Liked: 19

Default Texas size gathering

I'm going out on the ledge/bridge/embankment here.......

It's far enough out that everybody can work with their respective partners.....

one race - a support race, in Texas, at USGP next year that brings all F2000 series on the track at the same time.....East coast, West coast and Dan's.......

I'm not trying to bait anyone into calling the other something that will get them banned.... It's a legit thought...

Cooper can have the larger HP cars - Hoosier the smaller (as a start to the ideas)......... An F2000 "super race" on the biggest road racing stage in the US next year...

Put everything aside and combine to put on the best show possible! It would be nuts!

Come on Mike/Dan - pick up the phone and call Dan/Mike - make it happen! It will be a tough gig to get without some pooling of resources.... (unless IMS front's the money - then I guess we'll have to all get IRL licenses... )

Oh - and side impact panels would be mandatory for all cars!!!

Liked: 0

Default We vote YES !

An excellent idea Matt !
    Imagine what the "rest of the world(s)" would think if they saw 10-15 USF2000 Mazda's, 8-12 PacificF2 Zetec's, and 20+ F2KCS on Hoosiers all on the big track running infront of the world stage ! If 40+ cars ran in 3 separate classes that were easy to explain the differences to the crowd...and if the F2 drivers put on the "Great Race of the Weekend" like we have done many times before ... WOW !

What would be bad about this ?
    Would this type of event "bridge-the gap" and return 2litre cars to the prominent Junior Formula Car stage ?
    Could all 3 Series be willing to support the event even if it was : (a) no Series points awarded, (b) "super/extra" points awarded in your Series, or (c) Single Event Championship that could be used to "capture" a large Series Sponsor if we can have big crowds / big car counts / great racing with lots of buzz

Since it doesn't cost much to daydream & talk.....

Ben
    Louisville Motorsports Formula SAE
    2010-2011 Team Principal/Chief Engineer
    2010 Lead Chassis/Suspension Designer

Liked: 9

Default Texas

Maybe Lone Star beer in a one off sponsorship deal. And a ZZ Top concert to kick it off.

Stupid Monkey Racing is saving up starting right now.

Can I get a hell yeah?

Default austin f2000 event

outstanding idea !!! east and west meet in the middle ,,,the f2000 princpals after what they have done at w.glen ,i think they could pull this off..ls beer no $$ now BUD thats a diff. story large bugets name rock band or great entertainment good purse huge trophies lots of hype..you guys that know f2000 honchos get on with it ,,i'm going hunting for a decent f2000 car ,i wanta be there !!!! heck it's only 1 hr. away from home...pass it on !!! it could be bigger than the beatles,,who ??? thanks.............matt m. for president !!!! 1 vote here........

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 291

Default uh..........

...............talk with bernie first

Default austin

for whoever is serious mr. tavo hellmund is the creator and principle also buddys with bernie ,,contact tavo and i'm sure things will procede..better have a bulletproof business plan....tavo is as serious as a heartattack about racing !!!!good luck to all..............................................

WHAT!!?? ... No CFC ... WTF, OVER ...
    Last edited by Reddog; 11.03.11 at 9:26 PM. Reason: eratta

Thread Information