Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 190

Quote Originally Posted by Socko View Post
    I was lucky enough to meet a person ................... that had a new to him FV in his garage.
    Anthony,

Not that many FV'ers around these parts, could you tell us who it was or what model FV he had?
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bonow View Post
    Anthony,

Not that many FV'ers around these parts, could you tell us who it was or what model FV he had?

Buddies name is Kevin he bought it from a guy named Fred. It is a caracal.

Anthony,

Per chance, was it this car? Knew it sold, but didn't know where it landed.
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 05.18.14 at 6:40 PM.
    Bill Bonow

Liked: 0

Anthony,

I havent seen the body, bunch of stuff was off when i saw it as he was sending it out for a new roll bar. I think he knew the guy somehow cause he got it for a crazy good price. I think he said it hasn't been raced in a few years. But I am fairly sure it was not that one.

Liked: 36

Anthony,

Bill,

That car will be racing in ONTARIO 2012...not me tho.

Liked: 51

Default marketing and growing the Series

Hello Bill

I am the new owner of the Caracal C pictured in the thread .I purchased it from Matthew Durkee of Indianapolis, real pleasure to deal with him class gentleman.I found the car thru
    the classifieds on apexspeed.

I will be competing in the F1200 series in Ontario. It is because of the membership past and present of the F1200 drivers club that I decided to start back in f1200 . I had purchased a tin top car and was starting to prep it when I went to watch some regional races and saw the great enthusim and creative thinking ( spec tires, masters class, manifold limitions, rookie award) that the Series offered.

The fore thought to keep costs down and to atract new blood or in my case recycle past
    racer back into the fold, will help keep the class alive .

I am fortunate to have a well organized and competive series in my backyard , any fellow formula vee racers south of the border would be warmly welcomed. I look forward to competing at 50 th birthday.

Cheers
    Desmond Ennis

Desmond,

Congrats on the car. I think it was an excellent car to purchase. The success of the F1200 series is directly related to the marketing job they applied. Give a racer a friendly place to play, keep the costs minimized, support it locally and you have a winning series.

Enjoy the car and the F1200 series.
    Bill Bonow

Liked: 14

Default New Blood

Hello,
    I am pretty new to this forum and racing in general but I have read alot of the postings under the Formula Vee section. After reading this discussion I finally decided to make a first post.

Okay so who am I?
    I am 19 years old, pretty handy with a wrench (I work as a mechanic at Sears Automotive Center), and have loved to watch formula racing since I was a kid. My cousin first got me intro racing by letting me co-drive his E stock miata in regional autox events last year. I ran a season in the miata and was actually competitive with the others in the class. In one of the last autox events of the season I had the rare opportunity to take a formula 500 out for a run. In that run, I had beaten the co-drivers' best time of the day. So, the owner let me take the car out again. In the second run, I beat the owner's, who has had the car since 1990, best time of the day by a second. He was very impressed and asked if I wanted to autox the Formula 500 in the National Solo Tour with him this year. I am very much a newbie and need lots of seat time in anything. As per a lot of suggestions, I am currently building an Iracing setup to Formula vee dimensions (how I got interested in Formula Vee is the next paragraph) and hope to practice in that and get some of that greatly needed seat time down.

I was first introduced to club racing a few years ago by Gordon Wise. Gordon Wise races PHA Hillclimbs and club raced a vw golf in F Production for years and now a rx7 in E Production. Once at the track (as part of Gordon's crew), I saw Formula Vees run for the first time. I loved how many vees were in the field, how close the racing was, and how cheap they are (relative I know). I was introduced to Tammy Oswald (Gordon knew her from the hillclimb scene i think) and her formula vee. After looking over the car for awhile and listening to her describe the class, I was very interested. Since then I have been actively pursuing getting into a vee one day. I have met and helped out Matt Kujat, Matt Kujat Jr, and John Pitman. Also I have met and talked with Hughie Maloney (he gave me an old pair of harnesses for the Iracing setup). I hope to be crewing for him at least once this upcoming season to really learn the ropes of Formula vee. so what drew me into Formula Vee was just being at a local event and seeing the cars run and then talking to the drivers about their cars afterwards. Formula Vee is an inexpensive class that offers lots of competitive cars, great close, classy racing, and drivers that will do anything to put another car on the track to race against. I was told that someone actually let another driver use their spare engine because the others' had blown up and even helped put the new motor in just to race him the next day. I don't think you can find that in any other class.

I might not be out there racing a Formula Vee just yet but give me a year or two to build up the funds and I will be out there having a blast. I hope to be racing some of yous soon!

thanks,
    Jon

Liked: 21

Quote Originally Posted by craigs View Post
    If I was King for a day:

1. a booth at NHMS on Nascar days, LRP on Grand am days, WGI on grand am and Nascar
    2. a booth at local race trade shows
    3. station someone outside of NHMS on days there are autox's and invite spectators in
    4. hand out fliers at SCCA autox's at Devens and other local events

Craig
    5. Talking to local SAE teams about SCCA racing - especially FV

I am setting up a little meet and greet with the SAE team from my old school to tell them about my experiences and how they can get into w2w racing. I haven't contacted their professor yet, but am working on trying it so I can get in to speak to their whole class.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 480

Hi.

NER is practically begging for people to help run a booth at:

(From a NER e-mail)

New England Region will be at the Racer's Expo on February 10 & 11 at the Royal Plaza Hotel in Marlborough MA.

We will be in need of people to work our table at this show. Last year we generated a lot of interest gained some new members. If you can spare a few hours (and want to get in for free), please contact Paul Zahornasky pzahornasky@gmail.com

Hours of the show are:

Friday Feb. 10 - 4PM to 9PM
    Saturday Feb. 11 - 10AM to 7PM

Expo Website: http://www.theracersexpo.com/

Pictures of FV, handouts, videos running on laptops - this is one way to promote FV.

ChrisZ

Liked: 29

Default Chicago area

World of Wheels

We (Chicago region SCCA) are getting a display together for the World of Wheels. As always, we are looking for a number of volunteers willing to include their Race, Solo, and/or PDX cars in the display.
    We also need volunteers to help staff the display. This is a great opportunity to share your enthusiasm for the club with the general public.
    If your interested in providing your car contact Claire Ball A.S.A.P.

Anyone in the Chicagoland area or a bit further that wouldn't mind a drive to go to this show?
    Reinventing the world, one wheel at a time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information