris sent me of their cars as they competed in the ex-IMSA L3 category.

I am not sure why he sent the first one - I found it difficult to see the car
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

ApexSpeed Photographer Dennis Valet's Avatar
    Liked: 60

looks pretty good in that sports racer bodywork

Quote Originally Posted by Messenger Racing View Post
    Bump back to the top.

Looking for names, contact info, on anybody with an Enterprise Sports Racer or anyone with a FE who is interested in participating in national races featuring the Enterprise Sports Racer.

email, pm or call

Jay Messenger

806-946-7252
    I would be interested.
    -Phil Di Pippo
    L72425@aol.com

Default More interest

Thanks Phil. Do you have a FE or ESR car now?

Jay
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Default Another ESR

Talked to Rand Donohoo out of the Denver area this week and he is very excited about having a place to run his ESR. He asked me to post this picture of his car from last season. It was taken by Rupert Berrington. You will notice he was running as an ASR while he tested a different wing and some other bits for the car.

Anybody with a FE in the middle US that wants to join us? I know where there are some used body kits cheap, contact me.

Jay
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Default We are getting there

Just a quick update. We are close to finalizing some races - most likely the first one will be at High Plains at the end of June. Still looking for FE folks who might be interested in joining us. I have found 3 sets of used bodywork that can be bought at a good price if you are currently in formula car mode and would like to give it a try. The conversion is very straightforward.

Another note - I have some leads on a couple of rental cars being available - PM me for details.

First come, first served.

Jay
    806-946-7252
    Last edited by Messenger Racing; 04.16.12 at 11:01 PM. Reason: rentals available
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Jay is doing a great job...yes, it is nice when a customer does your work...and with all the SR2 and FE/FM talk etc, I wonder if the ESR will see a hayday soon. Stranger things have happened. I know a number of SRF folks where interested, but not to run in CSR as it is today. They are "pack racers", so it takes numbers to get their interest. A few can get over the open wheel thing, which I personally prefer anyway. (Body work makes me too brave).
    Sincerely,
    Erik Skirmants
    SCCA Enterprises

Default Another excited Enterprise owner

Just received this photo at the Topeka Runoffs. It is from Phil Brosius in Texas. He is sitting out for a while to recover from the "C" word but is really excited about running with the new series and plans to join in by late summer.
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Default just joined

I just got an ESR/CSR. I will race mostly w/ SCCA Washington DC region. Went to qualifying last week but didn't feel brave enough to drive the new car in the rain on Sunday. Two other CSR's were washouts as well.
    Hagerman Engineering has an ESR in the shop in Maryland.
    http://photobucket.com/davidscsr

Default Beautiful car!

Check out ESR2012's picture - here I copied it from his link.

That is a sharp looking ride. You will notice that in its previous life it has been lightly modified for endurance racing with fender vents and lights (and I understand a larger alternator).

JM
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Liked: 2

We at Surface Exploration are on board with what Jay is doing. I have run our car in the IMSA Lites L-3 Series, but has been run in recently as an FE. Converting it back for this. We also take care of Rand Donohoo's car mentioned previously in the thread.

Here is what the car looked like back in 2007-2009. But it will look very similar to Rand's.
    Last edited by Kelf1975; 05.02.12 at 5:45 PM.
    Chris Doyle
    Surface Exploration Ltd - Rocky Mountain Division - CSR for Formula Enterprises/Enterprises SportsRacer - Shop 303.940.1500 - Fax 303.940.1509
    Elfwerx Engineering - Engineering & Design

Liked: 146

So is the IMSA L3 class defunct? Not the smartest move if it is, as the L1/L2 entries this year don't look all that abundant. Nothing like being a part of an pro IMSA weekend.
    Dale V.
    Lake Effect Motorsports
    FM
    Spartan VP-2/Mazda

Default IMSA Lites 3/Enterprise Sports Racer

Yes it L3 is shut down. I don't know the history be it hasn't been run since 2009 I believe.

JM
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

I got to drive the ESR for the first time Saturday. Although my work schedule made the track time short. It was a show up, drive the car around the paddock to learn how to shift the sequential box, run one qualifying session and run the race shake down, it was still a blast.

I was amazed at how easy the car was to drive. I don't know what I expected but I assumed it would be much more physical. Other than a stiff neck from being out of the car for a while I found the car a breeze to run quickly in mid 90's heat and high humidity. It was very predictable and stable. The Hoosier spec tires were very consistent. I left a lot on the track but was pleased that my last lap of qualifying and last lap of the race were the fastest of both sessions.

Here are some shots of the Messenger Racing/Thinkfastbook.com car. I still have some more work to do on the graphics but it is an improvement over the white car with black numbers I started with.

Bottom line, I like it! Looking for one more shake down run prior to our first Sportsracer Challenge series event.

Oops! I guess I let the cat out of the bag, yes that will be the name for our new series.

Here is the logo:

Stay tuned, more announcements to come.

Jay
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Thread Information