Thread: Donor Engines??

Liked: 43

Default Donor Engines??

Ok Coop and Boobhead,

Let's resume the engine source thread. I'm all ears (or eyes in this case) What, Where, and How?

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Oh dayum

That's all ya had to do?

Hey I've been in the bike game a long time. Prior to my current gig, I was in the biz for 20 years.
    In the southeast auctions are a joke and have been for years - the yokels and noobs bid the things so high as to be comical.
    I have my sources, actually a lot of them, but getting a late GSXR1000 crashed bike for the prices mentioned ($800-1000...) doesn't happen around here is all I'm sayin'.

I can't imagine it does anywhere, and if there is one out there for $500 - I'd almost pay that much not to see that level of carnage(!)

Liked: 43

I've watched some of the auctions in the midwest with the same results you have seen. I was hoping someone may have a real good connection for finding motors for our cars. Maybe others will care to chime in here on past positive or negative experiences for sourcing engines. I think we could learn from these posts and develope some fair expectations for finding F 1000 engines.

Liked: 84

try crazedlist.com which is a national search of every craigslist, it'll yeild results within a couple weeks or sooner

Liked: 0

If you're feeling brave do what I did and buy a brand new bike and part it out. I ended up with a 0 mile motor for $1500 by the time everything was sold. A bit risky but every time I did the maths (or 'math' if you must ) it made sense. At least you know the history of the motor from day one. I was lucky enough to get a smoking deal on a bike bought out of state (no sales tax).

Liked: 23

I'm currently looking around. There was a 2009 gsxr(wrecked) on an online auction for $1000, by the end of the day it was up to $1850, and probably went for more.

Glenn, you wouldn't mind pm'in me a list of what you sold off the bike, and for how much would you? I'd appreciate that.

Brett

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Lane View Post
    Glenn, you wouldn't mind pm'in me a list of what you sold off the bike, and for how much would you? I'd appreciate that.

Brett
    Glen or Ben? I can e-mail you a list of the parts I sold off the bike I bought new. ben@secomposites.com

Liked: 23

Sorry, I meant you, Ben. Any help here is greatly appreciated.

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Northwind you have a PM....feel free to share it with other ApexSpeed FB racers. I just don't want to post info here where every yokel can find it through google.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 60

Default Ebay 08 Suzuki in Flordia

Thread Information