F1000champ

Default Peter Argetsinger becomes Director of Driver Development

Peter Argetsinger becomes Director of Driver Development

Cape Coral, FL (February 15, 2012) – The Formula 1000 Championship Series presented by Goodyear announced today that Peter Argetsinger has joined the Championship and will serve as the Director of Driver Development.

“I’ve know Peter for 22 years and I’m proud to have him on board our Championship,” stated F1000’s Jon Lewis. “Peter will be a valuable asset to the Championship and our teams. Peter was the one who coached me in GTP for my first run at the Miami Grand Prix in 1989 and he has been a lead driver coach for Skip Barber for several years, as well as being the driver development coach in Formula BMW. Peter’s experience, both as a coach and a driver, are extensive and our Championship and our teams will benefit immensely from his participation.”

“I am looking forward to working with Jon and his team and to help by contributing as a resource to both the drivers and their teams for this exciting Formula 1000 Championship Series presented by Goodyear,” said Peter. “I have had the opportunity over the years to help many young drivers at the beginning of their careers and I look forward to carrying on that tradition. While racing and coaching in the UK I worked with a young Damon Hill later as coach for the Skip Barber Pro Series. I worked with Juan Pablo Montoya, Ryan Hunter -Reay, and Alex Gurney amongst many others and more recently as Head Coach/Mentor for the Formula BMW series, I worked with many rising stars including Alexander Rossi, Gabby Chaves, Billy Johnson, and Graham Rahal to name but a few.”

Teaching Background
    Head Coach / Mentor Formula BMW America 2004 to present
    Head Coach / Pro for The Club at Lime Rock Park founded 2008
    Senior Lead Instructor Skip Barber Racing School 1989 - present
    Chief Instructor Brands Hatch Racing School, England 1977-1988
    Vice-President / Chief Instructor Brands Hatch America 1988-1989
    Lead Instructor Audi Quattro High Performance Driving School, UK 1980 - 1988
    Lead Instructor Ian Taylor Racing School at Thruxton, England 1978 -1988
    Chief Instructor Ferrari Club Southern Region 1989 to present
    Chief Instructor Sports Car Driving Experience School 2005 to present
    Private Coach to the Industry -- notable clients include world champion Damon Hill,
    Juan Pablo Montoya, Ryan Hunter- Reay, Dreyer & Reinbold Racing, members of the
    House of Lords, U.S. State Dept. Anti-Terrorist Division
    Special project Porsche Club Dallas Texas region teaching two day clinic for
    Porsche Club instructors

Racing Background
    Winner Petit Le-Mans Road Atlanta ALMS GT Porsche
    Winner Grand Am Cup Watkins Glen
    Pole position/track record Grand Am Cup Homestead
    Multiple winner HSR / GTP Sebring
    Winner British Formula Ford Championship
    Lap Record Holder Hockenheimring Germany
    Factory driver for team winning European FF Championship
    Winner British Racing and Sports Car Club Driver of the Year Award
    Winner Rookie of the Year Award Germany
    Veteran of British Formula Three Championship and Grand Prix of Monaco support race
    Factory driver British Formula Ford aprox. 180 races over 7 years
    Veteran 1000ks Nuerburgring, 24 Hours Nuerburgring, 24 Hours Daytona, 12 Hours
    Sebring, 24 Hours Spa, 24 Hours Watkins Glen, 6 Hours Watkins Glen
    Pro drive in 1985 IMSA/Camel GTP series for AMOCO Chemicals Lola T
    Last edited by F1000champ; 02.16.12 at 5:35 AM.

Thread Information