Liked: 11

Default Berget Racing tires

You'll get 1/2 the story now...

Purchased a paid of used fronts from john. Had a conversation with him that I needed 2011 or later tires as these would be used a a test set rather than using my new set as I have not run radials before. Said I did not need the rears he has as they were pre-2011 but he said he had newer fronts.

Tires arrived yesterday and looked and felt old.

A friend helped decode the date codes- these were made in 2008. I called John and he did not want to take them back, just said that when another set shows up he'll sends me 2 for the price of shipping.
    I'm sure he will (why your getting 1/2 of the story) but I need them now, later I'll have used tires- my own!

One one hand, $50 a tire is great. On the other $100 for nothing is not. I don't mind spending $$, but HATE wasting it.

Buyer beware. I can't see myself going back down this road.
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Liked: 210

I purchased about 7 sets of 'standard' FC tires from Berget and never ever had a problem. Two sets were single run sets from the previous year run offs that I bought to start a new season in February. At $270 delivered to my door you just cannot beat them compared to $960 mounted news at the track.

Hard to beat that for "new/used". Wear was never an issue on any of the tires. They were all relatively low laps.

Never attempted to return any so I cannot judge his approach to that issue. Although, considering the cost of shipment he would probably lose money doing a two way double shipment. Once out his door they really become throw aways.
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 20

FWIW, I bought a used FF set several years ago, one of which had a puncture. He sent a replacement right away, no questions asked.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 6

Default bad tires

Done business with John for a while as have others I know. He always makes stuff right....All I can say is that i have acted nice to nim and he has rewarded me many times over with great tires...

Contributing Member a. pettipas's Avatar
    Liked: 84

Sean,

I would go directly to F2K teams for used radials from last season...probably going to pay >$50/tire for anything worth using but look what going super cheap has got you so far...PM if you want some help sourcing rubber
    aaron

Liked: 6

I also have bought mulitple sets of tires over a number of years from John and always got what I had requested. Never had any problems.

Liked: 11

I think you'll get tires with a good amount of rubber and if your not buying a "rare" tire he should have a decent inventory. I have received good bias tires from John in the past.

I'm just not happy about this particular situation as I believe he should have told me that he had 4 year old tires, esp when we had the conversation about the tires changing and why I was buying them. IMHO, the $100 should be refunded without the need for returning the tires. They are worthless junk.
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Yep

Quote Originally Posted by carnut169 View Post
    I think you'll get tires with a good amount of rubber and if your not buying a "rare" tire he should have a decent inventory. I have received good bias tires from John in the past.

I'm just not happy about this particular situation as I believe he should have told me that he had 4 year old tires, esp when we had the conversation about the tires changing and why I was buying them. IMHO, the $100 should be refunded without the need for returning the tires. They are worthless junk.

"This"

Liked: 211

in my opinion you really never actually know what your getting from him.

http://apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46760

come to any f2k event and used tires are readily avil if you talk to the teams. it's the same fun friendly atmosphere in paddack and everyone willing to help.

they just turn up the heat when it comes to track time
    Cheers
    Len

Porsche River Oaks. Houston

Thread Information