Liked: 151

Default 2012 Hoosier Tire Series

2012 is really shaping up as a different kind of year. Schedules are out now. We have the opportunity to get a schedule out and finalized by Christmas. The FST series, unlike some of the PRO series schedules has thread of democracy running through it so we’ll listen to whatever and whoever. Here are my biases. May races will not be considered this year. These have never been well attended and we’ll reserve April and May for the drivers schools so our new drivers need to get licenses. Long tows will be kept at a minimum. The ARRC will no longer be a points race and it will go back to a “bonus race” status. All races will be doubles and each will be our standard format of Qual +Race each day. As usual, having our own race group is real plus.

It’s really difficult to exactly say what will actually happen in six months, but rumors, innuendo and plans point to:
    1. A support program and an enhanced rental ride program for beginning drivers
    2. A least four new drivers a distinct possibilities to add to our numbers. Two more are maybe.

So look in your e-mail and I’ll get you tentative possibilities and a list of the hot possibilties. The only bad thing is more than likely will need to schedule two races in August. So let’s get this schedule done so that the weddings, bar mitzvahs and fishing trips can be scheduled around the racing

Default Getting Closer

We now have all the SCCA schedules for NE, CEN DIV and Great Lakes. I also received a schedule from EMRA and we should have a Waterford Schedule next week.

We are very close to having the schedule out maybe even before Christmas.

Liked: 67

Robert,

Any thoughts on a NASA event? If the time and location stars align to a real sweet spot in the year, we could get the 15 to 20 car group that might get us our own run group. That seems to be one of the better "hooks" we can supply. Just a thought....

Jim

Liked: 2

Midwestern Council is open to letting us run with them, here's the 2012 schedule:

The 2012 Midwestern Council Season will be as follows.

April 21 & 22 Blackhawk Farms Driver School & Race

May 5 & 6 Blackhawk Farms HSAX & Race

May 26, 27 & 28 Blachhawk Farms HSAX, Race, HPDE

July 14 & 15 Blackhawk Farms HSAX & Race

August 11 & 12 Road America Double Race Weekend (?)

August 25 & 26 Blackhawk Farms Driver School & Race

Sept 15 & 16 Blackhawk Farms HSAX & Race

Oct 6 & 7 Autobahn South HSAX & Race

Oct 20 & 21 Blackhawk Farms That Loooong Race #42

HSAX is high speed autocross, a good time to test and/or learn the track.

Lance

Default thanks Lance

Lance

I hope to get together with our committee today and maybe get our proposal out after the holiday.

Two questions:

Can a driver enter a race after finishing the April driver's school?

Are any of these races doubles? We are staying with doubles this year for the points races.

Liked: 76

Yes you can race if you successfully comlete drivers school. Unfortunately onl Road America is a double.The rest are 1 day events.

I do have a car available for rent for the drivers school weekend.

Butch
    butch deer

Default The Schedule

All right----- so that every can plan their summer 2012 here is the FFDA Hoosier Tire FST series. Complete rules and entry information will appear on www.formula–first.org in the next couple of weeks. Since we are planning on a several brand new drivers coming on board we will be supporting driver’s school attendance early in the season. Watch here for this exciting program.

10 Race Point Series.

June 23-24 Nelson DOUBLE, Showcase race,
    July 14-15 Waterford DOUBLE, Showcase race
    Aug 11-12 Grattan National RR DOUBLE, Showcase race
    Aug 25-26 Road America DOUBLE
    Sept 15-16 Watkins Glen DOUBLE Two different track configurations.

Nov 2-4 Bonus Race* Early November Road Atlanta ARRC

The only race not 100% sure is the Glen race. I still have some negotiating to do on this one. If it doesn’t happen we will go to the Oct 6-7 slot at Mid Ohio. We are still negotiating on race group position at some tracks but typically we will have an early race group, mostly be a showcase race and there will be practice discounts at some tracks and in one case we have been offered an entry fee discount.

So get these races in your IPADs or paper calendars. Reschedule weddings and bar mitzvahs and fishing trips. Summer will be here very soon.

A *bonus race is non points race the FFDA has chosen to officially support. More may be added
    Last edited by rgu; 12.29.11 at 11:11 PM. Reason: typo

Liked: 67

Great looking schedule Robert! It seems a long way off but it will be here in no time. It's good to hear Hoosier and the various regions are coming thru again with great support and favorable groupings/race day schedules. Can't wait!!

Jim

Contributing Member steve everard's Avatar
    Liked: 11

Looking good Robert and thanks for all your effort to get us a terrific schedule.

Steve

Liked: 10

Default Clarifications

Robert

Looks good, like the dates just locking them into my calendar as we speak

Can you check/clarify a couple of things

- I think the first dates should be 23/24 June for Nelson (22nd is Friday)

- Watkins - is this a Friday/Saturday weekend?? Or should this be 15/16 Sept?

- You mention the last race is tbc with option of MO (Oct 6-7) did you mean the Watkins Race or the ARRC??

Thanks
    Rob

Default Errors fixed

Rob

I'm glad someone has a 2012 Calender. I've fixed the original post per your corrections. Thanks

When I said the last race I meant the last points race (Glen) Thanks fixed that too.

I might also add that I've been in contact with the Kettle Organizers and that race will be essentially the same as last year. I hope to firm up the Glen Schedule within the next two weeks. If there is a problem we'll go to Mid Ohio in early October.

Default Final Schedule

The Glen race has been finalized. A big big thing is registration is like the ARRC in format. A bit different because there are two places but the same general idea.

Liked: 190

Default Schedule is Official

The 2012 Hoosier Tire US Formula First
    Regional Championship Series

As Formula First goes into its 8th year of racing as an SCCA sanctioned racing series and our fourth year as an SCCA GCR class, the Formula First Drivers Association is please to announce a ten race, three division SCCA Regional racing series with a “winner take all” non-point bonus race at the fifth annual Formula First US Grand Prix held in conjunction with the ARRC at Road Atlanta. The purpose of the series and bonus race will be to encourage the broad based support for SCCA Regional entry level open wheel racing while expanding interest and promotion of Formula First.

In order to be eligible for The 2012 Hoosier Tire US Formula First Regional Championship Series points and contingencies, drivers must be members of the Formula First Drivers Association to officially participate in the series. Those who are not members of the Formula First Drivers Association can join by e-mailing fst@rochester.rr.com.

Series trophies will be presented to the top three series finishers. In addition there will be a rookie of the year trophy awarded to the highest placing first year driver. The series award ceremony will take place at the Hoosier Tire US Formula First Grand Prix - ARRC at Road Atlanta.

The 2012 Hoosier Tire US Formula First Regional Championship Series

Official race dates:

June 23-24 Nelson DOUBLE, Showcase race

July 14-15 Waterford DOUBLE, Showcase race

Aug 11-12 Grattan National RR DOUBLE, Showcase race

Aug 25-26 Road America DOUBLE

Sept 15-16 Watkins Glen DOUBLE Two different track configurations.

These series dates are sanctioned double race events

Our ’12 bonus event

US Hoosier Tire Formula First Grand Prix - ARRC

Nov 2-4 Bonus Race* Early November Road Atlanta ARRC

Series title sponsors:

Hoosier Tire
    (Official Spec Tire of the Series)

SR Racing

Aurora Bearings

P&NP

Others to be added soon

The Hoosier tire contingency sign up is mandatory for eligibility and can be found here: www.hoosiertire.com/rrtire.htm “click” on contingency and scroll down to the Formula First Contingency Program

Points score:

Race Entry: 1 point

Pole Position: 1 point

Fastest Lap: 1 point

Finish Position: 1st – 12 points

2nd – 9 points

3rd – 7 points

4th – 6 points

5th – 5 points

6th – 4 points

7th – 3 points

8th – 2 points

9th – 1 point

Points will be scored for the best 7 of 10 series races

Information Contact List and Formula First Drivers Association Committee:

Robert Guhde - fst@rochester.rr.com (585) 747-1421

Bill Bonow – bbonow@comcast.net (815) 715-3253

Jim Schings – sracing@mindspring.com (859) 252-2496

Aaron “Butch” Deer - butch_deer@mindspring.com (859) 963-8318

Dave Dawson – dd46637@comcast.net (574) 968-8722
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 02.10.12 at 9:48 AM.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Default Series Progress

We’ve been doing what I think are some really neat things at our events for next season. I think each of them should be a whole lot more than just a mere double. Eight new cars and drivers will be working their way into the series so they may make a big impact. I haven’t started working on the Grattan race yet but I hope this one will be as good as the previous two events are shaping up. If someone from Michigan (and we now have five drivers in MI) might want to volunteer to help me with this one I’d really be happy.

Lastly please get your dues into Jim Schings. We already have as many members as last year but we have a number who we haven’t heard from.

Contributing Member steve everard's Avatar
    Liked: 11

Robert,

I would like to be considered for the position, Please let me know if successful.

Steve

Default Call

Thanks Steve

I'll you this weekend to let you know whats involved!

Default Simplified Schedule

For those Interested, here is a PDF file of the schedule for 2012.

Things to note:

In (6) of the (10) race series, we get our own race group
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 08.01.14 at 6:29 PM.
    Bill Bonow

Liked: 44

Default Grattan August event

Just a quick note about the WMR event in August. We are incorporating your FST race group into a single national. It'll be the last national in GLDiv and you should have a captive audience to show your wares. There will be a prac/qual session and a race each on Saturday and Sunday. I've juggled the race groups such that you wont be near the FF/FV/F5 group so they (along with the rest of us) can watch the action. Last summer's races at Grattan were SPECTACULAR. I was flagging and the chatter on the radios was non stop about position swaps, close action, etc. Lotsa fun.

So bring out the numbers for this one and put just as great a product on the track as in 2011. I'll post here with details about the event (registration, etc.) as they become available.

PS-conside coming to our "Unrestricted" Double Regional (it's the only one in GLDiv before August) on Memorial Day weekend. Shake off the rust, get reacquainted with everyone and come out to a track I know you love.

Dayle Frame
    WMR Competition Manager

Liked: 76

This years contingency program and registration is now open on the Hoosier tire web site.

To register go to www.Hoosiertire.com get to the road racing section and click the contingency link on the left. The fill out the registration info. ( new this year "Hoosier" stickers in purple). You must register before the event to get awards.
    butch deer

Default All Signed Up!

All set for 2012. Pretty simple, less than 5 minutes.
    Bill Bonow

Default Grattan

Thanks Dayle

Everyone is looking forward to the Grattan event. This will be a truly interesting weekend and we've got a lot of new drivers who have never seen Grattan. What will be the test day opportunities?

Thread Information