Liked: 5

Default congratulations Harry White (Halifax)

Harry Just won the NARRC Championship Here In the northeast div. It went down to the last race of the year and Anthony Parker was not gonna just let him run away with it. We were group 2 at the Limerock final. It was raining all during group 1. I was one of the first fv to get to the pre grid and everyone of the ff had on rains so I thought I made a good choice. None of the vee's were coming out.
    Then the blue sky started to come out. my Crew asked me if I wanted to change tires but we really didn't have enough time to go back to the pits to change them. I just hoped it would start to rain again. ( but it didn't ) there was enough water so I didn't hurt my rains, but after 15 laps or so the slick guys just started coming thru. We all had our own group of people to race with and it was fun. John ferreira was in his first 32 lap race and did a wonderful and skill ful drive and with some help with a set of used rains , came out to play He is use to a Kart and is a good driver. when he figures out the weight of the vee we are all gonna be in trouble LOL Again Congrats To Harry and Ann marie for the championship Always fun to race with Harry He will always give you racing room. and after you pass , will come right back by you. LOL Outstanding job Pete Cheney #06

Contributing Member
    Liked: 79

Nice going Harry!
    Congratulations.

-Andy P.

FV NER

Liked: 0

Congrats Harry!

Dennis

NER FV 53

Liked: 58

I was a corner worker for this race (base of the uphill) and just wanted to chime and say you guys did a great job. It was an exciting race with the changing conditions.

Credit should be given to the driver who spun right in front of us. He hit the wall, damaged his car and ended his race. As he sat with us a bit dejected some of the cub scouts excitedly came up to the fence and asked for his autograph. It was obviously not a day he felt like a superhero, but the kids didn't know that. He happily obliged and made the kids really happy. One of them is probably wearing his signed hat to school today. I could be wrong, but even though it didn't fix his car I think it made the V driver feel a little better.

So hats off to good people and good racing.

Liked: 17

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpthumper View Post
    I was a corner worker for this race (base of the uphill) and just wanted to chime and say you guys did a great job. It was an exciting race with the changing conditions.
    Credit should be given to the driver who spun right in front of us. He hit the wall, damaged his car and ended his race. As he sat with us a bit dejected some of the cub scouts excitedly came up to the fence and asked for his autograph. It was obviously not a day he felt like a superhero, but the kids didn't know that. He happily obliged and made the kids really happy. One of them is probably wearing his signed hat to school today. I could be wrong, but even though it didn't fix his car I think it made the V driver feel a little better.
    So hats off to good people and good racing.
    Actually - hats off to ALL of the corner workers. Especially the ones who had to deal with the running water (at the base of the uphill). You all did a good job of showing the passing flag - just at the right time. not too soon, not too late. With the water spray being heavy at times - the extra set of eyes was very much appreciated.

Liked: 17

Congratulations Harry. Nice drive.
    I was pleasantly surprised how patient ALL of the FV drivers were for the first 2 or 3 laps. No one made any bold moves. Everyone was patient and calm, some on slicks, some on wets and we were mixed with the FF and F550's.

Harry, you made me nervouse the first couple of laps..... I though you were being nice and letting me keep up
    I picked up a few pointers following you.....
    Thank you Dick Stewart for the wets.
    I needed one of those 7 second pit crew teams on about lap 18 to make the change to dry's. First time I ever had to hunt for wet spots on the track.
    Great weekend.
    John

Liked: 0

Hi Pete and gents, Thanks for the NARRC congrats, we're really happy to have taken it this year. Got to grab it while you can, because the fastest boys are coming for it next year.

The Lime Rock race was the most conservative race I've ever run, because of both the slicks on the early wet track and because I needed to not get crashed out to lock in the NARRC. Visibility after hitting the No Name 'water feature' was terrible ... just as you approached the uphill corner. Not good. It was a pretty weird race overall.

Would like to hit NJMP for the late Oct. race but we're tapped out. Already in ski patrol refresher training so now we count down to winter! Thanks again!
    FV Lynx/B #8

Thread Information