Liked: 0

Default Mission raceway icscc event

Thanks to everyone who worked to hard on this event and especially the novice director
    Bob mearns who granted me the opportunity to come out and have a great time.

Liked: 49

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Pate View Post
    Thanks to everyone who worked to hard on this event and especially the novice director
    Bob mearns who granted me the opportunity to come out and have a great time.
    Watched your qualifying session from the stands on Saturday, looking good! How much experience have you had in that car?

ive spent thing last two years crew cheifing for the belling family building the cars, the entire wiring system was done by me and fortunately other than an ignition switch in my qualify monday we havent had an electrical failure all year.
    as for my experience in the car an RFR1000 it will include friday testing 5 or 6 sessions, saturday practice qualify, sunday qualify race, monday qualify race. for the last 3 years i have been an avid i racer and ten years ago i stopped racing quarter midgets which i did from age 6 to 18.

that and i had two laps in the car at button willow accellerating as fast as possible in the straighaway and slowing down to a dead crawl for the corners. oh and i always got to drive marks car back from impound to our pit.
    so on that note i would like to thank the belling family for giving me this fantastic oppourtunity, firman west cars, my fiance Alea Hoglund for being more understanding and supportive than any woman i have ever met. and its time for bragging rights
    in the race on monday i clocked a 1:06:08 which is a new all time track record in this configuration, the previous record held from kyle oberndorf in a stohr f1000 in 2008 at a 1:06:444

oh and a big thanks to my dad Walter Pate whos birthday just happens to be today for getting me started in racing, the bug bit me long before i can even remember much of anything
    Last edited by Alex Pate; 09.06.11 at 3:54 PM. Reason: addition

Liked: 210

..... and its time for bragging rights
    in the race on monday i clocked a 1:06:08 which is a new all time track record in this configuration, the previous record held from kyle oberndorf in a stohr f1000 in 2008 at a 1:06:444
    WOW! If you're running Belling/Oberndorf times.... YOU are a contenda!
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

ive spent thing last two years crew cheifing for the belling family building the cars, the entire wiring system was done by me and fortunately other than an ignition switch in my qualify monday we havent had an electrical failure all year.
    as for my experience in the car an RFR1000 it will include friday testing 5 or 6 sessions, saturday practice qualify, sunday qualify race, monday qualify race. for the last 3 years i have been an avid i racer and ten years ago i stopped racing quarter midgets which i did from age 6 to 18.

that and i had two laps in the car at button willow accellerating as fast as possible in the straighaway and slowing down to a dead crawl for the corners. oh and i always got to drive marks car back from impound to our pit.
    so on that note i would like to thank the belling family for giving me this fantastic oppourtunity, firman west cars, my fiance Alea Hoglund for being more understanding and supportive than any woman i have ever met. and its time for bragging rights

oh and a big thanks to my dad Walter Pate whos birthday just happens to be today for getting me started in racing, the bug bit me long before i can even remember much of anything
    Nicely done! Mission is probably not what most people would consider the best track to really take a car like this around for the first time, either. Good job, I'm sure plenty of people would have told you the same old story of starting with something else, bla bla bla. But of course, I'm sure all that seat time taking the car back to the paddock is what made the biggest difference

The biggest thing everyone told me was watch out for the walls. And up u till Sunday I found them pretty intimidating. But I gotta say I had the time of my life

The biggest thing everyone told me was watch out for the walls. And up u till Sunday I found them pretty intimidating. But I gotta say I had the time of my life

Contributing Member Nicholas Belling's Avatar
    Liked: 1

Default All the seat time alex had bringing car back to camp !!

was really good, as he learned valuable techniques, like j-turns launch control with throttle management, and low speed car control, all while in the paddocks.

Alex impressed me all weekend long. but when he was continually clocking 1:06 times and set the record and then further set it, it was fantastic.

He was testing all weekend new setups and components for the RFR Firman FB car, so it was great to see him adapt so fast to changes, and to be able to conclude we now have a faster car than last month is even better.

Now we are on the prowl to get alex sponsorship to run the pro series next year !!

FANTASTIC JOB ALEX !!
    Nicholas Belling
    email@nicholasbelling.com
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Oh and don't tell anyone at Mission that iRacing might have helped! They'll think you're crazy

Well the facts don't lie

Thread Information