Liked: 8

Default ETE Reman - Lawrence Loshak

I just wanted to give a great shout of thanks to Lawrence Loshak at ETE Reman. I know it is not a race car part, but if I don't have a transmission in my truck I can't get my car to the track! Lawrence is a multiple Runoffs champ and a great guy as well. HE knows racers, how we think and what we drive.

After FOUR (yes, 4!!!??) "rebuilts" in my Chev. (4L60 trans), I gave up and figured if I can't get a working trans I will have to dump the truck..... at over $2G's per, I was running out of money and patience.

Lawrence runs ETE Reman, out of Milwaukee. ETE is a first-class manufacturing facility with tens of thousands of transmissions a year leaving their facility. They ship to 600 or so authorized shops throughout the US. All parts are new, not "good-used" like the average rebuilder tries to get away with. All things like the pump, valve body, servos etc are actually renewed and tested before the trans is built. Then it is dyno'd to make sure it meets spec. They have literally hundreds of iterations in stock and thousands of trans ready to go. I called Lawrence on Thursday, he had a "special" built for me, with special valve body, shift kit, HD band and clutches, servo and pump assembly. Oh ya, not only all this, but just about half of the price these crooks up in Canada had charged me. And I got it in three days!!

Their units come with a THREE YEAR warranty!! Cool! If it breaks, I call ETE, they have the truck towed to the local autho shop, and a replacement is installed gratis.

Guys, I have wasted over $7,000 in 27 months on transmissions and towing. The last trans lasted .......wait for it............2 weeks!! The previous one lasted 5 months.

Lawrence gave me the "racer discount" ....the discount rate was higher than I would give to a relative!

The trans is serialized, tracked, traced and records kept of its life. They will know who, when and what was done should they ever have a warranty claim, but I am not expecting one.

I would STRONGLY suggest that you consider ETE for your replacement should you ever need one. After being taken advantage with poor workmanship, rotten customer service, and a hole in my bank account, I am so PLEASED to report that I had a great customer experience with ETE.

Remember, I am in Canada. That means I got a better deal buying in another country, driving 8 hours, crossing borders, paying import fees and the fuel charges, and all my time. I can only imaging how much easier it would be for you folks.

In a world where we all should be "buying American" I can think of no better business to support than ETE. Where American workers are working, building things in America for Americans.

OK ..."Soapbox off"

If you are interested you can google ETE Reman and take a look. They have a series of videos that show you what/how they do things there.

I will post back when I have a few miles on my new (reliable) transmission!
    Tom Owen
    Owner - Browns Lane and Racelaminates.com

Liked: 553

Good report. Good to know. Thanks.

Thread Information