Liked: 0

Default Trade FV Beam for FST beam

I have a spare drum to drum FV beam that I'm interested in trading for a complete (or nearly complete) FST beam.

Not sure when I'll do a conversion (2012 probably out, 2013 - possible) but no need to keep the FV beam laying around gathering dust.

If interested call me at (262) 993-2566 or drop me an e-mail or PM (e-mail on profile).

Located in SE Wisconsin

Thanks
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI
    CenDiv - Milwaukee region

Liked: 151

Default Front end

Bob,

I think you ought to sell this at the Vee sites. FST beams are in demand. I know of four people trying to buy them right now. Fortunately the ball joint beams etc are not rare.

Quote Originally Posted by rgu View Post
    Bob,

I think you ought to sell this at the Vee sites. FST beams are in demand. I know of four people trying to buy them right now. Fortunately the ball joint beams etc are not rare.
    Yeah I know - will probably post it there - but I have to figure out what it's worth! lol
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI

Liked: 20

Quote Originally Posted by rgu View Post
    Bob,

Why are they looking for them if you can buy them right off the shelf? I thought that was the point of FST you can buy every part new and nothing was in damand like FV?
    Mark Filip

Liked: 151

Default Misunderstood

What I was really trying to say is that the demand is in the direction of the FST piece. I know of no one who has a first that wants to trade their front end for a vee unit.

New converters are looking for them because they want them for their conversions. They can just go out and buy parts but they would like a complete unit rather than buying the individual parts.

Of course every one harbors the desire to find a FST front end that someone has already built at a greatly discounted price. I only know one these that might be for sale but not at a greatly discounted price

FYI I've found complete "refurbished" beam assemblies from Mexico from ends for under $300. Caveat emptor.

Liked: 67

Mark,

I don't think it came out like Robert meant. I think he meant to say FV beams were in demand. (Edit-Oops, I was wrong. Never mind.)

Or...The other thought was that although ball joint beams may be on the shelf, FST is still a low buck class with guys looking for the cost break of buying used if they can.

Jim

Actually, what I think he was saying is that someone with and FST has no need for or interest in an FV beam - lol
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI

Contributing Member
    Liked: 86

Quote Originally Posted by lawyerbob View Post
    Actually, what I think he was saying is that someone with and FST has no need for or interest in an FV beam - lol
    Probably true, but there should be plenty of demand for a spare prepped FV beam. Does it have offset link pin bushings? How much are you asking?
    Matt King
    FV19 Citation XTC-41
    CenDiv-Milwaukee
    KEEP THE KINK!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt King View Post
    Probably true, but there should be plenty of demand for a spare prepped FV beam. Does it have offset link pin bushings? How much are you asking?
    Matt: - I don't know on either count - will have to look at the beam (as if I'd actually be able to tell lol). My understanding is that a drum to drum FV beam should bring $500-600 - if you want to come take a look and express an opinion you'd be welcome to.

Bob
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI

Liked: 25

Quote Originally Posted by lawyerbob View Post
    Bob speaks the truth!

Contributing Member
    Liked: 5

Quote Originally Posted by fvracer27 View Post
    Why are they looking for them if you can buy them right off the shelf? I thought that was the point of FST you can buy every part new and nothing was in damand like FV?
    I'll give you an example: I seriously thought about buying the Caracal D copy conversion project and the Vector project. I wouldn't fit in the D, so I would swap the FST parts to the Vector, put the Vee parts on the D, add the Vee engine in my garage and sell it and just about have the Vector FST for the cost of tires and belts. The parts in the D project are brand new or like new (Rick bought the trans axle from me! I don't remember if it was new or had 3 weekends on it.) You can buy them ready to bolt on cheaper than you can build them up.

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4346

Bob should not sell or trade it anyway. Its a spare assembly already paid for. If he bends one this season, the FST beam is no use, and it will likely cost him double what he'd sell it for now .... plus the lost time, etc.

Several people have converted FSTs to FVs. Ironicly, Bob got much of my FST stuff in trade. I'm sure the next unconversionists can find Bob when they come along
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by problemchild View Post
    Bob should not sell or trade it anyway. Its a spare assembly already paid for. If he bends one this season, the FST beam is no use, and it will likely cost him double what he'd sell it for now .... plus the lost time, etc.

Several people have converted FSTs to FVs. Ironicly, Bob got much of my FST stuff in trade. I'm sure the next unconversionists can find Bob when they come along
    I wasn't planning to bend anything up Greg. lol

Points well taken.
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4346

Spares are like umbrellas!
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Liked: 190

Bob,

Greg is correct, keep the spare. Murphy's law: As soon as you sell it, you'll need it.

If you convert at a later date, ball joint beams are plentifull and cheap. I've got a few lying around (see below) for conversions .
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 05.18.14 at 6:40 PM.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bonow View Post
    Bob,

Greg is correct, keep the spare. Murphy's law: As soon as you sell it, you'll need it.

If you convert at a later date, ball joint beams are plentifull and cheap. I've got a few lying around (see below) for conversions .
    Maybe you should be on that Horders show! Lol
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI

Thread Information