Liked: 0

Default F1000 Pro Series Announces 2012 Schedule

F1000 Pro Series Announces 2012 Schedule

Fremont, California (Dec 16, 2012) - The F1000 Pro Series has released it's race schedule for 2012. The schedule currently calls for eight races over four weekends and includes the already released date at Mid-Ohio with Indy Car and ALMS where drivers from both the West Coast F1000 Pro Series and the East Coast F1000 Championship will compete together at the same event.

The F1000 Pro Series in 2012 will continue to support SCCA national participation numbers for FB by running the majority of it's event in conjunction with SCCA nationals. This will allow drivers entered in the series to not only compete in the F1000 Pro Series of events but also obtain needed race starts to qualify for the SCCA national runoffs. As a result of driver feedback the F1000 Pro Series has also added to the series in 2012 a double race event at Laguna Seca Raceway in Monterey, California.

The F1000 Pro Series will also see competition as a support race at a major race series in 2012 when it joins the East Coast F1000 Championship at the Indy Car/ALMS Mid-Ohio race weekend in August. This event should see the largest gathering of F1000 race cars for a single event. A tow fund for the Mid-Ohio race weekend for West Coast Drivers will be announced at a later date.

The F1000 Pro Series also announces for the first time cash prizes will be awarded at all races events to the top finishing drivers. As in 2011 there will also be a cash prize award to the top three drivers in the Championship. In addition, the driver that finishes the season with the highest points total will be awarded the F1000 Pro Series Driver's Championship Trophy. The constructor finishing with the most awarded points during the season will be presented with the F1000 Pro Series Manufacturer's Cup.

The F1000 Pro Series cars are purpose-built high-performance Formula 1000 race cars and Formula 2000 converted race cars powered by 1000cc motorcycle engines, with top speeds in excess of 150 MPH. Racers will compete for championship points based on in-class finishing positions, with a separate split start at all SCCA national events where the series will compete.

Additional dates may be announced at a later date.

The F1000 Pro Series will kick off its 2012 race season at Thunderhill Raceway, Willows, California on March 10-11, 2012

2012 F1000 Pro Series Schedule

March 10-11 Thunderhill (with SCCA - Double National)
    Apr 27-29 Laguna Seca (with SCCA - Double Regional)
    May 26-28 Pacific Raceways (with SCCA - Double National)
    Aug 3-4 Mid-Ohio (with Indy Car/ALMS)

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Pacific? Hmmmmmmmmm

I sooooooooo need a rematch!

Liked: 30

Wow, Seattle lives but the two biggest turnout races, Portland and Miller not on the schedule.

Contributing Member Nicholas Belling's Avatar
    Liked: 1

Default glenn,

We will get you back in a car for a rematch in seattle.. you would have been a top contender if that turn 1 spin didnt happen.

2012 is going to be a great year for F1000.
    Nicholas Belling
    email@nicholasbelling.com
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Russ, check the bold at the bottom of the announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by F1000proseries.com View Post
    F1000 Pro Series Announces 2012 Schedule

Fremont, California (Dec 16, 2012) - The F1000 Pro Series has released it's race schedule for 2012. The schedule currently calls for eight races over four weekends and includes the already released date at Mid-Ohio with Indy Car and ALMS where drivers from both the West Coast F1000 Pro Series and the East Coast F1000 Championship will compete together at the same event.

The F1000 Pro Series in 2012 will continue to support SCCA national participation numbers for FB by running the majority of it's event in conjunction with SCCA nationals. This will allow drivers entered in the series to not only compete in the F1000 Pro Series of events but also obtain needed race starts to qualify for the SCCA national runoffs. As a result of driver feedback the F1000 Pro Series has also added to the series in 2012 a double race event at Laguna Seca Raceway in Monterey, California.

The F1000 Pro Series will also see competition as a support race at a major race series in 2012 when it joins the East Coast F1000 Championship at the Indy Car/ALMS Mid-Ohio race weekend in August. This event should see the largest gathering of F1000 race cars for a single event. A tow fund for the Mid-Ohio race weekend for West Coast Drivers will be announced at a later date.

The F1000 Pro Series also announces for the first time cash prizes will be awarded at all races events to the top finishing drivers. As in 2011 there will also be a cash prize award to the top three drivers in the Championship. In addition, the driver that finishes the season with the highest points total will be awarded the F1000 Pro Series Driver's Championship Trophy. The constructor finishing with the most awarded points during the season will be presented with the F1000 Pro Series Manufacturer's Cup.

The F1000 Pro Series cars are purpose-built high-performance Formula 1000 race cars and Formula 2000 converted race cars powered by 1000cc motorcycle engines, with top speeds in excess of 150 MPH. Racers will compete for championship points based on in-class finishing positions, with a separate split start at all SCCA national events where the series will compete.

>>>>>>>>Additional dates may be announced at a later date. <<<<<<<<<

The F1000 Pro Series will kick off its 2012 race season at Thunderhill Raceway, Willows, California on March 10-11, 2012

2012 F1000 Pro Series Schedule

March 10-11 Thunderhill (with SCCA - Double National)
    Apr 27-29 Laguna Seca (with SCCA - Double Regional)
    May 26-28 Pacific Raceways (with SCCA - Double National)
    Aug 3-4 Mid-Ohio (with Indy Car/ALMS)

Yeah, I saw that. Sure I did..............

Default Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Belling View Post
    We will get you back in a car for a rematch in seattle.. you would have been a top contender if that turn 1 incident that is now basically legend at PRW, oft referenced in new driver class as "Men, do not let THIS happen to you", aka "THE most over-optimistic pass attempt, EVER" didnt happen.

2012 is going to be a great year for F1000.

Liked: 66

Thanks for getting the schedule published, Thomas. It looks good but I echo the comments from Russ. Guess it's a good thing I bought that supertrap last year - probably will need it at Pacific to prevent the marshals from black flagging me again for sound (grrrrr).

As for Coop's move, I saw it from a few car lengths back and it was quite spectacular with those massive fir trees looming in the background.

I look forward to hearing about possible additions to the schedule (Infineon? Miller?) and plan to run the full series again. Hopefully mother nature will give us a shot at a dry Thunderhill this year. Laguna Seca will be awesome and the Mid Ohio event should really be a hoot (come on tow fund). I can't wait for the season to begin!

Happy Holidays everyone!

John

Contributing Member Thomas Copeland's Avatar
    Liked: 165

Russ, John, we are working on those things. We haven't seen the Miller race date yet but if it's the same weekend as this year it will conflict with the East-West Shootout race at Mid-Ohio. Where would you guys rather be? I know where I would rather be.

This is the reason the schedule took so long to get out. We didn't have race dates for all the nationals and we don't want to conflict with any of the East Coast events because we are planning to be at all the events this year, both East and West. To that end I'm even putting a suit back on and climbing into the cockpit myself. Hopefully, it'll all get sorted out soon and everyone will be happy with the final schedule. Hope so. But I do plan on being at Thunderhill both in the car racing and out of it managing the series.

See you all there!

P.S. I can't believe I've done a thousand posts on this site! (some btw way I wish I could take back). Before you know it I'll be catching up with Purple Froggy.

We going to get any relief on sound at Luguna?

Miller is listed on the SCCA site as Aug 3/4 so it does conflict.

27 hours to mid-ohio from here, 39 from Portland. You'll probably get a huge turnout from the West guys

Liked: 942

Quote Originally Posted by drdestructo View Post
    We going to get any relief on sound at Luguna?
    Laguna is a Monterey County Park. The sound requirements and windows are set by the County. There are only a few weekends a year that sound restrictions are lifted.

The SF Region schedules the muffled Spec Pinata and SRF classes for early and late in the day when the windows are 90db.

To quote the 2011 supps:

"At Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, the limit is 90 dbA, 101 dbA, or 103 dbA per the event schedule. Where there is an overlap of sound windows in a session, the lower limit will apply to the full session."

Group 2 usually runs in the 103db window. That is also the maximum limit at Thunderhill and Sears Point. A car can be below 103dbA in clear warm weather and blow 103 if its cool and overcast.

The sound booth mics at Laguna are located where the reflection from the hillside embankments can make meeting the limits a challenge.
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Contributing Member Thomas Copeland's Avatar
    Liked: 165

Making sound at Laguna shouldn't be any harder than making sound at Thunderhill. I drove FC there for years and only time I ever had an issue was first year I was there with an FC in 2000 when I tried driving with no muffler.

If you arrive with a muffler with a turn elbow on the end of it all you have to do is turn the muffler away from the sound meters which I believe are located outside the track between turn 5 and the bridge leading up to turn 6.

I believe there were Stohr's running in FB there this year (Woodman for instance). Haven't heard of any issues they had making sound.

I just hope we have a good turn out for the race. To get a pro race there for our series will require a vote from the committee that runs the track. That most likely means making a presentation of some sort. If I can show a good turn out for the series there next year certainly might help our chances for 2013.

But expect Miller to most likely be back on the schedule in 2013.

Thread Information