Liked: 309

Default BMod / DSR / Vintage LeGrand

Found while browsing SCCAForums: BMod / DSR / Vintage LeGrand

I will be releasing my BMod LeGrand back into the wild. If anyone is interested in one of the fastest BMod autocross cars in the country---and one of the fastest autocross cars period---let me know. Asking 23k.
    With the introduction of a second child into our household, my wife and I are looking at moving and need more room--and with the housing market being what it is...this takes precedence. I am not selling this car to buy another car--I'll be running the Classic Motorsports BMW in FSP for 2012.
    Chassis: 1976 LeGrand Mk18
    engine: 2006-07 Kawasaki ZX10R
    New Aurora rod ends throughout
    Stack dash
    Keizer magnesium-centered wheels with fresh hoosiers
    Koni aluminum body 8211 shocks
    Wavetrac helical Diff in SFRE diff housing
    new fiberglass body
    big carbon multi-element wing.
    rains on original LeGrand wheels
    comes with LeGrand designed and built open trailer that weighs 340lbs and requires no ramps. Restored last year with new bearings, lights, wood, tires. Can be towed behind nearly any car as complete package weighs under 1200lbs with car. Tows behind MINIs, Subarus, etc. etc.
    view from the driver's seat:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUbGWwYxyfg
    email me at per@grassrootsmotorsports.com for more info.

Good car from a great guy!
    Chris Pruett
    Swift DB1

Liked: 0

I don't know about the "great guy" :-) but the car is beautiful! The asking price is higher than a used up road race car but in the long run a bargain.
    Greg Scharnberg

Yea, not so sure about the good guy thing, but it is an affordable and beautiful way to go very, very fast.

Aside from the three years of blog entries, you can email me at per@grassrootsmotorsports.com about specific questions.

So, my dad and I came up with the perfect solution. He's going to buy "my" car and we're going to sell his. We've got a second car that isn't as thoroughly prepared, but is half the price.

Particulars:

Mk18
    spool
    older (in years---new in terms of condition) ZX10R Muzzy engine with Mikuni flatslides
    two sets of LeGrand wheels
    80" wheelbase
    12" carbon wing
    has the green body that my car used to have.
    Wilwood master cylinders
    larger VW hubs/bearings
    center seat
    dry sump.

Asking 12k, email me for pictures.

Per

Liked: 65

Glad y'all keeping the family car.

not so glad the other car is closer to my price range. Trade for a CM/CF Royale RP31? anyone want to buy my Royale so I can get the LeGrand?

Thread Information