Thread: WGI update

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default WGI update

Massive turnout for premier event!
    One guy coming all the way from another country to support the class,while the other guy even had his car transported to the event and (gulp) got on an airplane and flew to the event.
    Yep - 2 entries. Thanks to all the FB owners in the NE for making the trip to one of the most incredible tracks in the WORLD to support the FB National numbers to help ensure the class actually remains a class. Good goin...

Yeah I know I'm not the all knowing, all seeing chump I envision myself as, He who makes all the rules and calls all the shots, but really, 2 entries?

Q1 on Friday morning Cooper over Hill in a miraculously black flag all fee session. This is an incredible feat,not sure it's ever happened here at WGI.
    In Q2 Sat morning, Hill pips Cooper by a tenth, both drivers now getting down much closer to the lap record from last year - 1:48.7 or so. Hill w/ a 1:49.5, and Cooper along w/ a few others in the group not getting credit for the last lap of the session, which in Cooper's case was the fastest, getting a good tow from FA leader LeCain.

Race 1 has Hill get boxed in in T1 by some slower SR's, allowing Cooper to shoot gap up the middle, closing on Hill on exit of T1, and passing into T2. Hill charges back on the uphil Esses, and almost looks like he has a shot into the a)Chicane for the roadracers, b)Inner Loop for the Darrell Waltrip fans, or c) Bus Stop for anyone old enough to remember the F! couse at the original Anderstorp circuit in Sweden...

Cooper maintains the FB lead, hooking up w/ a 5 FA train, eventually displacing a 016 Atlantic, making THAT guy the caboose, while Hill keeps a gap about 3-5 seconds back, eventually suffering a left front punctue, later claiming to have "burnt the tire off the rim".
    I'll let JH chime in on that comment which may or may not have come later that night at his A frame cabin at The Seneca Lodge, and further may have come after a few imported beers

Cooper takes the FB win, and neither driver went quicker in the pretty hot conditions (82*F or so) than the existing lap record from 2010

Race 2 later today, hopefully some in class dicing will ensue!

Liked: 99

Any chance you can post the results from the entire group?
    -Nick

Liked: 84

[FONT=Verdana]Coop you really are the "real deal" FB dude, the referring to yourself in the 3rd person is a little weird, but the true FB ambassador without question! Keep truckin brother....[/FONT]

ASRF1000

Sure wish we could have made it there.

Jon

Liked: 3787

Seriously... how many FBs exist in the NE Division?
    In the past few years, I've only heard of Jeremy (Father of the Class) Hill.
    You can't expect cars that don't exist to show up.

It's a long tow from the hot bed of FB racing... the Pacific NW.

Liked: 210

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    It's a long tow from the hot bed of FB racing... the Pacific NW.
    THANKS for the recognition there Frog. Being a 'fan'/observer of FB I'm shocked to see we (here in the Northwest) are leading the way in BIG FB fields. And of course with our travelin group that should extended in to Cal, Utah, Nev.

Come on SE, NE, Central.... get it together
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Liked: 84

SE isn't too shabby, there are probably just as many FB's in "Da dirty South" as the NW. Plus we got the past 2 National champs, HOOO

Default Your Frogness

There are a good 3 or 4 FB's north of the Manson-Nixon line. They missed out on a terrific weekend, great weather, and cool nights.

Perhaps they are content to run Regionals and don't actually care if the class does not retain National status? Time to chime in Yankees!

Liked: 126

Mine is now a Zetec, Paul Smith's car still doesn't run, Iggy has had engine issues, Mike B's car is now up here in the Northeast but owner is at Laguna Seca working with Turner Motorsports, Sean M is busy supplying car parts.... who is left? Not sure about Ivansea...

Contributing Member Nicholas Belling's Avatar
    Liked: 1

Default ivansea is utah region with the black stohr

I think he will be running salt lake events and next year probably west coast f1000 pro series events as he is friends with FB guys already running those regions .
    Nicholas Belling
    email@nicholasbelling.com
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Liked: 4

Wow...I made it into the Coop Chronicles. At last, my life has meaning.

Liked: 5

Quote Originally Posted by RobLav View Post
    Not sure about Ivansea...
    Ivinsea is me, Ivin Seabrook. My brother Pete has a red Stohr, I have a white one.
    This is our second year so we are doing regionals only.

We are hoping to do a few Nationals next year.

Also Shawn McClure of NH has a DPO4.

Liked: 114

Hey dude, nice win on SAT. How did SUN go??????????

Contributing Member
    Liked: 215

Coop as I have comented before get your old lazy ass back in an FC and go win the F2000 series . Less money more competition and with the extra change you can sponsor me to be a back marker.

Default Yeah but

Will ya block for me the way some did in the FA's directly ahead today?
    (Film to follow, I'm goin' all investigative reporter!).

Whew, just got in from Detroit, yes folks, betcha didn't know that a visit to that fair city's impressive airport was on today's schedule.

The 6pm flight we had planned out of Rochester back to ATL was never going to happen as the schedule ran late and by the time we booked it from post race tech (after getting weighed), back to the Young Racing transporter for a quick change of clothes and into the waiting rental Ford Escape (GREAT interior, somewhat lackluster stereo, and absolut crap engine performance from the anemic V6 or whatever device they had stashed under the hood), it was all but done.

Not to worry as your intrepid reporter went all road rage on I-86 from the Corning exit (Hey I just came off of a 3 day go fast fix and still had not wound down) about half way to Rochester when the towel was thrown in and alternate plans werew made and paid for over the phone, thanks to my American Mexican card and it's Delta Skymiles program.

Hopefully the Go Pro footage came out from today's race, cause all it took to get real hairy was 5 seconds from green, T1 and a sideways pole man LeCain (That's 2 mentions in one posting Paul!), narowly averted disaster as he rotates just as I come by stradling the curbing - it was pretty close. Maybe not "missed 'em by a Bee's dick, but I'll let the vid speak for itself.

Hill will need to chime in with whatever mayhem took him out of the race, leaving me to cruise amongst the slower FA's for win #2 of 2.

Full(er) report to follow, must get shower. Must get schleeeeeeeeeppppppppp...

ASRF1000

Gee, Maybe I'm not so upset that we had to miss it.

Liked: 0

While I wasn't helping the FB numbers (in my CSR Radical Grocery Getter), it was great to see you guys this weekend Coop.

-Matt

PS - Sure it ain't Monday, bro?

Liked: 80

Default THE GLEN

the good; beat coop in quali for both races by hundreds with a new fastest lap ever of 148.6, the bad: was catching coop in sat race when we got a puncture, the ugly; dsr got between the dice between coop and me, he was very slow up the hill out of the toe, made a clean pass and was headed for the apex when i got punted hard in the left rear which removed the corner and threw me into the gravel trap, thanks pal jeremy

Liked: 120

Race #1 was pretty good racing but #2 was an show in stupidity.
    Yellow DSR was color blind as he blew by a half dozen stations under double yellow with the intent of inserting himself in the middle of a 4 car FC dice.....

Liked: 6

Default should have been...

... good 2 car race between always fast coop and out of luck jeremy... can qualy times be any closer?

Fri Q1 Sat Race
    Glenn Cooper 1:52.201
    Jeremy Hill 1:56.003

Sat Q2 Sat Race
    Jeremy Hill 1:48.639
    Glenn Cooper 1:49.538

Fri Q1 Sun Race
    Jeremy Hill 1:50.852
    Glenn Cooper 1:50.866

Sat Q2 Sun Race
    Jeremy Hill 1:48.913
    Glenn Cooper 1:48.968