Liked: 72

Default Easy Lift drawings and build procedure

I receive many requests for easy lifts but since the freight is quite high and I'm not really doing a lot of fabrication any more, I have decided to publish prints and procedures for folks to build their own. I am not asking to be paid for the build package, but as a tribute to Bill Noble and all that he did for our class, I ask those who would like to receive a package to make a donation to the SCCA Foundation in his name. The Foundation does many good things, and one that is important to the Noble Family is the Street Survival program for teens. The safety of future members and beginning drivers, is critical. The Foundation's program not only exposes the club to new members, it saves lives.

So make a donation to: SCCA Foundation, in the name of BIll Noble to the Street Survival Program, P.O. Box 299, Topeka, Ks. 66619. Send me a pm with your email or snail mail address, and I will forward the build package that will include a bill of materials, prints and a step by step procedure to build your own easy lift.
    The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views and opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR. thanks, Brian McCarthy, BOD area 9.

Liked: 7

Default ez lift plans

My VEE and old back really need to have an EZier time! Thank you for making the plans available and I will be more than happy to contribute to the Nobel work. Please send the plans to Rob.henley2@gmail.com. Again, Many thanks!!
    rob
    Peregrin

done, watch your mailbox
    The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views and opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR. thanks, Brian McCarthy, BOD area 9.

Liked: 59

I put heavy duty casters from McMaster on mine. These are good for rolling around the shop, but I remove them when I take the lift to the race track because the lift is about an inch too tall with the casters installed. I use a floor jack to lift the car up enough to get the lift underneath with casters installed. I installed six because with only four on the outer corners, the bending moment of the lifting support in the center will bend the square tubes.

It's very nice rolling the car around the shop, at the end of the day, I can push it over against the wall and make room for my car in the garage.

The caster are 250 lb load capacity urethane wheels with 1/2 hole through the caster, I used 1/2-20 bolts. Here's the part on McMaster.com: http://www.mcmaster.com/#9795t41/=vtae5p
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	1183 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	51561  

Liked: 159

Default lift

I have one of these for sale in St Louis area if anyone is close by.....to big to ship. $300

Jerry Hodges
    636-399-7060

Liked: 41

I will gladly make a donation in bill's name to receive a set of plans as well.
    jeffa711@hotmail.com. thank looking forward to another weekend project.
    thank you Jeff

Liked: 0

I would be interested and will donate also. You can email to jdhmotor@aol.com.
    Thanks.

Liked: 7

Do you have any other pics of the lift so i can better understand how it lfts the car up and down. The outside braces in this pic appear to be fixed and the inside frame appears to pivot. However, I dont see a hydraulic cylinder pushing the frame up or down.

New and confused.

Liked: 1115

Quote Originally Posted by Ackmann View Post
    I dont see a hydraulic cylinder pushing the frame up or down.
    Electric winch.

Better picture here:http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67189

When building a new one, would shortening or eliminating the handle above the lift pulley affect structural strength? As it is, the projection of the handle prevents storing the package fully upright against the wall.
    Last edited by TimH; 02.08.15 at 2:18 PM.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Liked: 59

Quote Originally Posted by TimH View Post
    When building a new one, would shortening or eliminating the handle above the lift pulley affect structural strength? As it is, the projection of the handle prevents storing the package fully upright against the wall.
    I've considered making the diagonal upright foldable to make it easier to store during transport to the track. I think it can be done by hinging the lower attachment points of the two diagonal supports, but I've not taken the time to do it. As it is, it's not bad to lug in and out of the rig, but it is pretty heavy and mostly unwieldy. Sure is nice at the track though - car in the air in 10 seconds or less.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 15

Don't hinge it, make sleeves and pins. I am in the process of doing it to mine.

This will be much stronger than hinges.

Quote Originally Posted by CenDiv20 View Post
    Don't hinge it, make sleeves and pins. I am in the process of doing it to mine.
    This will be much stronger than hinges.
    That makes sense. Please post pictures when it's done.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold

The entire force of lifting the car is borne by the upright. If you do make the upright removable or folding, make sure you provide bracing. You will have to check the bracing every time you use it because it will take only one time without it to damage the lift. I have repaired several as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by budawe View Post
    The entire force of lifting the car is borne by the upright. If you do make the upright removable or folding, make sure you provide bracing. You will have to check the bracing every time you use it because it will take only one time without it to damage the lift. I have repaired several as a result.
    One wonders what repairs were needed to the cars involved..
    Caldwell D9B - Sold

they never got off the ground, the lift folded over bending the frame

Liked: 50

Default Lift for sale

We sold about 15 or 20 of them over the last 3 or 4 years. Several were going to FF people. Never heard back, so I assume they worked fine. I also have one remaining that we used for ~10 years (FV and FST) that works fine. It is for sale. 12V winch motor. Can't ship it unless you want to pay an extra couple hundred. This one goes for $350. Come and get it, or MAYBE pick it up from me at a FST Series race..
    Jim
    859-252-2349 or
    859-339-7425
    http://www.sracing.com

Hi I'd love a copy of the drawings for one of your easy lifts. I'm in ireland so shipping will be a killer but I would like a go at making one. I can forward on my donation as well no problem

Liked: 1

On Sale ($299.00) at harbor freight is a red motorcycle left with 1000 pound capacity. I use it for my FF.

19. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 9

Default Easy Lift drawings and build procedure

We have the same one from harbor freight we use for our FC and works great.

Liked: 5

Default Lift

I would like a set of the plans. I will make the donation. A PM will follow with address and Email information

Liked: 3

Default Plans

I would like a set of plans if you are still sharing them. I've made a donation already.

Jonathan

Liked: 2

Default Would like a set of plans, please

Are these still available? My buddy has a machine shop and is ready to build me one, but I need the details. Thank you in advance

Liked: 3

Default Plans

Quote Originally Posted by dsaggio View Post
    Are these still available? My buddy has a machine shop and is ready to build me one, but I need the details. Thank you in advance
    Yes they are. Follow what the previous people have done and you should get them. Might not be within the same hour though.

If you pm me your email and make the donation to the SCCA Foundation in Bill Noble's name, I will send you drawings and procedures.

Liked: 5

love mine! just gave it a little freshening and new winch. the caster idea is interesting too... sure would be nice to move it around easier.

Liked: 6

I also would like a set of the info.
    Thanaks,

Rich Ernst

teamvortexracing@yahoo.com

A recent death of my computer caused me to loose the lift files. If someone who has received them email me a copy of the files, I'd appreciate it.

Liked: 301

Brian,
    Just sent a copy of your Vee Lift files back to you.
    Let me know that / if they came through.
    Glenn

Yes, thanks everyone. Now I just have to remember to back up more often. Right after I clean the shop.

Liked: 2

Default Vee Lift

The Street Survival Program is fantastic program for teens. I will be happy to make a donation. Please send prints to me at tkenney1966@gmail.com.

Thanks

Tom

Liked: 830

Tom,
    Unfortunately, Brian passed away shortly after he made his last post here. Perhaps someone that received the plans could forward to you .. or maybe just POST here for all, along with his request for the donation.
    Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

Contributing Member
    Liked: 1

Condolences to Brian's family.

I would be interested in seeing the plans if they are available.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Davis View Post
    Tom,
    Unfortunately, Brian passed away shortly after he made his last post here. Perhaps someone that received the plans could forward to you .. or maybe just POST here for all, along with his request for the donation.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 13

Could someone who has the plans for the FV lift advise what wall thickness is used for the tubes?
    Thanks

Liked: 301

1/8" (.120"-.125") wall.
    A friend of mine tried to make one with 1/16" wall and...the more he welded, the more it "pretzeled".
    Glenn

Liked: 58

I would like a copy of the plans and would be happy to make a donation. Does any have them that would be willing to share them?

-dave

Default Plans for lift

Gents. I would like to build this lift for my FST. could someone please forward a set to mkmullins@comcast.net
    Thanks Gary

Liked: 23

I would also like to build one if someone could supply the plans. Thanks!

For those looking, I have the plans to the easy lift...or rather, I made a donation and someone sent me what was sent to them (since the OP has passed away). If you would like, make a donation as it's mentioned in the initial post and give me your email and I can share them.

-Dave

40. The following 2 users liked this post:

Default EZ LIFT Plans

Everyone,
    The OP, "Budawe", supplied these plans to anyone who made a donation to the SCCA Foundation Street Survival Program. He subsequently passed away and I've been providing the plans to keep the post and donations moving though I don't know the OP. I am happy to say that numerous people have made donations and received the plans under this same stipulation.
    It's been some time and I'm now posting them publicly with the request that anyone who download them make a donation in accordance with the OP's original request to:
    SCCA Foundation, in the name of BIll Noble to the Street Survival Program, P.O. Box 299, Topeka, Ks. 66619

The plans can be found here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9dcpd898y...yLift.zip?dl=0

You are under your honor to make a donation if you download these. Be good.
    1993 Citation FV
    NEFV - 2022 Champion
    NERRC - 2022 Champion

42. The following 3 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 83

Perhaps is fitting as an alternative to donate to SCCA Foundation, in the name of Brian McCarthy to the Street Survival Program.

44. The following 2 users liked this post:

Thread Information