Liked: 5

Default Lola 340 radiator placement

Restoring HU 70 I need some idea how to mount the radiators in the original position. How were they bolted on, were they bolted to the radiator shrouds. Any help or photos appreciated.

Regards

Blair

Liked: 29

Blair......
    Taka look adis.........

http://www.race-cars.com/carsold/lol...57174199pp.htm

on racecars.com archives. Two vertical tabs on top and one horizontal tab on the bottom that are on the chassis tubes and mate with three tabs on the radiators.

dont forget to follow up on the tank etc.

Jerry B.

Liked: 25

Default T340

The link shows a car with the T342 radiator location, the first photo shows the original location. Sorry if this is understood by everyone, but just wanted to clarify

Lots if not most 340's got updated

I beleive that Blair is looking for the original mounting details along with the shrouds that were used at the front

I would recommend TW Mouldings for radiator shrouds as they have most of the original molds

Sorry, I cant help with the radiator details

Jeff

Liked: 43

Here is a copy of the original T340 cooling system layout. The radiators are mounted directly to the frame. There is a bracket for mounting the shroud. The bracket is bolted to the frame, and the shroud is attached to the bracket by a single pin. I will try to post a photo of a shroud and bracket later.

Liked: 5

Thanks Guys,

I am familar with the attachment for the 342, but the 340 chassis has never had brackets welded onto it. Do the top (bolt on) brackets bolt through the bottom of the roll bar. I ask this because there are two sleeved holes either side at the base of the roll bar.
    Last edited by Blah; 10.06.11 at 10:00 PM.

I have 2 342's and 1 340b. The 340b was set up for the aft radiator position when I bought it in 1978. When I bought that frame it came the the 340 side scoops, and the frames to mount the scoops to the side of the car. I cannot see any evidence of tabs being welded to the 340b.

The drawings of the radiators in the blueprint show the same mounting tabs on the radiator as my 342's have.

The drawing below may give some more insight. It appears that the oil cooler was mounted directly behind the right radiator. The roll bar can be seen in this drawing.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 9

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry B. View Post
    Blair......
    Taka look adis.........

http://www.race-cars.com/carsold/lol...57174199pp.htm

on racecars.com archives. Two vertical tabs on top and one horizontal tab on the bottom that are on the chassis tubes and mate with three tabs on the radiators.

dont forget to follow up on the tank etc.

Jerry B.

Hey! That was my car. Yes, someone in the past had moved them to the 342 position, among other mods (like bigger rotors and serious stiffening).

I want this car back someday, if anyone knows where it is. Last I hear it was in a collection in Colorado.

tim

Liked: 123

The rads are about 4" thick where they mount, and the roll bar holes are only about 1.5". the roll bar holes were used to mount the aluminum fire wall for the bulkhead on my car.

This is HU 21: http://thelolaregistry.com/RegPicFile/T340.21.jpg

I can find exactly zero pictures of a T340 with the front radiators. I'd be willing to bet they never imported any.

Brian
    Last edited by Brian; 10.07.11 at 4:47 PM.

Liked: 1

Blair,

Get Tony Cross to snap some pic's of his car setup. His are in the correct spot for a T340. We've bought several bits ex TW Mouldings in the UK, and they are friendly and easy to deal with. They should have the original moulds.

Otherwise, get in touch with Bob Marston at Lola Heritage. He can help out a lot considering he was chief engineer when they were built originally.

Craig

Liked: 0

Brian,

Your shocks are upside down. (Had the second 340 in the US, HU-3.)

DOC

Thread Information