Liked: 0

Default Milwaukee Mile Double Regional

Congrats , Ethan Macky on his first Win in race one..

Ethan describes his win to a group of racers at John Luxon's Saturday night barbecue.

First there was the Great Quote at Post race Impound to His competitors

" So this where you guys hang out after the race"

Then later in the evening with the gang hanging around the camp fire at Luxon's trailer, Ethan describes his first couple laps..

One of the better race stories I've heard in a long time

As Ethan describes..... Heading towards the green a large bug slips into/under my helmet, this large bug can't find a way out of my helmet,it is crawling all over my face and driving me crazy ..So...For lap 1 and lap 2 I can't get this bug to go away, My dilemma is what to do about this. So far at speed I have tried everything possible at speed.....so it is pit or!!!! eat'em...Oh well...Chomp.Chomp.....Gulp and on to my first win...

Holy crap Batman..This kid new to Formula Ford has a serious competitve edge. You think?

Liked: 42

Default WOW

Almost fell off the couch laughing on that one, Thanks for sharing JV

and
    CONGRATS Ethan !!

I thought 'Competitive Eating' involved Hot Dogs..............
    FFCoalition.com
    Marc Blanc

LOL congratulations Ethan, well done (I mean the race, not the early race dinner!)

Contributing Member racingflyboy's Avatar
    Liked: 71

Congratulations Ethan! Not so sure I want to try your competitive advantage, I think I'll leave that one to you. That he'd make a funny story of it doesn't surprise me. He's pretty funny.

I'm lucky, they both live pretty near me, and I see them now and then, besides at the track. His dad Pat had knee surgery near the end of July. I broke a bone in my foot a few days later. Ethan sent me an email, (knowing I was basically fine) and said "if you really feel the need to race, call my dad, you can see who can limp faster!" LOL.

BTW. This "kid" isn't completely new to Formula Ford. He's just new to having a car that can finish a race! He and his dad, Pat, and a number of others that have helped them out with it, have worked VERY hard the past four or so years getting the car to where it is - I think they've had almost every problem one can have. If nothing else, they deserve the Perserverance Award! About three years ago, they spent a year fully rebuilding the car, only to be punted in the warm-up lap at BHF the very first time the car had been on the track. Less than half a lap. They repair it, and have nothing but trouble, and they stick with it. All the while, I suspected that Ethan would be quite good at this racing thing. I couldn't be happier for him, and Pat. I'm sure Pat has to be just about busting at the seams with pride.

Congrats again, go Team Mackey

I hope to race you in October! You can follow me any time!

Steve Barkley
    Euroswift SE-1 FF1600

Congrats Ethan on your win! Scoring one for the Minnesota boys, bug and all. And that is one gorgeous red car you have.

Cheers,

Dan

Perhaps his next race he can prove full Jedi master level by holding the bug between his front teeth for the entire race and releasing it, unharmed, in the winner's circle.
    Ken

Liked: 20

Default Ummm, that was tasty!

Well, we didn't fare as well in today's race. We DNF'd a few laps into the race with an overheating problem, most likely due to a cracked swirl pot.

The good news is, that I had a big lunch so I didn't have to snack during the race. I'm still not really sure what kind of bug it was, but it sure was tasty.

Congratulations to Alan Murray for his win today. From what I saw, it looked like he drove a real smooth race.

Ethan

Liked: 3

Great racing both days by all involved. That was some of the most fun I've had all year. Too bad no other CFFs came out to play (hint, hint).

Everyone who stayed home missed a great time, a challenging track, and a really nice trophy!

Liked: 3

I just looked at the video from Sunday. Ethan picked up 3 spots (if you count a CFF in his way as a "spot") in half a lap -- NICE passing! Got me under braking in 1, dove under Alan Murray before the hairpin, and just drove right around Luxon on the exit. The gap was already huge going back onto the oval. No question it would have been 2 in a row if the coolant had stayed where it belonged.

Thread Information