Thread: Series Events

F1000champ

Default Series Events

Here is a question to all drivers and teams who are looking to participate in the 2012 Formula 1000 Championship Series. I'm asking this as I would like to hear everyone's feelings on this.

If we were to have two MAJOR events on the 2012 schedule in Florida but they were back to back weekends, would anyone object?

Back to back weekends can be hectic, but on the same token, travel expenses can be significantly reduced, with just one trip to two events.

Liked: 23

Certainly no objection here. I am also ptretty sure no one in the South East where there is a significant amount of FB's would have a problem with it.

Right now I am on the fence with this series, financially that is, but this would help me to jump off and dive right in. I think there is at least 7 cars in Florida alone.

F1000champ

Thank you Brett.

Contributing Member Brandon Dixon's Avatar
    Liked: 127

Suits me fine, but I'm not that far away. I would think that it would be easier to get get teams to travel from farther away for back to back weekends.

F1000champ

Thanks Brandon.

Liked: 6

Default You must be talkin about

Sebring 12 hour and the St. Pete Indy car weekends ? If so I'm there.

Thanks,

Tom

F1000champ

Thanks Tom. It's what we're working on, but no promises yet.

In less than an hour, between emails and this site, we have 7 for and 0 against.

F1000champ

Make that 8 for, 0 against.

F1000champ

Now 9 for, 0 against.

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Make that

10 and O

F1000champ

Thanks Glenn.

Liked: 84

back to back weekends in Fl. is a great idea.. I'm wondering, maybe you can start a thread to find out where most of your drivers live and try to develop a schedule that'll be the centered around that geographical area. This will obviously bring your participation way up and get the series off to a big start. just my $.02

Liked: 553

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
    back to back weekends in Fl. is a great idea.. I'm wondering, maybe you can start a thread to find out where most of your drivers live and try to develop a schedule that'll be the centered around that geographical area. This will obviously bring your participation way up and get the series off to a big start. just my $.02
    There is a list on the Formula1000.com site via the "Entry List" link: http://www.formula1000.com/

F1000champ

Up to 16 for, 0 against. I guess the I's have it.

Some drivers are not yet listed on our "Teams" page.

Thanks everyone for your input.
    Last edited by F1000champ; 06.24.11 at 12:06 PM.

Liked: 26

Jon,
    For those of us on the left coast that might want to tow over for the two weekends will there be a tow fund payout for each weekend or one for both weekends?

F1000champ

John,

On a back to back weekend like this, it would be a tow fund as if one event with an added bonus to partially compensate for the extra nights stay and mileage. The tracks are just about 2.5 hours away from each other so the distance is not far. But, we understand that it means additional nights hotels, meals, etc.

We haven't come up with what exactly the bonus would be, because at this point these events are not a done deal, but a work in progress.

We probably won't have a confirmation on one of the dates until mid August.

That being said, these would be huge events and we want as many teams to participate as possible.

Remember, the tow fund is per car, not per trailer, so it's even more beneficial if possible for teams out west to pair up together for events.

Thank you.

F1000champ

Default Tow Fund for back to back events

The tow fund for a back to back weekend such as the one we are working on with a close proximity to each other, would be 1.5 times the normal tow fund for one event.

This is to partially compensate teams for additional nights stays and meals between events.

If this works out, this will be the only back to back weekend on our schedule. All other events will be spaced accordingly.

Liked: 59

We would make both Florida races! Good luck and thanks for keeping us posted!

F1000champ

Thanks Bill.....make that 17 for!

Thread Information