Liked: 0

Default What an awesome summer!

[FONT=Monaco]WOOOO HOOO!!!!! I can't believe it!!!![/FONT]

[FONT=Monaco]Thanks for all the kind words and congrats on the Mid-O event page! You guys are too much. [/FONT]

[FONT=Monaco]The Hoosier Tire Formula First Series is, without a doubt, one of the best regional series going right now. If you're on a budget - I don't know why you would race anywhere or anything else. 10+ cars per weekend. 15-20 competitive heat cycles on your tires. Engines that are half the price of other classes. Easy maintenance between races. And, the best class montra in racing, "Limit the effects of spending." Formula First is already a great package - having the series puts it over the top! With the awesome support and product we are getting from Hoosier tire, we are only a handful of cars and some marketing away from being a grass roots version of the F1600 or F2000 pro series. Thanks to everybody involved - especially Robert Guhde and the rest of the Driver's Committee. [/FONT]

[FONT=Monaco]Thanks also goes out to Averill Racing Stuff, Greg Rice, Bill Vallis, Steve Pastore, and SR Racing - for all the parts and advice this summer. With their help, my little Lynks was reliable - and even pretty quick right out of the box.[/FONT]

[FONT=Monaco]Speaking of fast and reliable... I can't say enough about Dave Carr and Autowerks engines. When I first picked up the my engines from Greg's house, I don't think I understood what he was giving me. Before I broke it, that little motor behind me picked up 3 track records and multiple podiums, without so much as a hiccup of trouble. All I had to do all summer was keep it cool, keep oil in it, and keep the valves adjusted. And, if [/FONT][FONT=Monaco]I had any stupid, "chassis guy questions," Dave was only a phone call away. [/FONT]

[FONT=Monaco]No doubt - It has been a dream season for the Steeb crew this summer, and I owe a lot of thank you's for sure... Racing's really about family and friends to me tho - especially my wife, Jenn - the best grid chick ever! She keeps me sane during the weekend, and keeps the rum and cokes flowing after the racing's over. Plus, she puts up with the ignored honey-do list, long nights, early mornings and crazy weekends! Even 6 months pregnant with my good luck charm, she's happy as can be at the track (or at least acts that way)! How lucky am I?! I suppose it wouldn't be anywhere near as much fun (or successful) without my top sponsor, crew chief (sorry Chris - missed ya this year!), and VP of hospitality/timing/food - my mom and dad. What can I say - dad basically gave up driving to help me this summer, and my mom gives up her weekends to support us at the track. If it wasn't for them... I'd probably still be wishing to drive a race car, instead of actually doing it. And...thanks to Uncle Rob (wherever you are). [/FONT]

I don't know about the ARRC. Jenn's pretty cool, but 8 months pregnant might be hard to keep in a tow vehicle for such a long drive down. We'll see Either way - i[FONT=Monaco]t's really my pleasure racing with such a classy group of people, in such a competitive series. Thanks for welcoming us in. [/FONT]

[FONT=Monaco]Cheers! [/FONT]
    [FONT=Monaco]Jason Steeb[/FONT]
    Last edited by jsteeb; 09.08.11 at 10:48 AM.

Liked: 1

Congrats,Jason great to see a conversion car be just as competitive as purpose built says alot for the class.

Liked: 8

I would like to echo Jason's sentiments. I'm really going to miss our Formula First Friends this winter - I already can't wait for next summer! Pretty good bunch to hang-out with a few weekends a year... And its OK to take a summer off if you can help a driver as fun to watch as Jason. I'm proud that that apple didn't fall far from the tree. I'm not sure what the team is doing next season, but I KNOW it involves Formula First! THANKS for the good times all summer!!! steve

Liked: 0

Default Congrats

We just met at Mid Ohio, congrats on the win and title.

Steve Hill

Thread Information