Liked: 0

Default Formula First Facebook Group

Just a reminder that there is a Formula First Facebook Group. Here's the URL:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/205003367712/

We can post and share event photos, tech tips etc, as well as maintain a calendar. This was originally started by Chris Satterly. He's made me a co-administrator for the group and I will try to spend more time with it and get it more active.

Robert or Bill - we should put something on our Website as well - we can get a "Like" button for the site I think, or a link.
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI
    CenDiv - Milwaukee region

Liked: 151

Default link

Bob
    I had conversations with Doug Dale and Jim Schings about “spiffing” up our web site at www.formula-first.org Adding the Facebook link is a good addition. Even better is to add a section where documents of a “how to” nature can be downloaded.

Everyone's suggestions are welcome. One caveat though. Cash is limited.

I agree Robert, there's a lot that can/should be done with the site.

As for costs, while not as fancy as a custom built site, I've been using a "site builder" from 1and1.com (who hosts my sites) and it's pretty easy to use and flexible for my needs.

I think I pay about $10/month for my package with them and a few $ a year for the SEO program.

Bob
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI

I am willing to trade car(s), and or parts for a site. You can see some of the sites I built in my signature. I would likely focus on something easily manageable on the back end by someone not familiar with HTML. Maybe integrated schedule, and a multi user setup so many people can contribute to news, and information which is organized and searchable in a blog style.

Just an idea.

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by joshuagore View Post
    I am willing to trade car(s), and or parts for a site. You can see some of the sites I built in my signature. I would likely focus on something easily manageable on the back end by someone not familiar with HTML. Maybe integrated schedule, and a multi user setup so many people can contribute to news, and information which is organized and searchable in a blog style.

Just an idea.

Josh
    hmmmm, so the association can buy my citation at a highly inflated price, trade it for web services and I add a few dollars to the proceeds and buy Carl's car! everyone wins!

Interesting idea Josh - not sure if it's workable but interesting. Do you have an FST car now?
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI

I just finished my FVee which is detailed in a fvee build thread called 'let the project begin'. Bill convinced me that if open wheel racing is for me then I should be in fst, largely because of my gut

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by joshuagore View Post
    I just finished my FVee which is detailed in a fvee build thread called 'let the project begin'. Bill convinced me that if open wheel racing is for me then I should be in fst, largely because of my gut

Josh
    Ah right! nice work on that car! So will you be selling it to fund an FST car then? doing another build? I heard about a Citation slider that might be available at a reasonable price but it's way out east.

Bob
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI

Liked: 25

Quote Originally Posted by lawyerbob View Post
    hmmmm, so the association can buy my citation at a highly inflated price, trade it for web services and I add a few dollars to the proceeds and buy Carl's car! everyone wins!

Interesting idea Josh - not sure if it's workable but interesting. Do you have an FST car now?

Bob,

He liked your Citation idea, but he wanted it in red so you have lost out on the deal, sorry.... NOT

Sam

I could stretch my chassis out and convert my car... it has not yet been homolgated... the last log book disappeared and the entire cage was done so... maybe conversion over winter if I am convinced

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by SamF View Post
    Bob,

He liked your Citation idea, but he wanted it in red so you have lost out on the deal, sorry.... NOT

Sam
    No one likes a smart a$$ Sam. Oh, wait, sure we do! lol sorry, mines not for sale, I mean why would anyone sell the fastest Citation in the Hoosier Formula First Championship Series?!?!?! LOL

Seriously, there was a guy out east I had talked to about a trailer. He left me a VM the other day saying he bought a Citation FV purely for the motor (he's a Vee guy) and wants to sell the rest of the car - I honestly don't recall if he was selling the trans with it or not. If it was closer to home I might actually consider it for the spare body, or, being a total gluten for punishment build Stack Motorsports Citation FST II - oh hell no!!!!!

Josh - if you've got a good solid chassis that you like and fit comfortably in, converting to FST, especially since you'll have to go through homologation no matter what, might not be a big deal. What trans in in your car? If you've already got the correct trans then really it's a beam swap, motor swap and plumb in the oil tank. Oh, and the rack and pinion steering. And the correct rear brakes. Ok, so it's a lot, but I've done two and I'm a mechanical nincompoop - based on what yo've done with the FV - it would be childs play for you.

What convincing do you need - look at the regional FV participation by race in CenDiv. Last week at RA there was ONE FV. For next weekend at the Milw. Mile there is, as of right now, no Vees, one FST At Gratten - 2 Vees. Not sure how Blackhawk fared this season, but my impression is, poorly.

I'm in Wisconsin. While the travel to the FST series races can be a bit of a pain, it's worth it to know that there will be a bunch of cars in my class, and very likely, we will be our own group. The FST community is great, and they tell me the racing at the front is as good as it gets - someday I hope to find out.

IMHO unless you've got the budget and desire to compete in National Races, FV is pretty much dead and for us regional guys, FST is the place to be.

Bob
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI

Liked: 190

Just wanted to bring this one back to the top. Our Facebook group has 120 members and is a great place to catch instant news as the race weekend is happening.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/205003367712/
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Just added two new members today as a matter of fact!

Bill - should I make you an Admin on this. Chris Satterly started the group and made me an Admin since he's not as active in FST as he expected to be. I don't mind doing it but figured another wouldn't hurt.

Bob
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI

Bob,

Not much of a Facebook guy, not sure how to "admin". Lance may be a much better fit
    Bill Bonow

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bonow View Post
    Bob,

Not much of a Facebook guy, not sure how to "admin". Lance may be a much better fit
    too late - already did it! lol But I can make Lance one too - primary job - "allow" new members when they request

Bob
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI

OK, easy stuff. I'll be the new admin for a while
    Bill Bonow

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bonow View Post
    OK, easy stuff. I'll be the new admin for a while
    co-admins Bill - don't get power hungry lol. Chris and I are still admins too.
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI

Thread Information