Thread: Mid Ohio

Liked: 0

Default Mid Ohio

Figured I start a USF2000 thread for the Mid Ohio race going on. Pretty good day for my and AcceleRace Motorsports guys especially considering my first time driving this package and first time me and the team are working w/ each other. Did only 1 lap runs to maximize the time in the sessions to make changes so I THINK have some more time just from doing a 3-4 lap run but still a great day ended P3 in class .075 off P1!

In-car footage from my visor cam being uploaded right now stay tuned....

Liked: 1432

http://www.usf2000.com/results/2011/championship/rd-05/results/USF2000%20Mid-Ohio%20Practice%202.pdf

On a similar note, I saw the Spencer Pigot fella at the June Sprints and he gave Niki a run for his money. I believe he passed him once and Niki slotted back to third. Niki got back in the lead and for a few laps they were nose to tail until Niki started to pull away. Good race to watch from T5, and we were all saying "Who is in the silver FC?" Point being, the USF2000 & F2000 seem to have some of the, if not the, best competition around.

Good luck Jon

Slow....day...at...work...

Some laps from Thursday afternoon. Not the best combination of laps these Cooper Tires are a good bit different then what I am used to with the Hoosiers but they are a TUN of fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi4fCU0YV1g

[On a similar note, I saw the Spencer Pigot fella at the June Sprints and he gave Niki a run for his money. [/quote]

It was a good race, I hear, but it was the Cat National, not the June Sprints. I was in that one at the June Sprints.

Liked: 1432

Quote Originally Posted by rgreist View Post
    [On a similar note, I saw the Spencer Pigot fella at the June Sprints and he gave Niki a run for his money.
    It was a good race, I hear, but it was the Cat National, not the June Sprints. I was in that one at the June Sprints.[/quote]

My mistake. Not the first time I called either by the wrong name. Good luck at the Runoffs Revere.

RH

Contributing Member Jerry Santucci 33's Avatar
    Liked: 1

Default nice video..

good luck in the race, let us know how it went
    Seeeeeeeeeeeeee Ya --- Jer
    "Use to be" --- CF #33

Liked: 12

Hi guys,

We had some technical issues yesterday, but I think we're going to be broadcasting our race call live today on the USF2000 site. If you're interested, tune in 12:45 pm EST.
    Take care,

Rob Howden
    519-223-1152

It was great to have Johnathan in our #29 AcceleRace Motorsports car this weekend. He did an excellent job communicating with the team. From my seat it looked like they the dialed the car in more and more with every lap. I especially enjoyed the catering service his dad provided and we even got some wicked camera shots with is Race Optics helmet cam. Even with the ups and downs it was overall a great experience and I look forward to having Johnathan back in the car soon.

[FONT=arial black]Ben Siegel[/FONT]
    Assistant Race Engineer

Sure did not end the way we wanted probably lead at least 75% of the laps in the National class so to come home with two 2nd place finishes is a bit frustrating but "that's the way the cookie crumbles." Should/could have easily been two wins which would have properly shown the prep work and effort at the track by the AccelRace guys, but thats why they run the races!

I am a racer so I am into any good scenario in any series and car. Certainly this past weekend was a great event and good scenario. I am sure I signed more autographs and took more pictures just this past weekend then Fast Matt has his entire career Literally had fans walking up to us drivers on the grid while getting in and while in the car taking pictures with us and having us sign hats, pictures etc.

Here is my Pole lap/Track Record for the National Class. Lost a tenth in the carousel mist my apex by about 6 inches trying to carry to much entry speed. Track was slow when we did qualifying as well. 14-16 hours earlier when we were on track we were going a full second faster, so there is a good chance this time will fall next year.

Voice over sound quality not as good as I would like it. Spent like 2 hours with the microphone on my laptop better then when I first started but still not quite as good as I would like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU6hoj2rEPE

Another video in an earlier post in this thread from the "visor cam" angle.

Liked: 19

Quote Originally Posted by JScarallo View Post
    I am sure I signed more autographs and took more pictures just this past weekend then Fast Matt has his entire career Literally had fans walking up to us drivers on the grid while getting in and while in the car taking pictures with us and having us sign hats, pictures etc.
    whoa whoa whoa..... not possible...

Though I'm at that next level now where people are afraid/ too shy to approach for an autograph.... Kind of like a supermodel sitting alone in a bar - too much intimidation for some to handle... So the number of autographs has dropped off slightly. You could catch me - in a few more years....

I understand Foschi was there hanging out..... How is he dealing with the ban??

Foschi skin tone has become very pale and his whole nature very zombie like since he lost his apexspeed life.

He was there and took me around the paddock for some meet some people in the Indy Car paddock. Introduced me to some people like AJ Foyt and others kinda weird walking around the IndyCar paddock with him and big shots like AJ calling him out by name.

Here he is laughing about something with Glen Probably making fun of somebody knowing the two of them :

Thread Information