Classifieds Super License marshall9's Avatar
    Liked: 501

Default Crow Enterprises

Just received safety harnesses back from Crow Enterprises today. They were sent back to them for re webbing/certification. Very happy with the result. New everything, but hardware for 50.00 plus shipping. SFI Certification starts from 08/11. Quick turnaround and great service.

ASRF1000

I had also sent my safety belts back to Crow for recertification and same story. Same price and very quick turn around time. Very pleased with their service.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 89

Were both of the belts from Crow initially, or another brand? I had heard that they would reweb other brands besides just their own.

ASRF1000

Mine were from Crow originally

Classifieds Super License marshall9's Avatar
    Liked: 501

Not sure. Mine were Crow originally. I believe that their website says that they only do theirs, but that may be only at that price. They will also, in the process, do a 3" to 2" narrowing towards the top for HANS for an additional 12.00, I didn't opt for this, as Averill, that has been thru the training as an authorized HANS dealer advised me to stay with 3" even with the HANS. He says to let the top of the shoulder belts hang over the HANS edge. Maybe he will comment here as to why. I bought my HANS from him, and to my knowledge, the dealers go through some training as to their function, so as to advise customers and answer questions regarding application. Also, Crow will let you change color of the belts, as the webbing is new. For instance, if your belts are black, and you want gray, blue or red, no problem, same price for re-cert. Check out their website for more info, there are other options as well, like built in shoulder padding, etc. They also check your hardware for cracks, bends, etc before certification, and have the old style latching systems available , the ones that look like a big belt buckle if you want to use them. If you have that style and want to upgrade to camlock, it can be done at the same time for additional cost.
    Last edited by marshall9; 07.01.11 at 7:41 PM.

Liked: 113

Fred is very accomodating with special requests. He sewed a loop into the top of my shoulder belts (I used through bolts to mount) at a very reasonable price. I asked him to send one sub strap in red so I could tell the two apart - no problem and no charge. I do not think his webbing is quite as thick as on Willans belts and I wish the shoulder harnesses had the anti-slip springs but given the price and availability I have always been very happy with the belts.
    Mark Silverberg - SE Michigan
    Lynx B FV & Royale RP3 FF
    240Z Vintage Production Car
    PCR, Kosmic CRG & Birel karts

Liked: 601

Default HANS

With the 3" shoulder belts, they will stop at the outer retaining lip (on the newer units) and lay slightly up, on the smooth portion around your neck. This helps in sideways retention.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Thread Information