Thread: FST Promotion

Liked: 50

Default FST Promotion

I assume you have seen the post by Bill Wise's brother. (can't remember his first name) (But he is probalby reading this,) His assistance would be great!

Since the FV promotional stuff that many of us contributed to got nowhere, I really think it is a great idea for FST and the FFDA Championship series in particular.

A 30 second video could be used in many ways (and we have plenty of quality editable vids.) A Speed Spot would be ideal, but maybe out of the $ range. But I could see it used in other ways. Heck just playing it on our wide screen here at the shop would be a class act. Flyer have obvious potnetial. Any other ideas?

BTW, If we looked at a real TV spot and headlined Hoosier, they might even contribute. They have certainly helped us out to the tune of more than a few grand already. I really don't think we ar far out of the range of doing something pretty big.
    Jim
    859-252-2349 or
    859-339-7425
    http://www.sracing.com

Liked: 27

Default All For Promotion

Jim - I totally agree with the video promotion of FST. I am currently working on converting me Caracal C but my paying job has kept the progress on the slow side. I have two sons that are graphic designersone of which specializes in all forms of digital media. I may be able to enlist his help. After all I did write the checks for his college! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by rave motorsports View Post
    After all I did write the checks for his college! LOL
    Been there done that.

Hey thanks for your (his) offer. I am sure we can use his skills. Watch this thread.
    Jim
    859-252-2349 or
    859-339-7425

Liked: 254

Jim, you would be referring to Ryan. I'll be sure to send him this way.

Liked: 52

Default Promo

I would love to help promote the FST Championship. I feel it is a great way to go racing for the money. Here is a link to a few videos I have finished http://vimeo.com/user8315949 planning to have another one up within the next week. I have multiple classes on Adobe Creative Suite and in video (video being my main focus). I am hoping to do as many free lancing opportunities as possible.

Ryan

Liked: 190

Default In car footage

Great idea! I think I can help gather some video. I'd bet that in car FST footage will be plentiful.

Watched Ryan's promo vid of Bill

Get some interview footage and out of car at track footage and we're golden.

Where do I sign up!
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bonow View Post
    Great idea! I think I can help gather some video. I'd bet that in car FST footage will be plentiful.

Watched Ryan's promo vid of Bill

Get some interview footage and out of car at track footage and we're golden.

Where do I sign up!
    Thank you very much Bill! I would love to come out for the first race or a test day to take footage and get some interviews done.

Liked: 190

Ryan,

The first weekend is at Nelson Ledges in June. I think your help in creating a video would be extemely valuable. The Nelson date could work out very well. RGU has a very interesting Nelson weekend in the planning stages.

Any comments RGU?
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Senior Member Diamond Level Motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 93

I have a bit of FST video if it would be helpful.

http://vimeo.com/13803997

http://vimeo.com/13787780

Some of it is a bit boring but I could have my wife put together the good stuff.

She is getting pretty good at making videos.
    Scott

Liked: 151

Default Promo work at Nelson

Nelson would be a perfect place for interviews and maybe some false grid shots. In addition were are designating the weekend “the Formula First Experience Weekend”. We’ll see lots of hustle and bustle, we’re looking at an event sponsor, there is a possibility we’ll have an event administrator on site and we’ll have a nice party in the infield Saturday night.

Last night I was talking to the organizers about having a special race group for small Formula cars at the event which I believe could bring out a lot of shared interests.
    Finger lakes is doing everything they can to make sure this is a great event and a profitable one thus I think it will be a great video venue. I’m working on more great things but it will be a couple of weeks before we can announce them.

Great vids, Scott.

BTW. Just got called from Speed Vision. 30 Sec spots range from $4000 to $528. The highest price being in the middle of the F1 race. The lowest ranging depending upon practices, and replays of the race and qualifying, etc.

Many of the races are live at eg. 2AM and a replay ad during normal hours is only 600-700 depending upon race or qualifying replay.

With a good produced video this is all conceivable.
    Jim
    859-252-2349 or
    859-339-7425

Default Just popped into my head....

Another way you could market the series is with a Facebook page or blog site. I know the series has a website already but these two types social media are another great way to get people interested. Blogs help with saying whats going on and fun way to get information out there.

Facebook is another great way due to the millions, potentially billions of people that have a Facebook. It is another way to keep people posted on what is going on and ask questions about what they think... so on and so forth.

Ryan

Thanks, We do have a Formula First Facebook page. "Formula First USA"

Jim
    Jim
    859-252-2349 or
    859-339-7425

Thread Information