Liked: 11

Default Who will Win - SARRC Invitational Challenge (SIC)

Predictions from the South Atlantic Road Racing Championship Pointskeeper. He does a great job explaining the high stakes in the upcoming SIC (SARRC Invitational Challenge) .

http://www.sedivracing.org/2011Event...WhoWillWin.pdf

Should be some great racing at Roebling Rd. Oct 8-9th.
    Working hard to enhance my Carbon Fiber footprint....
    2011 Stohr F1000
    www.Area81Racing.com

Liked: 553

That was a fun read. Please pass along my thanks to Tom.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Default Insider Stories from the SIC?

Any stories behind the results of the 2011 SIC?

We were not successful in winning the FB SARRC championship. My teammate Tim P. (RFR1000) was gaining on Pete F. (Phoenix) until it appears the starter backed out of the brand new GSXR, blowing oil on the headers & killing insects within a 5 mile radius of Roebling. This was only happening on right turns, so no for some reason. We were yelling into the radio's for 2-3 laps (never heard us ) until he shut it down with 44psi OP, so hoping for the best [crossingfingers]. Anyways, great drive Pete!

Glad to see the two car FE incident in turn 7 was without any serious injuries. Chris E. was in good spirits despite a nasty flip over. Chris gave much of the credit to modern safety gear
    2011 Stohr F1000
    www.Area81Racing.com

Liked: 3787

Default Dowis wins FM

Court Dowis, the 2000 CFC SARRC Champion, won the SIC yesterday in strong enough fashion to also take the 2011 SARRC Championship in Formula Mazda! Court, from Pine Mountain Georgia has been driving a FM since his shop burned to the ground in 2004 destroying his '96 VD FC car. On the podium Court credited Bruce Lawerce (the Speed Connection) for great car prep.
    Last edited by Purple Frog; 10.24.11 at 9:42 PM.

Liked: 553

Congratulations, Court!

According to the lap chart on MyLaps, the FF/CF race looked interesting, with several lead changes.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 22

Really glad that the FE incident in T7 was without serious injury as well, it didn't look fun from my point of view a few car lengths back.
    Congrats Court!
    The CF/FF race was really good!
    Fletch

Default Congrats to you too!

Congrats to you as well Fletch!
    2011 Stohr F1000
    www.Area81Racing.com

Classifieds Super License swiftdrivr's Avatar
    Liked: 673

Default FF/FC race

Group one [FF/CF/FV/F500] had a good time, and we got lucky on the weather too! I got pole in FF, and managed to control the pace until I felt comfortable about the heat in the tires [it was an early race and fairly cool.] Just about where I felt comfortable going for it, I lost the drag race with Shemetti [in Treadway's DB-6] and got passed into one. I was setting up for a repass when I realized he was going to lose it. I was able to back off and so I missed getting hit when he finally lost it coming out of the left hander [5 or 6, depending on how you count it.] After that, I thought it would be a lonesome run, but Mike turned up the wick in his Club Ford, and chewed on my tail pipe for the next 15 laps. He was getting a great run into 5/6 and the entry to the carosel, but I could get a better exit, so I felt good about where I was. Unfortunately, when we came up to lap Rick, he spun coming out of the bowl, and I tagged him nose to nose. No real damage to either of us, but I must have flat spotted the tires or picked up trash, because it seemed the car developed a shake [or maybe it was the driver]. Anyway, Mike missed us both and took the overall win. He deserved it. He was in the 14s on hard compound and with Club Ford aero. Really a good driver. Anyway, we all had a blast. Adrian was faster, Allan is really coming on, and I think everyone had someone to run with. Apologies to Rick. He was kind enough to miss me when I spun in front of him, and I couldn't return the favor. I hope his car has no unseen damage.
    Jim
    Swift DB-1
    Talent usually ends up in front, but fun goes from the front of the grid all the way to the back.

Liked: 5

I want to apologize for all the F600's who intended to run the SIC but did not do so (and maybe the F5's as well). Here is what happened.
    Before the Runoffs a group of top F5 drivers told the CRB/BOD that they would quit the F5 class if the MC's were allowed in. The CRB/BOD reacted by creating a new separate F600 class (regional now) which is an exception to their policy of no new classes. The SE F6 drivers were upset during this turmoil and decided to back off running any races until the dust settled. The F600 class ruleset is being written right now and all I can say is that the chassis will be more conventional. You will like what you see. So wait for the announcement in the Fastrack.

See you at the ARRC,
    Jim

Been messing with these cars since 1982

Liked: 52

Congrats to Court, Mike, Pete, Fletcher and all the other SIC and SAARC winners! Good luck to Chris E. and the other FE driver. I am glad that no one was seriously injured. I was running with those guys for a couple laps until I passed and it looked to be a good race between them. I had to shut it down in lap 15 when the Firman was 4th overall, but I doubt I was closing fast enough on Pete to pass before the end anyway. Our day will come soon enough and I can't wait to get started on the 2012 season in less than two weeks!
    Tim Pierce - #81
    2018 JDR F-1000
    www.area81racing.com

Liked: 22

Thanks guys, I couldn't have gone racing this year without the help of my friends and family, they put in so much time, effort, and support! Hope to see you at VIR, it would be great to have a stong formula car field there!
    Thanks
    Fletch

Thread Information