F1000champ

Default Alex Mayer to F1000 Championship

Alex Mayer joins the Formula 1000 Championship Series

Harleysville, PA (October 19, 2011) – Alex Mayer of Harleysville, Pennsylvania announced his entry into the 2012 Formula 1000 Championship Series today. A junior at Souderton High School, Alex seeks to make his mark in the Formula 1000 world of motorsport.

“I’m so excited to be competing in the Formula 1000 Championship Series in 2012,” exclaimed Mayer. “This series gives me a great opportunity to race with some of the best Formula 1000 drivers in the country, and I look forward to great season. I was so impressed after driving the Formula 1000 at Charlotte; it sounds like a Formula 1, it handles like a Go-Kart, and the technology of the paddle shifters make it a blast to drive. Thanks for giving us this opportunity Jon.”

“We tested Alex in the Series’ promo car at Charlotte Motor Speedway and he proved to be incredibly fast,” said F1000’s Jon Lewis. “Not only was Alex fast, but he showed a lot of car control and really knew how to give excellent feedback. I have no doubt that Alex will be a force in the Championship.”

At 17, Alex Mayer maintains a clear focus on his ultimate goal of being one of the best in the sport of Auto Racing.

Alex’s determination to win and passion for the sport were evident from the time of his first racing experiences at the age of four (4). He began developing his racing skills in quad racing. At seven (7) Alex started racing Quarter Midgets. During his Quarter Midget Career, Alex entered over 1,000 races in three (3) different classes. Alex won 14 National Championship Titles, 15 Regional Championship Series, and 296 club races.

Alex has driven for various car manufacturers, as well as being chosen by an International Tire Company to test new tire compositions for the manufacturing process.

In 2008, Alex moved into Kart Racing in the World Karting Association. Alex competed in the Manufacturer’s Cup National Tour with Five (5) Top 5 finishes in his First Year. Alex attained a Top 10 Finish in the Florida Winter Tour, and achieved Five (5) First Place Finishes in the Florida Regional Championship Spring Series and Six (6) Top 3 Finishes.
    Alex competed in the Dirt Asphalt Modified Series in the Northeast with one (1) Win, Five (5) Top 5 Finishes, and ended the season Fourth (4th) in points.

Alex Mayer has been featured in National Kart News (September 2009) as an “up and coming young new star”.

During the 2011 Season Alex has been competing in SCCA Formula Ford 1600 and Formula B Series Events. To date, Alex has had Eleven (11) First (1st) Place Finishes; Three (3) Second (2nd) Place Finishes; and One (1) Third (3rd) Place Finish.

Liked: 99

Great kid and a great family! Best of luck to Alex and the team next season!
    -Nick

F1000champ

We think so as well!!!

Liked: 151

What chassis and who is going to be running his car?

F1000champ

Wren,

They are between two cars right now. Haven't made up their mind yet. They will be running their own car.

Liked: 84

16 years old and 1,000 races.....he's the Wilt Chamberlain of racing! lol, what does that come out to a year??

F1000champ

Alex is 17. He started when he was 7 and ran three different classes. Each heat is a race in quarter midgets. It's not hard to do over 10 years (100 races a year).

Liked: 84

it's not hard to run 100 races a year?? I'm not knocking him, it's impressive, actually unbelievable!

Liked: 0

I believe that Alex is a very devoted driver, and i wish him best of luck in the 2012 F1000 series already can't wait for it to start.

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
    it's not hard to run 100 races a year?? I'm not knocking him, it's impressive, actually unbelievable!
    Not really hard when you come from sprints / midgets. 2-5 races a night is common, depending on how many heats you have to work your way through - and events are once or twice a week rather than once every month or two.

Good luck to Alex!

Cheers,
    Rennie

Thread Information