Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Contributing Member
    Liked: 86

Quote Originally Posted by John Nesbitt View Post
    Actually, quite the opposite. Reducing global warming would also reduce piracy. According to the graph. And graphs never lie.

But this is serious (terminal?) thread drift. Back on topic.
    You are reading the graph wrong, John. Increasing global warming reduces pirates! That seems counterintuitive, given the high incidence of Pirates of the Caribbean.
    Matt King
    FV19 Citation XTC-41
    CenDiv-Milwaukee
    KEEP THE KINK!

Liked: 1871

Any bets on the relationship between the number of post by Froggie and the decline in National participation?

Contributing Member John Nesbitt's Avatar
    Liked: 899

Quote Originally Posted by Matt King View Post
    You are reading the graph wrong, John. Increasing global warming reduces pirates! That seems counterintuitive, given the high incidence of Pirates of the Caribbean.

You're right. My blushes. Whoever drew the X-axis reducing from left-to-right should get a job as a political consultant.
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

Heterochromic Papillae starkejt's Avatar
    Liked: 3

It doesn't reduce left to right, look closely....

Liked: 3787

8 pages into this.... I'm sticking with post #41.

Liked: 43

Stan,

16. FA/B (includes FB with DSR engine rules @1050 lbs)

Maybe another option, keep the FB engine rules stock (economic reasons)and open up the aero rules for tunnels. I'd say screw the extra fifty pounds as well but the extra aero bits would probably push most of the cars up near that weight anyway. How many pounds would be added to the Atlantic cars for parity in the torque advantage?

Liked: 157

You're right. My blushes. Whoever drew the X-axis reducing from left-to-right should get a job as a political consultant.
    Those damn Pastafarians!

It doesn't reduce left to right, look closely....
    And the X-axis (number of pirates) does reduce going left to right - the resultant graph of data points is labeled in increasing years left to right.

Have you two been auditioning as data analysts for Gore's next movie?

Quote Originally Posted by R. Pare View Post
    And the X-axis (number of pirates) does reduce going left to right - the resultant graph is labeled in increasing years left to right.

Have you two been auditioning as data analysts for Gore's next movie?
    Look at the first 2 numbers on the X...

The graph reads, left to right : 35000, 45000, 20000, 15000, 5000, 400, 17. The only increase is from the first to the second number, the rest are decreasing going to the right.

In relation to the Y axis, it shows the number of pirates decreasing as the global temperature increases over the years.

Not the normal way of laying something out for showing changes by the year, but then, it was by Wren!

Quote Originally Posted by R. Pare View Post
    The graph reads, left to tight : 35000, 45000, 20000, 15000, 5000, 400, 17. The only increase is from the first to the second number, the rest are decreasing going to the right.

In relation to the Y axis, it shows the number of pirates decreasing as the global temperature increases over the years.

Not the normal way of laying something out for showing changes by the year, but then, it was by Wren!
    Sigh.

Liked: 126

I agree with Richard. Data analysis Gore style. Is there a hockey stick in there somewhere?

Liked: 0

Never trust a pirate. At least my graph was informative and made sense.
    Ken

Liked: 0

Clearly the graph shows that the killing of pirates has caused global warming.

Quote Originally Posted by fezzic181 View Post
    Clearly the graph shows that the killing of pirates has caused global warming.
    Misleading, IMO, as pirates have been CFC-free by EPA mandate since the mid 80s.

Liked: 190

I've always felt the pie chart was a much better way of getting the point across
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 05.18.14 at 6:40 PM.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 3787

I fear that there is some significance in the trolls being purple.

wait, wait... i hear helicopters, but i can't see anything over the shop...

Liked: 309

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    Stan,

16. FA/B (includes FB with DSR engine rules @1050 lbs)

Maybe another option, keep the FB engine rules stock (economic reasons)and open up the aero rules for tunnels. I'd say screw the extra fifty pounds as well but the extra aero bits would probably push most of the cars up near that weight anyway. How many pounds would be added to the Atlantic cars for parity in the torque advantage?
    The reason I suggested DSR engine rules is that in their stock form the FB combo is about 5 seconds a lap slower at RA than a first-rank FA (based on 2011 Runoffs qualifying), and IMO there is no reason to classify a car that's that far off the pace. To me a car has to be at least theoretically capable of being on the podium under normal race conditions or it doesn't belong in the class. Since the first 10 FA's at the Runoffs out-qualified the best FB by up to nearly 5 seconds, if FB's were to be merged with FA they'd need help...hence I suggested DSR engine rules.

As to the weight, I think you hit the nail on the head. Most actual FB's weigh a bit over 1000 lbs any way, so in this hypothetical scenario why not set the weight at a minimum that will encourage dry sumps and other measures that help with reliability for full sized drivers?
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Liked: 2

I am sure that there are very few that would like this option but if Runoffs race count is really the big issue how about a revised approach.

If a class is in the top 15 in participation the previous year, it is guaranteed a Runoffs race.

Classes between 15 and 30 only get to race at the Runoffs alternating years. That would total 22 Runoffs races. That gives a little "wiggle room" for two classes to overperform in their off year to be re-invited to the Runoffs.

Reinstate the 2.5 rule. Every year the rule increases by a decimal point (2.5, 2.6, 2.7 and so on) to a maximum number of 3, calculated the way that it is now.

A class can only be on participation probation one year and then it is relegated to Regional Only.

When a class loses its National status it remains intact for one season as a Regional class and if at the Regional level it achieves a participation level .2 higher than the current participation it can be re-instated to National. If it fails to re-establish itself as a National Class it loses its ability to reinstate and gets rolled in to a catch-all class. (Thinking in terms of GTL and GT3 that would be SPU, a GT2 car would become an SPO)

By the request of members that have thought out a workable plan (meaning sort of by petition, not one member with his own "great" idea) class consolidation could be persued as opposed to relegating a class to Regional status.

This would give the "survival of the fittest" thing that all of the Open Wheel crowd thinks is so important in a more "fair" scenario.

The most important thing is to establish a plan and stick to it. Even if my feathers get ruffled or I decide to quit racing SCCA a plan that is executed as represented has much more value than a plan that no one believes because it is never carried through.

Liked: 17

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Apexspeed sells shirts? Do want.
    I have some of the stickers, both on my car and trailer. I didn't know Doug had shirts, too!
    Bob McCown
    Van Diemen RF81 #472 (2008-2013)
    Next ?
    2009 ARS CF
    "I barked twice." - Enzo (the dog)

Liked: 17

Bob McCown
    Van Diemen RF81 #472 (2008-2013)
    Next ?
    2009 ARS CF
    "I barked twice." - Enzo (the dog)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678