Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4346

Default Shannonville. Hindman and Adams

FFA
    Trent Hindman dominated the weekend but needed luck to pull off the double win. On Saturday, with a large lead, Hindman, the pole-sitter, had a mechanical failure and spun off, getting beached in corner one. The race continued for another 5 minutes, officials and track announcer unaware the leader was missing. About the time that another car spun and got high-sided, Curly noticed the former leader was beached too. Larry threw the red, and Moe waved the checker, and everybody started congratulating Steve Tzountzouris for his victory. Sometime later, the officials gave up trying to figure out what happened, and went back several laps to the last lap that they could decipher and declared Hindman the winner.
    Sunday brought another pole and dominant victory for Hindman. Garret Grist was 2nd on Sunday and Dalton Kellett was 3rd both days.

FFB
    Steve Bamford had the Saturday pole and led initially. Mike Adams tookover the lead and never looked back. Adams picked up his Sunday performance, taking pole, winning class B, and 3rd overall. Bamford and Gord Ross finished 2nd and 3rd both days. Thats 5 straight for Adams!
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Liked: 0

Well, at least I got a great avatar pic!

Cheers

Liked: 1

Default Steve T

Shame for Steve T. He always goes well at Shannonville which says allot. Quite a technical track.

Very impressed with Mike Adams.

I hear Gord and Steve had a good battle?

How did A.J. do? I know he was having overheating issues at Mosport so last weekend would have been a real test.

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

Adams would have had the pole as well on Saturday for the FFB as well if he didn't have some mechanical issues earlier.

I had a hard time getting by Gord as that bright orange kept blinding me.
    Last edited by Steve Bamford; 07.19.11 at 11:33 AM. Reason: addition

Liked: 0

Whatever works

Thread Information