Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 0

Mark - lots of room. I won't get there until Saturday morning but I'll puit you on my list

Bob Stack
    FST 13

IF you are not on the list, call my cell - (262) 993-2566 and I'll run out and let you in.

Your old car is the 2nd fasted Citation FST right?

Bob
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI
    CenDiv - Milwaukee region

Liked: 174

Bob,

Thanks for you response! I don't know who's the fastest but mine was close to
    being one of the first Citation conversions. I look forward to the good racing
    and appreciate the addition to your list.

Thanks again!

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Amon View Post
    Bob,

Thanks for you response! I don't know who's the fastest but mine was close to
    being one of the first Citation conversions. I look forward to the good racing
    and appreciate the addition to your list.

Thanks again!

Mark
    It's just a running debate between Sam and I - which is faster depends on the day I think. I just sent a note to the Registrar asking to add you to my crew so we should be good to go even if you get there before me.
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI

Liked: 25

Default Leading Citation

Mark,

"Our" Citation will be arriving at Mid-Ohio Friday by 3PM or so and running the Friday evening in the test sessions and then on the weekend. It is my first trip to Mid-Ohio.

I see Bob has you on his crew list so you are already covered by the other half of the Citation FST club. I look forward to meeting our car's creator!

Sam

Sam,

I look forward to meeting you and seeing my "Citation Frankenstein" creation!

Mark

Liked: 25

[quote=Amon;310570]Sam,

I look forward to meeting you and seeing my "Citation Frankenstein" creation!

Mark

[FONT=Calibri]Mark,[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]Are we talking about the same car? The Frankenstein Citation would be Lawyer Bob’s, allegedly faster, white #13 Citation. My Citation is the really well built very cool looking red one![/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]Sorry Bob you know I love cheap shots[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]Sam[/FONT]

[quote=SamF;310575]
    Quote Originally Posted by Amon View Post

[FONT=Calibri]Are we talking about the same car? The Frankenstein Citation would be Lawyer Bob’s, allegedly faster, white #13 Citation. My Citation is the really well built very cool looking red one![/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]Sorry Bob you know I love cheap shots[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]Sam[/FONT]
    Wait for it.
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI

Liked: 151

Default Humps

Marc,

Bob is bringing Marty Feldman along to introduce you to Dr. Citation Fronkonsteen.

Bring your duds and rent an Evolution for the weekend. It’ll be an eerie experience driving with the old car

I raced at the Nelson Ledges National last weekend, so I don't think my better half
    would appreciate the additional CASH outlay if I would choose to race back to back
    weekends! I had planned to originally race at M-O, but at the time there were NO
    vee's signed up for the M-O race weekend!

Thanks for the offer!

Mark

Sam: "allegedly faster"? I hope not .............

Well the#13 citation is out. Looks like the oil pump let go on the Jimmy and killed the bearings. Not my year I guess. Good luck all
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI

Sorry to hear the news Bob! If anyone else can get me on their crew list, it would be
    appreciated..

Mark Farnham

Liked: 58

Default Partial results

Saturday's podium was:
    First - jason steeb (pole)
    Second - doug seim (fast race lap)
    Third - dave dawson

Doug FST 5

Default Summer's last stand!

Saturday was HOT! And, a lot of fun! Going from my sun baked memory....

Quali:
    1. Steeb - Lynks
    2. Seim - Mysterian
    3. Bonow - Mission
    4. Dawson - Evolution
    5. Smith - Evolution

Notice - 4 different car makes in the top 4, with 2 FV conversions + 2 purpose built FST's. Can you ask for better parody?

Race Results:
    Steeb
    Seim (fastest lap)
    Dawson

Randy Shinn won the drawing for the free tire.

Others (that I know of) Robert and Jared had mechanical issues. Bonow was in the Mission (usually piloted by Jim Nash). I think he was running a pretty solid 3rd - nose to tail with Doug and I, before he saw some high oil temps and shut it down. Look out for MRC next season.

The championship is going down to the wire!

Looks like an 80% chance of rain this morning (Sunday).

Cheers!
    Jason

PS...Bob... We can't believe lightening struck twice man! We miss you this weekend!

Liked: 190

Default Mid-Ohio

A few photos and thoughts from Saturday

The Mid-Ohio tower in the morning; it's great to be back at Mid-Ohio. The track management change is great, no more M-O Nazis, only smiling faces that are happy to service the customer. However, they gotta do something about that bump coming out of the carousel.

Jim Nash's Mission MRC-09; I must thank Jim for giving me the fantastic opportunity to drive his creation. A really great car that not only looks beautiful, but it fits wide shoulders and drives like a dream. Being a short 2 session Saturday, my seat time was limited, but I'm very happy that Jim trusted me with his baby. We qualified 3rd and ran 3rd for 9 of the 13 race laps. Due to the high outside temps (high 90's?) coupled with the only area where the Mission needs further development (cooling), I simply pulled in when temps got too high (before anything was seriously hurt).

Hoosier FST Round 9 Podium: Jason Steeb, Doug Seim and Dave Dawson topped the Saturday podium, Contratulations

Round 9 Results:

Steeb 1:40.782
    Seim 1:40.746 * fast lap
    Dawson 1:41.768
    Blevins 1:45.751
    Farmiga 1:50.999
    Shinn 1:59.990
    Bonow 1:41.137
    Smith 1:41.076
    Clark DNF

I'll figure un-official points and post .
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 05.27.13 at 3:33 PM.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Default Points

Ran through the points. Jason looks very strong at this point. Although the title is not clinched, a good finish today will lock up the championship for Steeb. It would be great to see another name on the trophy

I'll be watching today for race results.

P.S., make sure someone gets me a set of Sunday qualifying and race results. I'll get them over to Doug Dale for posting.
    Bill Bonow

Default Sunday Results....

From sun baked to rain soaked...

Probably, the most slippery track I've ever been on. I think I could have done faster lap times in a Chevy Cruze, than my FST!

Steeb - 2:12.770
    Seim - 2:12.854
    Smith - 2:17.634
    4 - Clark - 2:15.123
    5 - Dawson - 2:27.814

The damp qualifying caused issues for some of us. Only 5 FST guys took the green flag for the series race, with 11 cars on course in total. Robert Clark started the series race from the pole, after a brilliant drive from the tail end of damp qualifier field.

Then the heavens opened up, and it was wet the rest of the day.

I'll see if I can get some video posted, but man, I love Mid-Ohio!

I owe 100% of Sunday's result to my crew - especially my dad and my brother-in-law. The damp track for the qualifier caught me out, and I spun up my motor too high warming the brakes on the pace lap. Something about me and pace laps at Mid-O Anyway, I managed to break something. Stupid. I had a dead cylinder or 2, so I pulled into the paddock instead of taking the green flag for the qualifier. We found some brass inside the valve cover, and decided we needed to swap engines. I would have never taken the green flag for the series race, without their help! We all grabbed tools, and 3hrs later - we were good to go (no small task with my little Lynks). Even the ladies jumped in on the action - unpacking the spare engine and keeping us fed/hydrated! Don't tell me racing isn't a team sport!

Anyway...I hope everybody had as much fun as we did!

Cheers!
    Jason
    Last edited by jsteeb; 09.05.11 at 9:54 AM.

Liked: 67

Congratulations to "Team Steeb" on their win on Sunday! It's a good thing Jason did his part in the race after all the fine work in the paddock. Nice job.

Bill did a great job driving the MRC and his feedback and suggestions from just 2 sessions will go a long way in improving the car for next year. If the weather had been 24 hours later I may still be thinking I only needed to tweak the cooling on the car to get it up to snuff.

I think the car showed well in Bill's hands as he kept pace with the leaders on Sat. who were driving cars they have had for at least a couple seasons while Bill was in one completely new to him.

The work on improvements will have to begin later than hoped as my trailer sits in Lodi WI, not my backyard in Minneapolis, as I had a leaf spring break (?!) on the tow home. If it's not one thing....

Jim

Default Mid-Ohio Sweep for Steeb

I'll get the results over to Doug Dale (official Hoosier FST points keeper), but with two wins this weekend at Mid-Ohio, we're most likely looking at the '10 FST Rookie of the Year winner becoming the '11 Hoosier FST Series Champion.

Congratulations to Jason Steeb on a great weekend at Mid-Ohio and a fantastic 2011 season in your '72 Lynx B FV conversion .
    Bill Bonow

Thanks for the kind words guys. I'm hoping Doug's math matches what Bill and I are looking at. It's been a dream season - that's for sure!

Here is the video of Sunday's rain race. I left the pace lap in to show just how slick it really was. I certainly didn't drive great, but sometimes, "good enough," is all that's needed. Doug and I were running 2:12's together, but after he spun and I had a bit of a moment in T8, I backed off a bit.

http://vimeo.com/28640459

I'll see if I can get some dry laps posted, too.

Cheers!
    Jason

Liked: 610

Default Mid-Ohio

Congratulations Jason.
    Wish I could have been there to watch you in action.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4358

Congratulations Jason!

It's cool to be able to pass along championship winning engines to somebody who can keep them winning! Does not happen often. Nice job!
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Liked: 2

Congrats Jason! Well done to everyone else...that wet racetrack looked evil! Lance

Default 2011 Hoosier FST Champion - Jason Steeb

Official points are up at http://www.formula-first.org/html/2009_points.html

Congratulations goes to Jason Steeb for his efforts in winning the 2011 Hoosier Formula First Championship Series. This past weekend, Jason clinched the title with a pair of wins over second place points winner Doug Seim, the 2010 series champion.
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 05.27.13 at 3:33 PM.
    Bill Bonow

Congrat's Jason!
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI

Default Great job!

Way to go Jason! Now its time to put the topper on the season by committing to a run at the ARRC!

Doug FST 5

.....go Autowerks!

Liked: 151

Default From the director

As series administrator my congratulations to Jason for a great season. This was not some lucky fluke it came with lots of hard work and adversity needed to be overcome many times. What you need to do well in this Championship is to limit DNF’s. Jason along with his dad did a great job prepping the car along with the benefit of terrific support from his family.

What most people don’t know is that the "Steeb team" overcame a lot of adversity between the morning session and the Sunday race. Great job in showing up with a great car after that effort.

The FFDA is lucky to have champions like Jason and Doug Seim. They are both class acts and great ambassadors for FST and for the best regional series in the country.

Thanks guys!!

I’d also like to congratulate Sam Farmiga who clinched the rookie award last weekend. Sam was starting to hit Mid Ohio’s many apexes and I’m sure the Atlanta apexes don’t stand a chance.

Another great job came from Dave Dawson. He was doing well in the Friday practice when his car started smoking. In the morning he found the culprit a broken head stud. He worked hard and put in two more (one too long) and made it out for the qualification session. The result a trip to the podium.

The hard luck award has got to go to Rob Clark. He had a throttle cable issue all day Saturday and barely got out. If you have ever watched Rob’s ever more professional videos you know Rob is a great driver who caught a bad break at Mid Ohio. Rob is the most determined driver of our group especially when playing catch up. I know he is waiting impatiently for the ARRC.

Lastly we all want Bob Stack to make it to the final “Citation Challenge” at the ARRC. Maybe one of our sponsors will award something special to the winner.

Liked: 3

I didn't do it all by myself. I had plenty of help from Robert, Randy and Sam's crew as well.

Congrats to Jason, a well deserved and hard fought championship

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by rgu View Post

Lastly we all want Bob Stack to make it to the final “Citation Challenge” at the ARRC. Maybe one of our sponsors will award something special to the winner.

Working on finding a RELIABLE way to get my car to ARRC. Clearly towing with the Jimmy isn't an option. One way or another I am planning on the ARRC.

Has not been the season I was hoping for that's for sure.

Congrat's to Jason on the championship and to Sam for the Rookie honors.

Bob
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI

Liked: 10

Congratulations to Jason!!

I enjoyed the racing this season - unfortunately as Robert stated its limiting the DNFs (and mechanical issues) that is critical and we just had too many this year to keep pace with Jason and Doug.

We had a strange weekend. Saturday I had the throttle cable break in both qualifying and the race - which eventually we traced to a loose front engine mount. With Jason winning I knew the championship was out the window so Sunday I just wanted to come out and have a good showing. The qualifying race was great - car was just perfect on the drying track and I had a good run through the field with both Jason and Doug dropping out with mechanical issues. But that all changed quickly.

The wet race in the afternoon is probably my worse race in FST in the time I have been in the US - I couldn't get the car to stay on the island and just succeeded in making a fool of myself - I was just lucky not to hit anything or anyone! I haven't even been able to make myself watch the video yet....

So anyway focus is now on the ARRC - I love Road Atlanta and I really looking forward to ending the season well - hope to see as many of you as possible down there.

Rob

Contributing Member steve everard's Avatar
    Liked: 11

Default Fst championship

Congrats to Jason Steeb and family for well deserved championship win, I know that it took many hours of prep and engineering to put the car and driver on the podium. Jasons dedication to racing (especially after dark) will keep him winning for many years to come....unless or course the legend of Steve Steeb is real ......maybe two Steebs on the front row next year ????? no pressure Steve...

Thanks for all your help.

Steve and Reece

The legend of Steve Steeb! LOL!!!

My thanks to everybody who made our resutls possible....
    http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47924

Default I can hear it now....

"The legend lives on from the Waterford on down to the great track they call Road Atlanta......."

-With apologies to Gordon Lightfoot

Doug FST 5

Quote Originally Posted by Doug FST 5 View Post
    "The legend lives on from the Waterford on down to the great track they call Road Atlanta......."

-With apologies to Gordon Lightfoot

Doug FST 5
    Nice! I like it! I think Doug has just become the FST Official Poet!
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI

Liked: 3

Quote Originally Posted by lawyerbob View Post
    Nice! I like it! I think Doug has just become the FST Official Poet!
    I think he's been in the Scotch again .

Quote Originally Posted by dd46637 View Post
    I think he's been in the Scotch again .
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information