Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked: 3787

Default Palm Beach Classic

Rumors abound!

Returning... from extreme debt incurred in sponsoring son's racing program....from out of exile in Lighthouse Point... one time ARRC CFC champion... self declared Driver's advocate for the F2000 Championship Series... Carly's father-in-law... supposedly to drive the "nuetered" ex-world famous cheater Swift... where else? but Palm Beach... well within range of his sheriff's issued ankle bracelet.

The one and only.....

Last edited by Purple Frog; 02.28.12 at 9:04 PM.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 215

one of the highlights of my career, not only to have rode the St. Clair scooter with pride, but to have been able to wreck it enough to go to the hospital, In Memory of my buddy Rob, pit vehicles were meant to test the after hours racers

There was a time... long, long, ago... that Jim got real excited about winning

Liked: 232

Default .... an unsubstantiated rumor

There may be a db-6 at the Palm Beach Classic with a "gentleman" of "far east" heredity behind the wheel ....Ummmmmm

EJ

Contributing Member

Well at least I'm guarantied 3rd after Chinky and JR take each other out.
    Last edited by jim morgan; 11.02.11 at 2:39 PM. Reason: sp

Default check your mirrors ...........

DANGEROUS CARGO .... approaching

Liked: 1

might be a DB! honda at Palm beach with a short light weight driving????????????

Contributing Member

Rick,

The politically correct members of Lee Racing prefer the term"Vertically Challenged"

Classifieds Super License John Robinson II's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Jim,
    Just exactly who are these politically correct people on the Lee Racing team? I know we were supposed to work on our people skills this year, but the comment about "nuetering" your DB-6 was just to far. From now on I will go out of my way to run over every frog I see on the road.

John

Default Politically Correct !!!!!

Let's see (and in no political order)

A "door" hanger
    A "builder" (yekes gawd) who is also an attorney
    A converted "Chinese Junk" mechanic
    A "jockey"/saleman
    A "weapons" engineer

.................. quite a group

Sincerely,

A Balding, slightly rotund and former piloto thinking I was actually alot faster a long time ago ..........
    Last edited by Swift17; 11.03.11 at 9:50 AM.

Careful now... start running over frogs and we will quit posting complimentary pictures of you.

Contributing Member

Running over Frogs or stealing them whats the difference.

I can not begin to imagine the nightmares Zuccarelli has before hosting an event knowing you guys have registered. No wonder entry fees are going up, just to pay for extra security.

Default On the road again ............

[FONT=Calibri]“ Just can't wait to get on the road again. [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]Goin' places that I've never been.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]Seein' things that I may never see again ..............." WN[/FONT]
    Last edited by Swift17; 12.14.11 at 5:10 AM.

Default ..... and the Florida Region Extra Security

......... as hired by Zuccarelli
    Last edited by Swift17; 12.14.11 at 5:11 AM. Reason: Pic removed for space

Liked: 65

Quote Originally Posted by jim morgan View Post
    Rick,

The politically correct members of Lee Racing prefer the term"Vertically Challenged"
    That I would have to see to believe. Someone politically correct around Lee Racing?????

who are you guy talking about...I'm so confused. Can some one show we where turn 17 is at Moroso?????????

Classifieds Super License John Robinson II's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default wha wha what????

Rick,
    I realize it has been a long time since you have been in an actual racecar, but where did you get turn 17 at Moroso?? Also. FWIW, there is no more Moroso, it is now Palm Beach International Raceway, again.
    Regards,
    The door Hanger
    PS. I will show you how to get around PBIR, but the first bit of advice is to watch out for the guy in the swift db-6 Honda, he is blind in one eye, just cant remember which one....
    And #2 Chinky cant see over the top of the bodywork, even with a Miami phonebook under him

Default A Strong Defense ...........

I would like to object in the strongest possible terms to this constant assault upon several noteworthy and highly respected South Florida individuals:

(1) He is one of the finest "builders" and gentleman in Broward/Palm Beach County - the unsubstantiated rumors about homes collapsing will be dealt in the appropiate forum - the allegations about crooked lines due to the inabilty to draw or see a straight line will be met with a defamation suit !!! - While I understand their were rumors about 2.3 Pinto Motors in a certain db-6, and the same about the 1.8 liter Crossle' 35, NEVER has any of this ever been proven; nothing but HOGWASH and sour grapes - Speaking of Grapes, it is true that AJ Foyt once called this former Indiana native a "wine and cheese" guy but hey, he did consider it an honor.

(2) As a former "Chinese Junk" mechanic this "tuner" also deserves more respect. While it is true often times a custom seat is needed, (Miami phonebook - NEVER - New York City book, "NO COMMENT") it is only a unsustaintable rumor that Graco Child Seat Products have sought him out for sponsorship. To the contrary, his engineering and fabrication skills have led him to build a highly touted proto-type Formula F safety seat - the bottle holders are only a consideration - AND - who cannot love an individual whose favorite restaurant is always at least 15-20 miles away for the hotel/racetrack.

These highly suspect attacks will be dealt with accordingly !
    Last edited by Swift17; 12.14.11 at 5:12 AM.

where can I get one of them new seats and a NY phone book? I am using the Miami phone book for the gas pedal on the left. The Senior member told me about turn 17.

Contributing Member

Rick,
    I know you've been gone for a while but we no longer count spins as corners. As was our protocol when we ran years ago I'll get with you to work out what turn I'll hit you in to avoid any surprises.

Liked: 0

Why do I have a feeling that I'm going to hear a lot of the usual "back in my hay day" stories next weekend...
    -Jason Generotti
    Swift DB-1

Classifieds Super License swiftdrivr's Avatar
    Liked: 673

Default To the owner of the loaner

One must be diligent, when dealing with those with lawyer friends, to make certain the contracts are specific and inclusive; say, of cleaning services after applications of fine coats of sand and dirt whilst traveling in non-standard trajectories over surfaces not normally designated for racing.
    I'm just saying!
    Last edited by swiftdrivr; 11.04.11 at 8:30 PM.
    Jim
    Swift DB-1
    Talent usually ends up in front, but fun goes from the front of the grid all the way to the back.

Contributing Member

Jason,

Very simple, just like talking with your Dad.

"The older I get the faster I was"

Default Remember ...................

"Old Age and Treachery will always over come Youth and Skill”

.... Greek Proverb

Contributing Member crowe motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 34

Default Welcome back

Rick,

It is good to see you finally came to your senses. Instead of working 24/7 you needed to get back in the seat for a little R&R---and a Formila Ford seat at that. Maybe I need to get one of those wingless wonders again because I loved my Swift.

I know you are man of class and style (I think they call it METRO) and even I still have a little even though I moved from FL to east bumfug KY.

SPIN? The appropriate classy term is to call it a CROISSANT with a little French accent thrown in for good measure.

Have fun!

Michael Crowe

Default A Word Of .......

.......... "Thanks"

We appreciate your years of loyality and the appropiate action delineated in behalf of Good~Year Racing Tires for Post 17

GOOD~YEAR
    Racing Tires
    Last edited by Swift17; 11.05.11 at 9:53 AM.

OK GUYs .......................I'm still trying to find out about turn 17. The senior member tells me it where you make up all your time??????????????

Car is done as far as I know- guess I will know what I forgot when I get to the track. I'm so new or old (65) that I loaded the car on the trailer backwards.

Lee- thanks for all the hard work getting the corners straight.

EJ thanks for all the good advise and people and palaces contacts.

Mr Crow go get a FF, move back to FL and join us...........

As long as my flight is on time Fri I will get to Moroso mid afternoon. Where will all you politically correct Lee racers be hiding?

Quote Originally Posted by rickrep View Post
    OK GUYs .......................I'm still trying to find out about turn 17. The senior member tells me it where you make up all your time??????????????
    Isn’t it like the 19th hole in golf? “the older I get the faster I was” Making up time the easy way.

Quote Originally Posted by rickrep View Post
    As long as my flight is on time Fri I will get to Moroso mid afternoon. Where will all you politically correct Lee racers be hiding?
    I’m gonna go out on a limb, but Friday afternoon I’m gonna guess Palm Beach International Raceway.

I also have to forward on a thanks from the folks in purple for the appropriate action delineated in Post 17 and the acknowledgement by Good~Year Racing Tires, post 30, they are happy with the fact they are BEHIND the folks in purple.

yeah, I couldn't resist.

Default Picture Post - Pass ................

This is NO WAY in any reference to that fine scribe who labors and tolls unselfishly and
    routinely in an effort to enighten us all on various and sundry matters, advancing our knowledge beyond what one could wish for, let alone hope ......
    Last edited by Swift17; 12.14.11 at 5:13 AM. Reason: pic removed for space

Liked: 444

Default ARRC

Anybody know who won CF.

I see what happened, I can tell by the tread patern. switched to rain tires for one of those Florida strangling rains and an unfortunate racing incident occured.

Believe it or not, I do miss the light hearted harrasment at the track for some 40 weekends a year... Y'all have fun down there

Jeez, I take off a few days to win a national championship, and what kind of respect do i get?

We have all sorts of documentation in the files to substantiate that the frog is still hopping.

Picture one shows Mr. Morgan explaining how far JR2 missed running over the frog.
    Picture two shows what happens when you try to chase a frog under a guard rail.
    Picture three shows that one should be very careful which frog they try to run over.
    Last edited by Purple Frog; 11.29.11 at 10:19 AM.

Contributing Member

Frog,
    You might be old and way out of shape when pushing the car in the paddock and strapping in makes you think"I could die doing this" before you start the engine.

Jim, we already knew you were old and out of shape... what about race reports? Straighten up or Howden is going to drop your retainer. The world awaits news of what happened when JR2, Chinky, and Cap't Morgan all went out on the track together.

Or... did you pass out pushing your car to grid? and miss the whole show?

Contributing Member

Chinky was a no show. JR2 ran away like a coward and hid. The rest of us had good races. Jason Generotti was complaining about a lack of elevation at the track so he launched off John in race one to get an aerial view.
    I have a favorable response to the Honda and finished 2nd both races. Need to get a new helmet so glasses will fit. Pretty entertaining drive with multiple blurred apexes and unlimited brake markers to choose from. Big difference from a little surface rust to the deep corrosion.

Turkey Trot here we come.

Liked: 444

Default Palm beach

I cant stop laughing thanks Jim. Watch out for those trash cans.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information