Liked: 14

Default explosion after hitting the wall ??

Late night studying on YouTube I run across a video of 2 FM's running into each other, after watching several times and many OMG's, i notice a fiery ball from the back of the blue FM, it looks like an indycar hitting and blasting into flames. what made these flames possible? the water from the radiators hitting the exhaust? any help understanding, thanks

www.youtube.com/FormulaCarChallenge#p/f/19/C4AFfB6w0KQ (start at 5:02 or so)

Juan

Liked: 553

I'm having a hard time figuring out what caused that crash. Bizarre.

This link might work better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4AFfB6w0KQ

I'd guess the fire was from oil.

Bizarre yes, but much better seeing what really happened, its been a long time since that crash, I was hoping to someday see footage of how it went down, painful to watch.

The oil from gearbox cracking in half prolly did the flames.....

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Quote Originally Posted by RussMcB View Post
    I'm having a hard time figuring out what caused that crash. Bizarre.
    Looks like 42 didn't like the move the blue car made on the first pass attempt so when pulled side by side decided to crowd him, maybe lost it/misjudged distance between cars trying to feint a move. just a guess....I wasn't inside either helmet, but it is what it looks like to me.

Liked: 7

Default What did Mike Anderson have to say about the wreck Juan?

Did you ever meet up afterwards?

Rick Kean

as I recall there was mass drama and it poured over into here. Hopeing this doesnt boil over again
    Kevin Firlein Autosport,Inc.
    Runoffs 1 Gold 3 Silver 3 bronze, 8 Divisional , 6 Regional Champs , 3x Drivers of the year awards

Classifieds Super License Joefisherff's Avatar
    Liked: 103

Default SCCA Stickers

After all the grief I get for not having SCCA stickers showing front and side during my annual tech he runs at the runoffs with none on his car. I thought they were a requirement? I guess 2nd place wins for his non-compliance...Ha!

Liked: 1432

Quote Originally Posted by Joefisherff View Post
    After all the grief I get for not having SCCA stickers showing front and side during my annual tech he runs at the runoffs with none on his car. I thought they were a requirement? I guess 2nd place wins for his non-compliance...Ha!
    You think that's bad, show up to grid with a Midwestern Council sticker!

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Quote Originally Posted by KevinFirlein View Post
    as I recall there was mass drama and it poured over into here. Hopeing this doesnt boil over again
    Wasn't aware of the prior mass drama. Seemed pretty obvious to me what transpired. I also didn't know who was in what car and any prior history. Now I do. Wonder what they both learned from it?

Liked: 9

Quote Originally Posted by reidhazelton View Post
    You think that's bad, show up to grid with a Midwestern Council sticker!
    It kind of all depends too....i just ran a regional at Milwaukee in Jeff Hennessy's Vee and they didn't say a word about the Council stickers...probably felt sorry for me.

I was one of the first on scene with Fire/Rescue after this incident...there were parts scattered for quite some distance...both are quite lucky and it does speak to the safety of these cars.
    Currently Without Car

Guys, it was me in the car, and yes the drama was because of the vicious act, i never followed up with the driver of orange car from kali. I learned a lot from others after the incident, prolly the thing i learned the most is that i will take ten fo' fighting next time something like this happens for sure, but yes, lucky to be able to see it now and find closure before heading back to RA for another shot at the top honors.

ps. i requested this video was given to Brad and the rest of the officials right after the wreck, but team denied to pass the evidence, i was written up and such. Time to move on, finally

Liked: 77

Quote Originally Posted by Joefisherff View Post

Watch the video from the beginning and you will clearly see the SafeRacer SCCA decals on the car, on the nose and the ones on the side of the car are on the engine cover just above the side pods.
    JR

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most ! "

Liked: 18

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Kean View Post
    Did you ever meet up afterwards?

Rick Kean
    everyone was pretty heated and the officials kept everyone separated. After Juan came on here after the race and started spouting off about the incident I came on here and explained my thoughts about what happened. Daryl D. was exactly right I was upset about Juan blocking me Twice in an attempt to pass so I crowded him a little and we touched. It was unfortunate. Like I said in a post over a year ago any claims that this was done on purpose are ludicrous! Juan and I race side by side at the 2010 RunOffs later that year without incident.

Liked: 24

No reason it should
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinFirlein View Post

Liked: 1417

Rehashing an incident from over a year ago that was already beaten into the ground is pointless. Time to lock this one up...

Thread Information