Thread: FST Wanted

Liked: 94

Default FST Wanted

Ugh......I've been away from cars for so long. Roadracing motorcycles have kept me occupied for a bunch of years but now I'm looking to get back into cars and FST looks like a good place. I 'm looking for fun - never was fast and I sure won't be now. I've tried the usual sites for cars that might be for sale but haven't seen much. If anyone knows of something for sale and could let me know, I'd appreciate it. I'm in Pittsburgh and if I had $15-20K to spend on a car I'd be buying something else....price is important but my wrenching skills are better than my driving so a car in need of TLC is OK too. Fun is the goal. Thanks in advance.

Liked: 190

Matt,

You are correct in that there is not a large number of cars on the market. Some good news is that your in the heart of FST country. Find a car and you will see a broad range of competition in the FST series.

My suggestion, if you like to spin a wrench, is Tim Wall's Adams Aero conversion listed just above this post in the FST classified section. He is asking $7,500 for a car that has won the San Francisco Region FST Championship in 2010 and 2011. It is a good basic car that is racing this weekend at Laguna (not a garage queen). Tim is selling as he wants to go flying more often.

I've got a number of pics of the car, but they are in a PDF file too big to post here. If interested, I'll be glad to email them to you.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Hey Bill.
    Yeah, I saw that car and it looks to be a nice deal. Unfortunately it's in California.....not sure that I can pull that off. Will you send the pics you have regardless? At least it'll give me something to look at and dream. Thanks.

Photos are inbound. Shipping a car is no biggie. Lots of ways to do it and plenty of help at this forum to help you get it done.
    Bill Bonow

Liked: 1

Bill,

Would you mind sending me the pictures as well?

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bonow View Post
    He is asking $7,500 for a car that has won the San Francisco Region FST Championship in 2010 and 2011.
    While this may be a very nice car/value...the above pedigree could be very misleading. There were only two FST cars in the 2010 and 2011 SFR FST championship. However, all you can do is race whoever shows up. Their head to head results look fairly evenly split with this car completing more than 2x the number of events. So it's probably a pretty decent car and those Adams Aeros sure look cool!

If you are going to buy the car, buy it based on what it is and its current condition, not on regional championships with it being the only car in class about half the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl DeArman View Post
    While this may be a very nice car/value...the above pedigree could be very misleading. There were only two FST cars in the 2010 and 2011 SFR FST championship. However, all you can do is race whoever shows up. Their head to head results look fairly evenly split with this car completing more than 2x the number of events. So it's probably a pretty decent car and those Adams Aeros sure look cool!

If you are going to buy the car, buy it based on what it is and its current condition, not on regional championships with it being the only car in class about half the time.
    That's a valid point Daryl, and one I have no trouble heeding since there is only one way a regional champion car would stay a regional champion in my hands.....if it was the only car in the class!

Jonathan,

In Germany at the moment, so you"ll have to wait until after the 22nd til I return. Glad to send photos then.
    Bill Bonow

Thread Information