Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4346

Default CASC Drivers School

We are pleased to announce that Region Chief Instructor, Bob Armstrong and former Race Director, Cindy Armstrong will be again organizing and managing the CASC-OR Race School for 2012.

There will be a only one school this year - scheduled for the weekend of April 28/29 at Shannonville Motorsport Park - and REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN.

A maximum of 32 students can be accommodated and Registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis.

A Student Information Package and the Entry Form for the school are posted to the Forms Section of the Race Division page and can be found at (http://www.casc.on.ca/roadracing_forms).

While training is tailored to the needs of the novice regional racer wishing to obtain a CASC-OR Race License for the current season, others wishing only to learn advanced driving skills will be considered.

If you have any questions, please contact racedirector@casc.on.ca.

Only 32 spots open. Make sure the new guys know!
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Liked: 18

Default Alternative race schools...

FYI...
    "I have announced the date for our school at Autodrome St-Eustache next spring, APRIL 20/21/22.
    The cost is $500 but MCO peeps that sign up early can do it for $450. The cut off will be end of January or when space runs out.
    The format will be like 2011 ( an introduction to the school is posted below from last year).
    As usual, last year the school sold out and people who waited too long, were disappointed.

In addition,back by popular demand, AISA Academy will host a driving/racing school at Calabogie Motorsports Park, May 4/5/6.
    The cost is $750 but MCO peeps that sign up early can do it for $700. The cut off will be end of January or when space runs out.

The course is recognized by ASN/FIA Canada as well as CASC-OR and ASQ."

Note...this isn't an MCO sponsored school...it is run by a private org. AISA Academy

http://www.mco.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=13636

Last edited by karmaboy; 01.11.12 at 9:53 AM.

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

Quote Originally Posted by karmaboy View Post
    FYI...
    "I have announced the date for our school at Autodrome St-Eustache next spring, APRIL 20/21/22.
    The cost is $500 but MCO peeps that sign up early can do it for $450. The cut off will be end of January or when space runs out.
    The format will be like 2011 ( an introduction to the school is posted below from last year).
    As usual, last year the school sold out and people who waited too long, were disappointed.

In addition,back by popular demand, AISA Academy will host a driving/racing school at Calabogie Motorsports Park, May 4/5/6.
    The cost is $750 but MCO peeps that sign up early can do it for $700. The cut off will be end of January or when space runs out.

The course is recognized by ASN/FIA Canada as well as CASC-OR and ASQ."

http://www.mco.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=13636
    I did the MCO race school a few years ago at Calabogie & it was a great course on what I believe was also a great track to learn on. I did another course as well at a different location that I feel did not cover as much as the MCO did. I have not done the school put on by CASC so I can not comment on that but have heard good things as well.
    Steve Bamford

Liked: 18

Default MCO School

The 2012 MCO Racing School is June 22. Unfortunately a bit late for new drivers.

http://www.mco.org/cms/index.php?opt...id=10&Itemid=6

FYI...There is also a lapping session at the same time...an opportunity to learn the track before the Ted Powell event. Race cars are OK...but I suspect open wheels are not...unless we can get a critical mass for our own run group.

Thread Information