Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    Liked: 72

The alternative driving school was approved last year and the details are in the 2012 GCR. You can go online and download the GCR.
    The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views and opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR. thanks, Brian McCarthy, BOD area 9.

Liked: 302

Brian, Thanks, must of missed that part in the GCR.

I have been in contact with our divisional license person today, so I think I can work something out to get around any kinks I may have with the schedule.

Liked: 72

Hope all works out and it's great to have you join us on track.
    The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views and opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR. thanks, Brian McCarthy, BOD area 9.

Liked: 27

A good idea would be to have a race as part of the drivers school and make it count as one of your 2 required rookie races. Everything is fresh on your mind, you have a car that works (it made it thru school), you have a crew and all the track support people are there. Why not let them put all that training to use.

Liked: 20

Quote Originally Posted by rdfrancis View Post
    A good idea would be to have a race as part of the drivers school and make it count as one of your 2 required rookie races. Everything is fresh on your mind, you have a car that works (it made it thru school), you have a crew and all the track support people are there. Why not let them put all that training to use.

They do you have to sign up for it like everyone else after you get signed off. Some students are not ready to race after 6 hours of track time and it seems like some schools are getting even shorter to make it easier. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe there is always a event following a school and all signed off students are welcome to race while "everything is fresh in there mind".

Mark
    Mark Filip

Liked: 27

I have not seen a after drivers school race here at Daytona or Sebring. Maybe they do at other tracks which is a great idea.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 83

A race after a school seems to be common in the NE, but if I remember correctly at Nelson Ledges a few years back it wasn't. Hmm, maybe this is one of those little things that helps the NE maintain a large racing community. John

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread Information