Liked: 0

we're having problems with our engine cutting out. when i lift to brake at the end of a straight away, the engine cuts out and won't re-start until i cram it into gear. no way to heel toe double clutch downshift with a dead engine. we've pulled the carb apart and cleaned everything a couple of times, and made all the adjustments we can think of - and still i'm cramming it into the lower gear. any ideas?

I've had this problem whenever my braking G's exceed about 1.5 - 1.6. Jay Ivey was able to cure this problem with the addition of an anti-splash plate that mounted in the top of the float bowl.

I would suggest contacting your engine builder and asking for their advice.

We had the same problem last year for two weekends until we figured it out on the second weekend. Drove us crazy. Had the carb completely apart several times. Adjusted float levels, messed with jets, accelerator pumps, cleaned fuel filters, looked for fuel cell foam in the lines...the works. Believe it or not the fuel pump was the problem....changed it and the problem went away...in our situation the car would run fine everywhere on the track except the end of the back straight at Mid-Ohio where the engine would just quit just about the braking area. I know what you mean about trying to down shift with a dead engine...a real crunch.....Rex

I've had this problem too. Adjusting the float in the carb seems to help sometimes. Your best bet is to call your engine builder and see if he has any other ideas.

Thread Information