Contributing Member Richard Dziak's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Default Prices of new F1000 race cars

What are the new F1000 race cars selling for now-a-days?

Would be nice to see where pricing is for the major constructors like Stohr, Firman, Citation, Phoenix, etc.

I have heard that new 2011 F1000's are being priced in the $60,000 to $65,000 range.

Any input from the car dealers/builders?
    Richard Dziak
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Former Phoenix F1K-07 F1000 #77 owner/driver
    email: sonewmexico@gmail.com

Liked: 49

Anyone have input on this? I'd love to know as well.

F1000champ

Sprocket,

There's a list of new car manufacturers on our website: www.F1000champ.com

Liked: 3787

It all depends...

It's like buying dinner at an a la carte restuarant.

Which shocks?
    which engine?
    which data system?
    how many spares?
    What level of paint?
    etc., etc.

Liked: 553

There are so many variables no one would post prices here. If you're a serious buyer you should make 4-5 phone calls.

Or, you can post a request here for PM's from apexspeed members. I'm sure you'll get a lot of good advice, especially from current owners and dealers.

The reason I started this thread was to get a basic idea of what these cars are being priced at. I am sure that every manaufacturer has a base price or starting price. Then of course there are options.

I would think that each constructor out there would want to post some sort of starting point. Transparency never hurts. Also a list of basic options would also be nice.

Any constructor willing to step forward?
    Richard Dziak
    Las Cruces, New Mexico

Liked: 126

I built my new Citation for just about $30K with a lot of sweat equity, wheeling and dealing, and using leftover racecar parts I had in the garage. This includes the 4-way Ohlins. IMHO, you cannot build a more competitive new car for less than that. This does not include the AIM data system I bought later and the 3 engines that evaporated.

Thanks Rob for the input and the honesty. Not a bad expense for DIY'er

When I had my Phoenix F1000 built, at the time Matt Conrad was the sales manager. He supplied me with the price (build sheet) to build the base car, (all parts, brand of shocks, tires, wheels, differential, brakes, paint, brand of wings, all listed) and supplied me with a list of options (Aim Dash, custom wheels, saftey harness etc.) available. Each option was priced and Phoenix Race Works provided 100% pure transparency to the end buyer. It was a very pleasent experience with no haggling or after purchase add on expenses. Before I placed the order I clearly understood what I was getting and what I was paying for the options.

In todays world of marketing and sales, I am sure that the major constructors have the same information for potential buyers. It is generally called a "build sheet".

It would be nice to see the major constructors step forward and pdf some pricing of their F1000 base car, and the options that are provided to the end user. No one is looking for trade secrets here, but a clear defined idea of what these F1000 race cars are selling for. There should be no reason to hide the pricing and I am sure this information is readily available to be disseminated to the racing community or prospective buyers.

Any constructor like Stohr, Citation, Firman, Philidelphia, Piper, Phoenix, Speads etc. willing to step up to the plate first?
    Richard Dziak
    Las Cruces, New Mexico

Liked: 1

Be sure to account for the price of any required spares, such as wheels, wings, etc.

Thread Information