Thread: Formula 440

Liked: 2

Default Formula 440

Make unknown, raced as formula 440 in the Northwest. John Deere engine not complete. For sale or trade. $1000. No spares. Contact Ken 425-971-4251

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 5

If you will post photos of the car without the body work on it, this might help to determine what make it is along with making it easier to sell. Now, it appears to be a KBS Mk.4 but that is a guess.

What spares do you have to go with the car?

This will make a good solo/autox car with a newer motor in it. We hang out at the forum on www.formula500.org so please post there as well.

Jim

Liked: 0

Originally called a "Psyche", built in the Seattle area in about '86, I think by Archie Hodges. (Maybe Archie will see this - he posts regularly on Apexspeed).

Original concept for the rear suspension and drive never quite worked out. Dave Roberts redesigned the rear end (4 link?) and ran the car in Conference for several years. Dave did all the fab work when I put a 4 link on my KBS MK3 and borrowed some of my ideas. Unless someone has come along after him and butchered things, worksmanship will be very good. It still sports his "race team" name on the side pods, so I suspect it will be more or less as Dave left it.

I own this car now I would like any info about it I can get. it will run solo in Idaho
    Last edited by smcferon; 08.02.11 at 2:35 PM.

Liked: 58

Built in mid 1980's in Seattle by Archie Hodge,owned and raced by Larry Momany. Both are still around town.

I found Dave Roberts and gave him your (new owner's) email. Tragically, he had just destroyed the body molds. He had no idea where the car wound up and after storing the molds for 20 years finally decided they had to go, just 3 or 4 weeks before I contacted him.

For Trade

is this car still for sale?

Default Formula 440

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    is this car still for sale?
    I have a Red Devil Formula 440 complete with extra motor slicks and parts excellent condition

Liked: 4

Quote Originally Posted by bunchy View Post
    I have a Red Devil Formula 440 complete with extra motor slicks and parts excellent condition
    PM'd you Bunchy

Thread Information