Tom Hnatiw named Announcer
for the Formula 1000 Championship Series

Tom Hnatiw (pronounced "NA-choo"), writer, broadcaster, producer, and automotive television show host, will be the Official Announcer for the Formula 1000 Championship Series.

“Tom and I have known each other since 1990 and I’ve always been impressed with his work and enthusiasm,” stated F1000’s Jon Lewis. “Tom has a great personality and is the perfect person to announce our races and I have no doubt that our fans will be treated to some of the most entertaining webcasts on the market.”

"I am pretty damn pleased with this set up with Formula 1000 Championship Series for three reasons,” stated Hnatiw. “The first is working with Jon Lewis again for the first time since 1996...oh sure our paths crossed all the time but I think Jon is a very good motorsport guy and a first class manager. The second is that we're going to be working with a lot of young drivers, and I've been enjoying working youngsters since my own kids were born over twenty years ago. The third is that Formula 1000 is running two events with the USGT and Dodge Viper SRT Cup, two programs very near and dear to my heart. When you add the time trials and Driver Education which made the sanctioning body so well respected, Formula 1000 Championship drivers are going to have the opportunity to drive some door cars and perhaps even do some instructing. All in all, this a great opportunity for us"

Tom Hnatiw

North America’s most recognized television “car guy”, host of Speed Channel’s “Dream Car Garage” and “Sports Car Revolution”, past host of Global TV’s “The Car Guys” program, acclaimed international race track announcer and well known automotive personality.