Liked: 0

Default Advice/Help Lotus 61 info

HI,

I just purchased a 70 Lotus 61. It was last raced in 1995 here in Michigan and had been sitting in a garage since. Its a whole car but has been modified over the years to meet safety and Im guessing to make it faster. I would like to return the car to its factory specs.

I am hoping that someone out there could point me in the right direction.

Im looking for the location of the AM # not sure of its location. The logbooks I got with it do not have the number on them.

Is there any blueprints available? I would like to make sure the frame is correct.

Does anyone have bodywork for the 61? This one is cobbled up and I think its best just to replace.

This is quite a project, but I think its worth restoring. I think it will be a fun car to rebuild. Just talking about it locally there seems to be lots of intrest it so that good motivation also.

Any help would be great!
    Thanks in advance
    Douglas Spencer

Liked: 3

Default Help

I would suggest you sign up on the Lotus Formula Ford Registry. www.lffr.org. Great group and many 61 owners there. They know the cars inside and out.

Mike

Liked: 11

Default Lotus 61

Perhaps we can help. Just finished restoring a set of 3 Lotus 61's. Can provide photos for reference or perhaps assistance in restoring. We have body molds and have made new bodies for our cars. You might want to make a trip down to visit us.

Gary
    Last edited by e-drive115; 10.31.11 at 8:07 AM. Reason: number

Default Lotus 61

Here's a sample of our work

Contributing Member
    Liked: 30

Default Lotus Formula Ford Register

Doug,

As Mike said the Lotus Formula Ford Register (www.lffr.org) has lots of great information and we can get you started looking for frame, gearbox and engine numbers. If you can come up with some of those we may be able to cross a chassis number from the build records.

We also have a Yahoo Group for discussions at http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/lffr/ Kind of like Apexspeed but geared almost exclusively to the Lotus 31, 51, 61 59 and 69 Formula Fords. You have to request to join the group. Had to do that to keep the spammers out.

Anything else, e-mail me at lffr@hotmail.com

John Mihalich, Jr.
    Lotus 61FF28; RMVR #61
    Lotus 61FF108; in pieces
    Registrar- Lotus Formula Ford Register http://www.lffr.org
    Registrar- Historic Lotus Register http://www.historiclotusregister.co.uk/

Default LFFR

Doug - John and his group are great. You need to follow up with him if you are going to be serious about having a Lotus 61. Lots of information and problem solving capability.

Liked: 276

Couldn't stay away long, huh?
    Vaughan Scott
    #77 ITB/HP Porsche 924
    #25 Hidari Firefly P2
    http://www.vaughanscott.com

Liked: 0

Wow! This is great. Thanks for all the advice. I will follow up this evening as Im at work now.

Talk to everone soon.

Thread Information