Liked: 5

Default FB Hoist or Jack

What is everyone using to jack up or hoist their FB car to work on. Pictures of and or links to product would be great.

Thanks,
    Grant

Heterochromic Papillae starkejt's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Liked: 126

I was eyeballing Josh's type, but it was too much $$$. I've since purchased a Chinese (Harbor Freight) 2 ton engine hoist - about $200.00. Problem is getting the hoist frame under the car to lift it, but a quickjack then another small jack raises the car enough. I plan to install smaller casters on it soon so that the quickjack will be enough. This has considerably helped my aging knees.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 60

Liked: 0

Default Hoist

Here is a hoist that I built primarily for storage but I have worked under them too. You drive onto a cradle made of 2" square tubing. The one on the left I can park my Fusion under. The unit on the right is about a foot narrower but the same height. Adds an extra 2 car garage to an existing 4 car. The hoist motor is rated at 4000# and has an automatic clutch to hold the load. I bolt in an additional stop for long term storage. My 67 Mini on the right weights 1550#.

More pictures here: http://claspics.com/444/871982/1319485137-277.jpg.php

Dave

Liked: 11

This won't work at the track but works great in the garage. It's a Warn Pullz All mounted to a beam in the garage- I also use a metal support in the middle of the beam while lifting the car. I made the stand out of 2x2.

Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Default Hoist and car dolly

If you have not gotten anything yet, I have a hoist and adjustable dolly that I built for my FE and FB cars. It works perfectly and is quick and easy. it also disassembles so you can take it to the track. I'm looking for $1000. I have that close to that much in materials in it. Call me at 561-723-6444, my name is Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by starkejt View Post
    This is a fantastic hoist. It is quick to setup and tear down, built solid, and Marty is a great guy, to boot.

[FONT=&quot]We will be offering these soon. They will be available with adapters to fit common cars or bare to accommodate custom applications. The jacks are completely collapsible for easy storage and set up quickly for easy use. Air operated, the jack only requires 50 psi to reach full extension, mechanical locks prevent collapse if air supply is lost, making these units unique, compact and safe. The jacks were originally designed for 3500# cars so they are well suited for anything in the formula car world. We have used these for the last two years with our DSR and never had any issues. Cost will be around $2500/set[/FONT]

Thread Information