Liked: 0

Default Group 3 & 6 numbers

After much discussion between two days ICSCC Executive Board decided to leave Group 3 & 6 as seperate race groups for the 2012 season.

Obviously, unless the entries increase, the discussion will be on the table for the Fall 2012 meetings and more drastic measures will be taken. ICSCC has opened the door for more Vees to race in 2012 with rule changes and are looking at creating a Vintage group too.

What would it take to get more OW's is ICSCC? We offer reasonable entry fees, good track times, 5 and soon to be 6 tracks in the area.

Liked: 49

kyle, I think it's a catch 22 type thing. More cars bring more entries in, less cars take them away.. FV was almost dead up here in BC a few years ago, then a few people made the effort to race their cars and suddenly we have 12 cars or more per race.

I think the rule changes will help the vees fill up the group 6 fields and hopefully that will light the fire under the Ford's arses!

still open wheel racing plainly isn't as popular in north america.. I hope that changes, eventually! Maybe 2 F1 races in the US will help

Liked: 0

I agree. Would like to see more come out. Id love to see more Vees.

If any of those FC's just sitting there not getting used I may be interested in buying it and running it! Horrible to see one just parked!

Hope to buy one by next spring and add to the numbers on track

Contributing Member
    Liked: 46

Default FF Monoposto racing in the north west

Monoposto Racing Specification FF70 - Club Ford is being proposed for adoption at SOVREN. Typically the vintage FF racing group at SOVREN has 20-24 entries. The new specification FF70 will allow club fords manufactured through Dec 31, 1981 to race vintage. With the proposed change SOVREN vintage will be allowing the later manufactured FF with 3 exceptions:
    1. no racing slicks, must be specified treaded tires
    2. only double adjustable shocks without reservoir will be used
    3. no aluminum head as per monoposto rules

Open wheel racing IS quite popular here in the NW. Formula vee race groups are nearly as large as the FF at SOVREN.

Liked: 1

Default group 3 and 6

For selfish reasons I am disappointed that 3 and 6 were not combined but I respect the decision since I enjoy racing with ICSSC.
    I race a F-1000 and am classed as a Formula Libre (FL) in group 6.
    The only way I get to race with the FF, FC, FM or FA's is when the entries are low and group 3 and 6 are combined or when group 3 cars option to race in group 6 as FL's.
    I wish group 6 cars had the option of racing group 3.
    Maybe someone can explain to me why there could not be a FL-2 (my term) which would allow group 6 to race with 3 and also.
    Thanks Herman

Liked: 17

I currently race a Formula Super Vee as FA car in group 3. The F-1000 cars match up well with the FA and Formula Mazda cars in group 3 and I would like to see the F-1000 cars in group 3.

In regards to the participation in group 3 and 6. There are certainly enough cars to have respectable fields as we saw at Doernbecher this year. I believe it comes down to us open wheel drivers to get our friends out. There are four additional Super Vees in the Northwest. They have been reluctant to bring there cars out to ICSCC events. I need to find away to get them out.

Tim Bland
    84 Anson SA4

Liked: 1

Default group 3 and 6

Tim
    Thanks for your post regarding the F-1000's running with FM and FA's.
    Who would you talk to regarding that possibility?
    I brought up the subject last summer and was told that something should be done for the F-1000's but since there are less than 5 cars at this time(F-1000), a separate class would not be possible.
    I asked about running as a FA since not all the FA's in ICSSC are truly FA's by SCCA standards.
    I was told that allowing non FA's to race with the current FA's could be a problem for those racing for points.
    I do not race enough to worry about points, I just want to share the track with other formula cars that are competitve with each other.
    Herman

Liked: 49

there are several of us in BC with Formula Fords who plan to get to selected races with at least 3-4 cars. We are thinking of Portland, ORP, The Ridge and maybe Spokane. We can't do all that we'd like, but think that hitting the bigger events with a few cars will help. Details to follow once schedule is out.

Liked: 28

I do not follow ICSCC much, but did race this summer in the Doernbecher Dash for the first time. Not sure if I will run my F500 much in this club due to the grouping. I would really like to run with the FF, closest race group but unless a FF decides to run as FL, there is no one to run with regularly. We managed to get 5 F500s for this race last summer which was fun and if that would happen more often I would be willing to run more, but the speed differential is huge with a Dwarf car running in the group, this makes nearly 30 sec differential lap time at Portland between fast/slow cars in the field.

Liked: 13

Herman,
    Considering that the F1000/FB group is growing (especially lately here in BC), I would highly recommend you apply to ICSCC to have FB recognized as a provisional championship winning class for the 2013 season.
    Greg Coffin and I are still in the process of trying to attract enough Formula Continentals to achieve a similar status, but for FC of course.

In order to apply for such status you will need:
    1. a "commitment" letter from a total of 5 FB drivers indicating they are willing to be a ICSCC member (preferably they already are) and participate in ICSCC events during 2013.
    2. FB to conform to SCCA GCR's (which you are already).
    3. submit such written application to the current ICSCC race steward (Michael Conatore).
    4. Do all this before the deadline of November 1, 2012 so it may be placed on the agenda for the 2012 ICSCC Fall meeting.

For specific details please consult the 2012 ICSCC Competition Regulations (available on their websitte), page 49, Section 1301-A.

It truly is a LOT simpler than it seems, and very much worth the effort.

FB owners: you, Nicholas Belling, Mark Belling, Richard Grunholm, and Tony Halcroft. These are all Ralph Firman FB owners, all living in BC.
    If you wish to connect with them, send me a PM and I will give you contact info.

Cheers,
    Michael Lensen (future FB owner/driver).

Oh wait there is more......
    Indicate that you wish to have the FB class run in group 3, with FF, CF, FC, FM etc, and then you can still enter group 6 as a FL. Taaadaaa.

Michael Lensen

I know Richard Granholm, North Vancouver, took the bull by the horns and submitted such proposal to the President of ICSCC. Well done Richard.
    Looks like you FB drivers will have a (provisional) class of your own and drive in group 3, and still have the option of also entering group 6 as a FL.

Thread Information