Thread: Pro Licensing

F1000champ

Default Pro Licensing

Pro License evaluations at Orientation Program

For those drivers needing an SCCA Pro Racing License and not having 3 SCCA national races in their 2011 resume, an FIA grade C or better license, IMSA, Grand-Am or Indycar license, we will be holding on-track evaluations during the Series Orientation Program.

This program is basically for those coming out of karting with a strong resume and the minimum of a 3-day racing school, as well as those coming from programs like Skip Barber Racing Series, and those with only SCCA Regional licenses, etc.

Drivers will attend a classroom period that will cover, flags, rules, starting procedures, safety car procedures and a host of other curriculum. In addition, drivers will run an on-track program and be evaluated by Series officials to earn their provisional SCCA Pro License. This license may be used for the driver’s first event (two races) and the driver will be assessed by the Chief Steward during these races. After successful completion of the drivers first two races the Chief Steward will issue a recommendation for a full SCCA Pro License.

“We have made this program available during our Pre-season Orientation Program to help reduce costs for our new drivers, over holding separate independent tests,” stated F1000 Managing Director, Jon Lewis. “Having drivers all together for this program during our Pre-season Program makes it more cost effective for everyone. Drivers who pass the evaluation will be able to participate in the first event of the season.”

There is no cost for this program for drivers registered with the Series.

Additional information regarding licensing will be available soon.
    Last edited by F1000champ; 10.11.11 at 10:34 AM.

Liked: 11

Default Thanks from one who has 3 years of SCCA Regional experience

Jon,

This perfectly addresses the question I asked in Charlotte.

Many thanks,

RF
    Working hard to enhance my Carbon Fiber footprint....
    2011 Stohr F1000
    www.Area81Racing.com

Liked: 42

FWIW when I applied for my Pro license a couple years ago they weren't too strict on the 3 national events requirement. I don't think I submitted five regionals (as they were my most recent events) on the sheet and they looked at my SCCA club record in their computer.

Liked: 1

This is very good to know.

Thread Information