Liked: 53

Default A trip worth making

On Monday November 7th I took a flight to Green Bay Wi. Where I met up with Larry Campbell of Campbell Motorsports Inc. We picked up a 24 foot box truck and continued to Larry’s home where he had taken the time to lay out the whole Lazer project in order so I could see the assembly of a Lazer in logistical order. Larry’s attention to detail is one of the reasons all his projects succeed. Larry took a considerable amount of his time to make things as simple as possible. As a back up plan, it was lucky that I had a special someone that video taped and took still photos of the three hour information session. At the end I was in information overload and my mind felt like tapioca. Larry is such a technical wizard, I had my doubts that I could pull this off but I have always wanted to build formula vees and I feel this is the car I want to build! I have loved the Lazer since I first saw the L85 when I was a Tech inspector in the late 80’s. I have been asking people who have owned and driven the Lazer what they would do to improve the car and they have been very helpful! I appreciate all the tips and hints you all have given me.
    After the information session and the wonderful sandwiches that Larry’s wife provided we proceeded to sign the ownership agreement and start to load the truck. When the truck was loaded we said our good byes and we were off on a three day adventure which took us through six states and some of the most beautiful countryside I have ever seen.
    Being a Packers fan We made a side trip to tour the home of the Green Bay Packers…Lambeau Field and the Packers hall of fame I was brought to tears a few times as I walked through the house that Vince built. If you are ever in Green Bay this is a MUST see.
    After a three hour tour we were back on the road which took us through Milwaukee just before rush hour and a two and a half hour bumper to bumper game of chicken through Chicago at peak rush hour. We rested for the night then we headed to Cleveland to visit the Rock and Roll hall of fame, this is another must see if you have never been.
    We got home Thursday, unloaded and returned the truck. That was a grand adventure and Thanks go out to Larry and Nancy for making it a trip well worth making.

More to come with photos.
    G.

Last edited by gbmetcalf; 11.13.11 at 9:26 AM.
    G. Brian Metcalf
    72 AutoD MK4
    1991 Mysterian M2
    2014 ALR73 FV/FST

The official press release will be forth coming. (After my lawyer does his thing…)

The Lazer MK3.0 is being developed, if you are a present or former driver/owner of the Lazer E-mail me and give me your ideas of what you would like to see.

Thank you
    G.
    G. Brian Metcalf
    72 AutoD MK4
    1991 Mysterian M2
    2014 ALR73 FV/FST

Senior Member Diamond Level Motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 93

Default Lazer

Congratulations on your new adventure. I have always felt the Lazer is the best looking FV made. I purchased my kit from Jerry Knapp back in the mid 80's and had a lot of fun with it.

Seems that Larry has done many improvements to the original design and I am sure you will have a fun project on your hands.

Good Luck !

Scott

Liked: 190

G. Brian,

Loved the Laser too, great car....... Can't wait to see the FST version

Best wishes with your new project
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 05.18.14 at 6:39 PM.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 174

G.B.:

I know you just acquired the assets but any thoughts on building a "big man's"
    Lazer for the FV or FST community? Good luck with your purchase!

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Amon View Post
    G.B.:

I know you just acquired the assets but any thoughts on building a "big man's"
    Lazer for the FV or FST community? Good luck with your purchase!

Mark
    Mark:

As you can see below, I'm a "big boy" and plan on racing the Lazer. So the answer to your question is a resounding YES. Larry and I have discussed this very subject and when things are settled I think you will be pleased.

G.

Last edited by gbmetcalf; 11.14.11 at 7:58 PM.
    G. Brian Metcalf
    72 AutoD MK4
    1991 Mysterian M2
    2014 ALR73 FV/FST

Thread Information